AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 When you call yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  05:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Dogboy

USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  06:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So separation = violence?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  06:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True. The middle east where we live is one of the biggest examples... I'd say it's also best to surpass being human into reality and realize that the other is non other than your own true self

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  10:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All or Nothing- No-Thing at all....
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  10:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ing
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  3:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ananda from my perspective as empathy grows any action I take that leads to separation is like an act of aggression and I feel this in my field of being ,a selfish action reverberates quickly inside and a selfish thought as well my reactions have become less deep as my practice grows but linger on ,I now understand there origins but sometimes their flow are very strong,the witness is alive and well but the play of life is still present .
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  4:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All in good time my friend#128591; Try and realize the nature of what is arising.

Much love

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2015 :  10:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely agree with you Ananda. There is no separation, there is only human. Separation though, is just part of the problem, not the entire problem.

What is not good for All, is good for none.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000