Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 AYP + "stress relief" meditation during the day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  8:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!

I do AYP morning and night (started only recently). During the day I sometimes run into stressful, uptight situations with other negative people and want to quickly clear my mind, center myself, bring emotions down a bit to that "calm, centered, joy vibration". I've tried doing deep diaphragmatic breathing but I think a solid 30-minute breathing session would hit the spot to get rid of all that negative junk that builds up throughout the day. It's perfect for me since I have a good amount of time right in the middle of the day too.

I'm thinking about doing some breath meditation as needed during the day in addition to AYP. Has anyone tried this?

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  01:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Replace the night meditation with the mid day meditation and see how things go.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  04:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alecpeace,

Welcome to the AYP forum.

Be aware of your breath as much as possible, diaphragmatic or not. Just be aware of it, during the day. This helps you to stay close to yourself, and you will learn how your breath is working. Not influence, only be in touch with it.

If you need to balance and have time you can do diaphragmatic breathing or a pranayama like samavritti, not to long just a few minutes. Do not overdo pranayama, that is really important! Read first the lessons of Yogani.

Enjoy your practice,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000