Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Newbie on the forum - Meditation Experiences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lux

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First, I wanna say hello to everyone, Every now and then I come and read something around here whenever I google it as there is always a lot of interesting subjects going on in this forum !

Finally I felt the need to register. Plan on going to study throughly the lessons and buy a few of the ayp books listed here as soon as possible !

What I am going to tell you is what happened to me during my meditation yesterday, but before that, a brief description of my meditation and spiritual practices;

In the past, I used to do the Hong so meditation, focusing on the breath, but, would do it for a few weeks, months and then stop. Back then Id experience extended periods of breath retention and deep silence, completely free from thoughts (2011).

I also used to do the tibbethan yoga of sleep and dreams, having attained strong lucid dreaming / astral travelling, for some time until i stopped it as I was getting too tired from restless nights the day before and was still in uni (2011-2012).

I also did a kriya yoga routine for a while, but it was around one to two years ago, having stopped practicing altogether as I was too engaged in my previous work and completely drained by daily life affairs. The kriya routine would involve maha mudra, mula bhanda, kriya pranayama, navi kriya and talabhia kriya(I didnt manage to insert it by the time I stopped practicing, just used to do the sucking with the tongue before the practices as It was said it diminishes thoughts) At that time Id constantly feel energy on the back of my spine, specially around the mooladhara region. Sometimes this energy would be warm and sometimes it would be cold. Always moving. During that time I have managed to listen very clearly to what some call Astral sounds, which are related to chakras. I heard the buzzing of bees. (2011, stopped and then 2012).

In the beginning of this year I started meditating again, managed to listen to the buzzing of bees again (Astral sounds), experienced spontaneous breath retention and pure silence for some time.

Now I am a 2nd level reiki practitioner (channeled level 2 last saturday), doing reiki chakra energization techniques for around 25 days and have always engaged in spiritual readings during the whole time. Having been to India twice (which I love) and planning to go next year again. Every now and then I feel energy on my back, sometimes around mooladhara and at other times at the level of other chakras.

And finally the meditation experience:

As I was meditating on the chakras using the Solfeggio Frequency on each one,
imagining them spinning on the front of my spine and on the back and maintaining awareness in each for 7 minutes, imagining their colours I felt as my
perception of each one had become more accurate. Different sensations on the body were felt as
I passed through each.
As I was passing the navel chakra I began to feel as if some sort of knot or point
was there, or close to there, It started poking me.
White flashes of light were seen as I passed each chakra, maintaining the breathing,
siddhasana position.
One time, instead of one, two flashes quickly appeared and disappeared.
Both of my nostrils were open. Breathing was easy.
The flashes would appear and disappear very quickly but I could tell that at least one of them appeared while I was breathing out.
I think that at least 7 or 8 white flashes appeared and disappeared during the whole meditation.
I would do maha mudra every now and then as I focused on each chakra and was breathing in,
trying to push the energy upwards, towards sahasrara.
I felt warm energy on the back of my spine.
As my awareness was raised upwards, as I was getting to Vishuddha chakra (throat chakra)
My feet and hands started to become very numb and a burning, vibrating sensation was felt
(like what happens when I go to spirits center and receive a very strong "pass").
As the awareness was going upwards, towards the 3 upper chakras I would "hear" this cracking noises, as if inside my spine and then finally inside my skull, I would say I hard it at least 3-4 times.
It actually felt exactly like when I took ecstasy 10 years ago. My hands were VERY sensitive.
As I rubbed one finger against another I could tell it was the exact same feeling I had back then.
Suddenly I felt this happiness. I felt a bit scared as The light that was "embracing" me was so intense. I felt bliss. My eyes were kept shut during the whole time.
At this point my awareness was on the third eye. I felt this bit of pressure there and it seemed to me that it was "moving" or trembling at times. it would tremble and stop and then tremble again, several times.
At times I would sway to left and at others to the right.
This moment seemed like it lasted for a long time, although just a few minutes.
My hands and feet were vibrating very strongly as this strong yellow light surrounded me.
Then I shifted my awareness to the sahasrara and things got more intense.
I kept doing the mula bhanda on the counting of 8 each time, raising my breath towards sahasrara as I was inhaling air through my nose.
Suddenly I felt like I had a HUGE sunflower on the top of my head.
I could tell it was a bit smoky gray towards the white (dont ask me how, I just knew it) and I felt this huge pressure on the upper part of my heard. It was a nice feeling, not at all uncomfortable.
The light got even stronger than before.
As time passed and the meditation ended slowly the pressure, the yellow light, the little bit of
fear sensation, the vibrations on both hands and feet disappeared and things got back to normal.

