Enlightenment Milestones
 The Inquiry/Intent of Full Expression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  9:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As this forum is subtitled "Reporting Experiences Along The Way", I thought I'd share my intention of "Full Expression".

Asana class has come alive for me now with the arousal of kundalini and Inner Silence. These "inner winds" assist in the poses, providing ease and stamina rarely experienced in my prior decade of asana classes. The anticipation of attending a class is like priming my "bliss choke"; the air is charged with the presence of other yogis and their various degrees of devotion. The bowl chime, the calm resonance of Teacher's voice, our opening OM, are pebbles arced into my bliss pond, vibrating ripples echoing in my chest cavity.

I enter poses in loose focus, slowly building the foundation piece by piece, and arrive at an inquiry "is this my full expression?" My body makes an automatic adjustment there as an answer, where I "cap" full expression with a literal expression: semi-closed "sambhavi eyes", kerchari mudra, and a Mona Lisa smile. I have practiced this "cap" in a mirror; it is the expression of arousal and rapture, and employing that while the body is in full agreement puts me at an internal/eternal ease, a unity that is only abandoned because the next pose awaits. Full Expression is my being at its lightest; probably the closest I currently am to Akasha. I have reserved Shivasana for my morning AYP DM on class days.

Another interesting observation is the luminance of the studio between poses and after class, where eyes are open, gazes met, and bodies at ease; there prana oozes from my solar center and I share it freely, for it is more than one man has a need for. I can feel them radiating back in their friendly smiles and our familiar banter. By employing Full Expression in asana class, it has migrated outside of class, maybe not sambhavi eyes, instead, a gentle awareness at Ajna followed by Ketchari; in that moment so thick with promise, you will find the corners of my mouth reaching for the heavens.

Fellow yogis, what is your definition, your intention, of Full Expression?

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 25 2015 9:29:35 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  02:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, wow, wow. Can we say: nailing it. As in: right on point, right on target, right in the flow. It's these kind of reports that make the forum valuable and on the leading edge of humanity. Hip hip hooray, Dogboy.

Full expression...oh yes, compadre, kind of like when the hands and feet feel like elemental fireworks fueled by the invisible winds of cosmic energy brewing from the infinite source of calmness, which is everywhere and nowhere simultaneously. Kind of like falling in love despite our foolishness, and nevertheless pursuing mastery on an instrument of our choosing--including the body, but maybe something that makes music, or visual art, or some other sensory gift to be given.

(I'm not a poster boy of self-pacing, but I appreciate the good vibes that come along, and I celebrate those who radiate them, i.e. the ones going for full expression.)

More.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  07:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are blessed, Dogboy. So nice to hear about your amazing progress and freedom.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your touching words and full expression Dogboy, when reading I feel it and can not put my feelings in practice in better words.

This morning I drove in my car to the beach to teach my summer sunday morning class at sea.
Yoga and meditation at the beach has something special, earth, water, sun, air and space all around. ( not so many sunny sunday's overhere)
I just read before I left your words, they were on my mind and on the car radio I heard a song,
"I am walking on sunshine", maybe that can describe how I feel when I teach and see during class the change on faces, in eyes. How the breath slows down, the body's working, sometimes struggling, some strong or flexibel. In everyone I see myself. Me chanting a mantra during shavasana, there is so much outpouring love perhaps that is also full expression.

"I am walking on Sunshine"

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 26 2015 10:32:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful experience of an asana class Dogboy. Almost wish I could be there
I think your 'full expression' is what I use to call 'being' as in 'just being'.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Bodhi: yes, the body as instrument, at one with the music spilling forth

@Sunyata: freedom from overload (at this juncture) is indeed a blessing; I remember how you suffer at times from that. Every juggler at some point drops the balls, and needs to gather them to continue the magic.

@Charliedog: you fret often about your English, but your words are always poetic to me! Thanks for sharing your sunshine

@BlueRC: even if we can't be in presence, we'll always have the forum! I beg to quibble; fully expressing trumps 'just being'!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  2:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quibble away if that's what your full expression demands, but 'just being' i.e. without attributes, is the door into Oneness.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  4:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Quibble away if that's what your full expression demands, but 'just being' i.e. without attributes, is the door into Oneness.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Perhaps my quibble is with the word 'just', as if there should be something more...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  05:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At the level of conceptual thinking it must be less, mustn't it?
If it is more, it is not something we can talk about or even think (it's just not the realm of thinking).
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  10:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
@Sunyata: freedom from overload (at this juncture) is indeed a blessing; I remember how you suffer at times from that. Every juggler at some point drops the balls, and needs to gather them to continue the magic.

Haha Dogboy- When I overload it's plastered all over the forums.Freedom from overload is also freedom.Your posts shows how much and how quickly you are making progress.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Dogboy, lately it becomes easier to express myself in English, one of the benefits of AYP for me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000