Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Asanas and working out..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  10:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After I started going to gym 15 days ago I have felt lot of balance and intense session. .. I do my pranayam then meditation then go to gym. . While working out I particularly focus on my breath and I get high and feel my energy. .. so then in the gym I took group yoga class and body flow class which was a yoga and taI chi mixed class for Working out.. I felt immense effect of those postures while doing some postures like upward and downward facing dog and so on.. So I would like to add asana before my morning meditation and pranayam session. . Which are some asanas postures you guys use before your session? Could you guys name them please.. Thanks

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  12:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the AYP prescription.

http://www.aypsite.org/71.html

:)
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  03:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stay some time in that group yoga class. If possible to learn asana from a real teacher its preferable in my opinion. You will learn there to synchronize awareness, breath, movement and proper posture

When you would like to do asana at home as bodywork you can be inspired on you tube.
For instance you can do every day 4 Sun Salutations (depending on your condition you can add more), after waking up. Do this for 40 day's in a row, when you forget one day, you will have to start at day one again....
This way you will get a routine in it.
Edit: Do this separate from your AYP meditation, read the lesson Jack recommend first.....
Enjoy your practice,

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 04 2015 04:42:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2015 :  05:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance, be careful: an asana routine before sitting practices should be a relaxing one in order to allow a smooth transition towards pranayama and meditation; a workout oriented asana routine is great for health (I also do that) but is not very good if done just before sitting practices.
Go to Top of Page

anant123

India
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2015 :  03:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yoga has lot to give to everyone if one is much interested doing it regulary. Yoga has lot of different types and different poses to work out. One of the yoga types is asanas. some of the asanas like kapalbhati and pranayama. It's the best deal to work out everyday for the balance in our body.It helps to restrain from stress and to be active throughout the day.

Here i want to share some useful tips for the beginners : http://yogavinirishikesh.com/yoga-for-beginners
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  03:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello iseekbalance

Also have a look at Lesson 80 - Q&A – Physical fitness and yoga

When I first started AYP, I though this rather intense fitness routine was sort of optional. I've completely changed my mind - it is very important to keep fit. It helps ground and definitely helps the body sustain the energy you build up through sitting practices. These days I do a gentle asana routine before meditation and a strength training programme every other day. The former is for stretching and keeping flexible, the latter thoroughly works all muscle groups.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000