Since them, I have been feeling very calm and at ease.

Today on the morning I meditated and did not feel a strong experience like the above, just the chakra awareness and the "knot"/poking feeling close to the navel. Also felt this "light" as my awareness was coming to the 3 upper chakras.

This experience gave me such a strong impression I had to come and try and talk to others actually experienced about it as It caught me off guard.

Replies with explanations would be EXTREMELY appreciated !!!

Thank you very much for taking your time to even read this!

Sorry on the upperhand if I posted it on the wrong section (is it ?)

Edited by - Lux on Jul 21 2015 10:11:11 AM

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  09:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First off welcome to the forum and I do advise you avail yourself of the gift presented here as

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=15457

AYP Plus will speed you on your way to understanding this complete system like no other possibly can.

In the next post will answer many of your questions as our path has been somewhat similar. It will likely be a long reply so for now welcome and do consider this gift it is well worth it.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  10:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From what you have shared you have established sufficient amounts of inner silence and the ecstatic conductivity is not only known to you but you have learned how to work with it.

As you likely already know working with the energetic system is not wholly different from working with the hands and legs and feet you were born with.

It also appears you know that the purpose of this system is for something else and now your inner self has perhaps led you here to learn a new way of spiritual practice.

What you describe that has led you to write is what could be termed a huge inner opening and an experience of Unity. This sharing of yours is also an outward manifestation of Bhakti

This is all very wonderful and to be explored and shared just as you have done. If you are like me however you might not have been fulfilled by the earlier Sadhana Systems taken and now it might be time to join us over here at AYP.

If you take up this system it will be discovered to be not only simple but effective and deceptively powerful. The system is very complete.

Undoubtedly you will see similarities with Kriya.

This is not Kriya however nor is it derived from it.

AYP is something quite different and has to be explored to be understood, suggest you either join the AYP Plus Site and read the Secrets of Wilder on line or purchase the book and read it. The book is a work of fiction but the techniques of AYP are all present in it in their earlier form and this book makes it easier to understand the integration of how it all works, not to mention there is more fact in the book than the author Yogani, alludes to.

It is certain if you read that book you will be shocked and understand not only in your head but in your heart.

Welcome to AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Lux

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  12:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

From what you have shared you have established sufficient amounts of inner silence and the ecstatic conductivity is not only known to you but you have learned how to work with it.

As you likely already know working with the energetic system is not wholly different from working with the hands and legs and feet you were born with.

It also appears you know that the purpose of this system is for something else and now your inner self has perhaps led you here to learn a new way of spiritual practice.

What you describe that has led you to write is what could be termed a huge inner opening and an experience of Unity. This sharing of yours is also an outward manifestation of Bhakti

This is all very wonderful and to be explored and shared just as you have done. If you are like me however you might not have been fulfilled by the earlier Sadhana Systems taken and now it might be time to join us over here at AYP.

If you take up this system it will be discovered to be not only simple but effective and deceptively powerful. The system is very complete.

Undoubtedly you will see similarities with Kriya.

This is not Kriya however nor is it derived from it.

AYP is something quite different and has to be explored to be understood, suggest you either join the AYP Plus Site and read the Secrets of Wilder on line or purchase the book and read it. The book is a work of fiction but the techniques of AYP are all present in it in their earlier form and this book makes it easier to understand the integration of how it all works, not to mention there is more fact in the book than the author Yogani, alludes to.

It is certain if you read that book you will be shocked and understand not only in your head but in your heart.

Welcome to AYP.

Hey there So-Hi, first, thank you very much for your words and warm welcome.
Learning new or different methods is always welcome.
Having the possibility to talk about it and exchange information, even more !
Although every now and then I read about this whole "don't talk about your spiritual experiences or it will hinder your progress", which I do not agree at all, as, like me, there are a lot of people everywhere going through different stuff and experiences all the time, I feel it is good to talk about it, as it helps learning and obtaining new information.
I will read through the lessons available here first and then most likely sign the ayp plus afterwards.
I did read everything and everything that goes with the plus option on the link you posted. I am excited about it.

As for my experience, I am not sure if it was the kundalini raising all the way to sahasrara. It could be.
I did not at all have any of the discomforts that some people talk about of the kundalini through my whole life so far. And the incident only happened for a few minutes, not hours like some people say.
I did not leave my body as far as I know like some people say they have during the raising of the kundalini to the sahasrara.
I did and still feel energy on my back. It comes at times and then it suddenly disappears, on different parts of my back.
I did experience in the past years though what some could call the dark night of the soul if that even was it, or maybe my mooladhara chakra was out of balance / over working..where there would be days in which I would feel completely materialistic and lost the complete touch with my inner self and harmony, although my past relationship did help me with that.
Back then I would experience moments of anger, then extreme jealousy, intense anxiety, fear, greed, but, never lost faith neither had the feeling that "god left me" like some people say.

Back to my experience, I found this in the book im currently reading (Kundalini Tantra, by Satyananda Saraswati):

"Pranotthana versus kundalini
Many people have experiences in meditation when they feel the shakti rising through the spinal cord from mooladhara to the brain. However, in most cases, this is not the awakening of kundaiini, but a release of pranic force called pranotthana. This preliminary awakening starts from mooladhara and ascends the spinal cord via pingala nadi, only partially purifying the chakras until it reaches the brain where it is usually dispersed.
In this type of awakening the experience of shakti is rarely sustained. However, it does prepare the aspirant for the eventual awakening of kundalini, which is something altogether different and more powerful. After the awakening of kundalini, the individual will never be the same again. Here there is an ascent of force accompanied by a psychic awakening which is permanently accessible. Even though it may fall back again, the potential will always be there."

I still feel my mind as clear as yesterday after the meditation.

Thank you very much again for your response and welcome, I will be around, commenting here and there and reading as much as possible!

Any new thoughts or comments from anyone will always be welcome !
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  2:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lux you are welcome, Have to laugh at those with the attitude of not sharing spiritual experiences, mostly because have seen more than a few saying it then go ahead and do it, most are teachers or self promoters and they love talking about who taught them because it gives there credibility a boost.

My Guru this or that and so and so says this thing or that thing, when I was with, (whomever fill in the blank) when you practice what I am saying you feel this , it is like that,they told me X,Y,Z some even cook up a utube channel so Pfft, do as I say not as I do = no traction here

My attitude is simple this is life all of life is spiritual how dare anyone declare censorship over any part of it? By what authority do you presume?

Obviously they see a distinct separation between Spiritual Life and Walk Around Daily Life, must be unhappy most of the time outside of the cave.

All of life is spiritual, it is all a spiritual journey wherein and whom gave anyone authority to declare any such judgement that is is otherwise? Is this not simple to see all of life is spiritual.

The answer is no one, my reply is tend to the weeds in your own garden, before telling others what is good or bad for them. Have yet to meet anyone deserving enough of respect to follow this prohibition. Have met allot of superstitious self serving know it all’s well educated chapter and verse in a belief system repeating the same stuff but never one truly worthy or the title master.

If you discuss this facet of your life in a place dedicated to the same thing it is no less appropriate than discussing a personal medical matter with your doctor.

It really all boils down to the stage as to what is appropriate and what is not.

That is my answer.

This site is called Advanced Yoga Practices and we share our experiences of what comes from these practices.

As far as weather it is Kundalini or some other energy it really does not matter very much in the long run, and there is little point in differentiating what channel what is going on in.

One of the first things you will discover in AYP is that we do not get involved in what is going on under the hood nor attempt to control the minutia of the inner works. Think of it as Macro Management instead of Micromanagement. A good Macro Manager leaves his well trained and competent staff to take care of their duties with a guiding hand for the overall picture when needed, too much micro management and no one is happy.

Ida, Sushumna, Pingali Chakras Nadis this is all under the hood stuff. It is called under the hood stuff because it is allot like driving a car you really do not need to be focusing on what a piston or valve is doing, if it is doing the engine is running.

Besides that unless you are a Mechanic or Automotive engineer what business do you have poking around under the hood anyway? it is very easy to disrupt the runnings of the engine, so it is here also.

So the practices of AYP are geared towards letting the Neurobiology take care of itself after all the heart beats without our telling it to every second of the day and the night.

Will stop here there is allot for you to learn about AYP and Yogani does a lot better job of explaining it than I can.

Glad to read you are considering AYP Plus, please believe me when I say that it is possible to learn from this public site but the speed with which you can learn is much faster on the Plus Site.

The Plus site is the distillment of all that has been learned by running this public site and sharing this knowledge for 10 years. When and if you read the books published by Yogani or read and listen to them as part of the AYP Plus membership it will soon be discovered the AYP Plus site is the answer to the questions of the early days of AYP.

Can this information be effectivly given in this medium of books and internet Forums?

I think the answer is a resounding yes

From these past ten years, they meaning Yogani and I guess senior practitioners have learned how to get this knowledge across in the most efficient and clear way possible linking everything in such a way that the vast amount of information can be found and give you those AH HA insights so much faster.

Best wishes LUX sorry to sound so strong about the AYP Plus site but it really is just that good.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 21 2015 2:45:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  5:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lux,

What sources did you use for Tibetan yoga of sleep and dreams? I got a book a long time ago, just never got around to reading it. "The Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep" By Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

Currently I am moving nicely and slowly forward with my AYP and I feel great. In the mean time while that purification will take time. I would like to learn to lucid dream and astral travel. This would be separate from my AYP, to keep on track so I could have some fun along the way.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  07:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lux
Welcome to AYP!

quote:
Originally posted by Lux
As for my experience, I am not sure if it was the kundalini raising all the way to sahasrara. It could be.

What you are describing is an energy experience, which is likely to be one of many as you continue with your spiritual practices.

As far as I can tell based on my experience, that model of kundalini raising through the chakras up into the Sahasrara is an over-simplification. Even after conductivity is established between the root and the head, there is a lot of cleansing of the system still going on, resulting in variety of energy experiences. It is a very gradual process and the stages are not clear cut.

Reading through the AYP lessons will answer many of your questions. You will find information about stages and milestones of enlightenment.

Even after you've cleansed all the chakras and energy channels, more time is required for the silence/witness and the energy to merge (although that process can and does begin well before the cleansing process if completed). Even if your kundalini reached sahasrara, there is still a way to go and a lot of practice still to be done.

Happy practice and steady progress!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 22 2015 07:43:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  07:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Even after you've cleansed all the chakras and energy channels, more time is required for the silence/witness and the energy to merge (although that process can and does begin well before the cleansing process if completed). Even if you kundalini reached sahasrara, there is still a way to go and a lot of practice still to be done.

Very, Very true.
Go to Top of Page

Lux

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  08:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning everyone !

quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Hi Lux,

What sources did you use for Tibetan yoga of sleep and dreams? I got a book a long time ago, just never got around to reading it. "The Tibetan yogas of dream and sleep" By Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

That is precisely the same book I have used. It is a great book. That author is very experienced. I am definitely going to reread it.The exercises contained in that book are excelent. You will find that it basically cuts down to: 1 - Keeping your awareness during the whole day, telling yourself that you are dreaming /our daily life is a dream and seeing yourself as a witness (that way, when you are dreaming, you will tell yourself that you are dreaming and realize it, being then, able to control your dream / do whatever), during the WHOLE day. 2 - Keeping a Dream journal. After waking up every day, immediately grab that journal and start writing as much as possible and as detailed as possible about the dream or dreams you had. You will realize how easier it is to recall dreams with that method. 3 - When you realize you are dreaming you may become euforic or startled. Do not panic or it will make you wake up / return to your body. Keep calm at all times and if something goes wrong, try to look and feel your hands ! Just look at them in the dream. That will keep you in the dream. You will immediately feel as if your body was being sucked against the matress. It is normal and a good sign that you will remain lucid /remain in your dream / astral travelling. 4 - Check things around. If you wake up lucid in your own room, for instance, verify things around. This way you will realize you are dreaming. ex: Check your shelf: Are your books the way you left them ? The answer will be most likely not. Then youll realize you are dreaming and start having fun.
5 - Vibration/Vibratory experience/Vibrational state: You will feel your astral body vibrating. That is normal and expected. Do not panick. That is a good sign.
6 - You will most likely hear loud buzzing of bees. Normal as well and expected. Just go with it.

The book offcourse has a lot more of info. But those are the methods / experiences I had and it worked awesomely for me.
I stopped it because lucid dreaming / astral travelling can be extremely tiresome the day after on a daily basis.You will realize it after you manage to control it. Since I wake up really early everyday I cant do it right now. Also, you have to keep the awareness as much as possible, as well as writing on the journal..etc, which is tiring.
They use that kind of yoga to keep awareness at all times and it is a practice used specially for the bardo thodol.. the transition world, the after life. So as you wont be lost and can then "merge" with the infinite white light. Or so is said.
===========================================================

Blue Raincoat,

Thank you for your comment on what I said and for everything else you said! Thats what I had figured it was after reading more about it!
Im reading through the lessons already. Am going to start practicing it as soon as I get to it.

So-Hi,

I can't agree more with everything you said ! And thanks again for all the tips and opinion.Both are much needed and appreciated. I completely understand your point of view. Since you are a veteran around, I know you are meaning to help, which I appreciate very much and will do as you said after finishing with the lessons available. Cant hardly wait to do so.

kumar,
==============================================================

As for yesterday, right before going to bed I had this burning sensation on my manipura level, or close to it. It was very strong, as if something was moving in circles, with a snake movement (kinda like the infinity sign /8 movement) or something in a specific area. Not a very big area though. It was burning, like i could feel the heat, but also like itching in the inside, while it was moving. It lasted quite some time.
For a while I thought it could be on the chakra but after some time I just had this feeling it was actually on the knot/ vishnu granthi located close by. Could that be it or just regular energy flowing ?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to disappoint but I am not a Veteran of AYP, true it has been known to me since 2005 but until recent my practices came from the Kriya traditions.

There are similarities, so maybe a leg up from that.

It took a long time to come around to Yogani's teachings went through allot of years with different Kriya teachers obtaining higher initiations etc...

In the end wound up here and only in retrospect realize just how correct and complete the practices of AYP are. Every time I think I have something figured out Yogani pops up and it is realized he did figure this out and allot more completely than anyone else.

The reason so much has been written to you is because you remind me of myself years ago, so it is really rather selfish telling you everything that is wished for my earlier self.
Go to Top of Page

Lux

Brazil
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  12:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loooool !
I can't thank you enough. I just find how amazing it is that these things keep happening to me..
It's like I will always get just what I need and when I need it.
Ive certainly been always open to those though.
So you abandomned all your previous kriya routines and meditation routines ?
Mine was: Talabya Kria + Maha Mudra + Navi Kriya + Kriya Pranayama + Mental Pranayama (morning) and in the night I would add Yoni Mudra to the ones before.

Was yours any similar to mine ? What did you get out of it ?

I didnt go through mine for a long time but I managed to listen to Astral Sounds (Bees) and Experience a lot of kundalini burning on my back. I also found that Astral travelling was a lot easier, as well as feeling the vibrational / vibratory state right before leaving my body, which could be a bit scary sometimes.

The reason why I first went to kriya was because of the whole burning past karma while doing it (while "hitting" the chakras as well as the pranayama involved), also it was said your spirituality advanced like crazy while doing so.

That said, Paramahansa Yogananda pushed me towards it per say, after I read Autobiography of a Yogi..

Did sign for a well known organization lessons.. never took the first kriya ban initiation as I was very much into...self teaching through different sources (internet + books ).. heheheh

May I ask you what is your meditation / ayp routine nowadays ?

Im very much intrigued.

Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Lux

Sweet I will go and read that book. Thanks for the advice.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  3:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lux, I learned from several different teachers over the decades. By the time AYP launched I was already pretty much heavily invested in Kriya and unwilling to change. Still something about AYP kept me coming back.

What you describe is closest to what Shibendu Lahiri, Ashoke Chatterjee, and Ashok Singh of California teach. The sequence is off but close enough.

If you go here it will give you a good idea of what is practiced now.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1

What I got out of Kriya was quite a bit trying to convey it in writing probably would come out all wrong.

It was not until taking up AYP practices that I found satisfaction.

Changed to be more to the point.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 22 2015 4:51:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  4:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000