New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello !

I have been practicing since January and I would like information shall you have time for this.

Someone in the taoist tradition told me I had opened the first 5 chackras to distinct levels and the question is, even though we are all different and the path is never ending, is it a sign of good progress considering I have been practicing for 6 months and a half ?

Since 2/3 weeks, I can also feel distinctly the energy in the heart like I feel the buzz effect in the 2nd chakra. This is a really weird sensation !
By the way, this is not located at the place where the 4th chakra should be on drawings but really in the heart to me.

I can feel the energy moving where I want (following my attention) when I do MCO (Microcosmic Orbit) just before pranayama for a few cycles.

I also hear my heart pulsing loudly (like the hearbeat sounds while doing an echography) when I am stretching my neck before the practices.
Prana sometimes fills partly my skull's skin or stops at the chest.

I know some are kind of born yogis but I just want to know where some of you were after 6 months

P.S.: And finally, I can levitate at will and can change into light (just kidding ).

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  10:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you believe this person?

Your experience sounds good.

Practice wisely and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2015 :  06:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Apkallu,

Other's experience is less important an indication of progress than your experience, and it sounds as if your practice is bearing fruit. Steady as she goes! Keep up the good yoga
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2015 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Within in the first 6 months for me there were so many openings it is a wonder I did not derail my entire life. It took close to 3 years to stabilize.

The only thing that prevented me from wrecking my life in those 3 years in retrospect was having sufficient inner stillness and witness awareness from birth even though ignorant of what to call it.

Perhaps gifts from a previous incarnation, or just many lives lived and aquired by living who can say?

It is nice to read you are enjoying exploring your energetic components.

Be sure to cultivate inner silence, stillness this will take you to the next stage there are many and it is different and unique how it unfolds for everyone but there is a general outline for all.

AYP Spinal Breathing

AYP Deep Meditation

These two practices will help with the rise of the witness and development beyond.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  02:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Apkallu,

And how's the daily life?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2015 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Apkallu,

It looks like things are going really, really well.

The buzz in 2 is a very good sign As is the heart waking up. Just keep doing what you are doing and if you worry about anything just let us know.

Also, I hope your daily life is improving as much as your internal progress. That is the real test of progress after all.

Take care,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2015 :  10:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your returns

Well, the daily life is OK now while it was not before.
I don't care anymore that much of all the bullsh*t happening at my work, in the world, etc.

Just trying to change things first from the inside to "radiate" outwards.
"Be a light in the world" someone said long ago. I better understand right now.

Thus, more hapiness I would say but as everything changes smoothly, it's hard to tell.

Although I have to admit I long for huge and quick changes but nevertheless did not change anything in my practices in the last four months to stabilize the whole thing.
Go to Top of Page

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  11:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akpallu,

I have been practicing for about 9 months now and I can say that your energy experiences are more than I have been experiencing. So you are making great progress, hopefully everything continues smoothly.
Do you mind sharing what kind of practices you are using at the moment and at which order you added them?

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2015 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ace,

Sorry for the delay

Since January then:

The first 2 months : only DM for 20 minutes

Then, I added Pranayama for 10 minutes and Samyama (could not repeat the 9 sutras for less than 20 minutes, which is almost still the case...)
Prana showed up at this time.
Added Mulabandha a few weeks after

Then on July, I started Yogani's Asanas once a day plus MCO to reduce pressure in the head when needed.

Now struggling with Sambhavi Mudra since 3 weeks
Also introduced Earthing and Amaroli (3 times a day: half a glass + massages once a week) at the same time.

Now my head is twisting weirdly like attempting to break my neck (while doing Pranayama)!
Then, it is waving like a snake during DM.
Things are still craking/making noise around me when practicing but my wife says it is in my head
Tons of other "symptoms" ever changing

Finally, physical exercises 5 times a week !

So twice daily.
Takes time

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  05:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Abkallu
Do be careful. From that last post, it sounds like you are taking on too much too fast. The good news is that it's definitely not in your head.

Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  08:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

I do reduce my practice or stop it when things are no more tenable (very unpleasant restless legs most of the time).
I have thus recently reduced Pranayama to 5 and Samyama to 10 even though the 9 sutras are not finished (Insight Timer helps a lot when the sense of time is lost)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  09:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After one year of practicing SBP, I still feel like a newbie even though being a little bit calmer/in control.

Moreover, the orgasmic sensation I then felt when doing DM did not recur one time since a full year!

I am just wondering if it is normal not experiencing anymore this overwhelming sensation but only a regular, light, pleasurable well-being when practicing.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  5:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Moreover, the orgasmic sensation I then felt when doing DM did not recur one time since a full year!

These sensations have come and gone a few times in my 2.5 years of DM. They are an interesting distraction for sure, and every time they disappear I am on notice to review my attachments and keep on keeping on.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  06:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well obviously, we shall not look for them but I do think they are pretty good indicators that we make good progress.

The first and only time for me was when prana expanded for the first time.
I was expecting further huge steps to trigger such "distractions" once again along the path ...
But as nothing this kind of amplitude happened over a full year, I am just wondering if I am really doing huge progress.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  07:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu

You're doing wonderfully well. That "regular, light, pleasurable well-being" sensations is an excellent sign. If it carries on in daily life, that's perfect. You're making progress, you've got the balance. Keep up the good practice.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  08:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like excellent progress to me.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  07:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

I have added Solar centering into my DM since 2 months.
I feel the importance of concentration on the solar plexus to achieve results. Difficult to stay focused for more than a few seconds.
By the way, huge flows of energy in the throat too (like a palpable flowing), almost as if someone was pressuring on it.

Added the Alexander technique into my positioning which definitely helps to improve the conductivity but I do not experience anymore out of control head movings or very slight ones on some occasions like a lazy snake would do.

Finally, and this is the aim of this post, I also added Siddhasana one week ago (with the heel or rolled socks) and I was expecting to experience huge energetic moves and maybe the necessity to step back... BUT I only experienced little "changes" in the bottom and nothing else relevant apart from that.

Quite disappointing , isn't it ?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  10:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It feels disappointing if you're expecting short term effects from practices. That is not the best approach - best to do your practices and enjoy the long term effects in daily life.

It sounds like you're going very well.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  12:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted to ride, man :)
But obviously, this is a good sign !
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2016 :  2:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I added Siddhasana to SBP and it is subtly better, in that my back now straightens more on its own accord, with easier prana circulation. I can't perceive any effect from perineal stimulation itself.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guys,

I have been up and down those last few months and it was difficult to observe the twice a day (long) practices the way I did before... and when I did, they were shorter than before...
Nevertheless, I've strained to do at least one practice a day (but missed some).

Just to say that I do not feel that much when doing the first mantra "AYAM" and I am wondering it is time to use the second one "SHREE SHREE I AM I AM" to dig into other levels.
Do not know if this lack of feelings is due to I being now used to I AM after 19 months or if I regressed lately (even though I think my recent pains, now far away, were responsible for a great purification).
The same way, I do not feel prana like before (no more friction and freezing sensations but just energy).

Any advice ?

Forgot to say that for weeks, I have been doing incredible nightmares then only very real and almost never ending dreams.
Somehow weird and exhausting sometimes...

I have also been trained to "Applied Bio Mechanics" and I can tell you it rocks and moved things within, physically and spiritually.
I am sure it helped in stopping my nightmares and I feel my yoga made progress just with that, let alone my backbone issues...

Bye

Edited by - Apkallu on Jul 27 2016 08:02:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  2:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If things are stable, I say sure, investigate a mantra enhancement. As you purify you should feel prana less, much like your automatic yoga went away. It's all good; with dedicated practice you are assured progress is being made.

The little I read about bio mechanics in your thread sounds like a good way to stay on top of your body alignment and open blocked nadis.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  04:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy,

Tried yesterday evening and a little this morning in the train.
It moves things deeply
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  09:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday evening, I tried yoni mudra for the first time.
3 times.
It was like staring at the sun.
But nothing more.
No overloading.

Wonder if it is just a physical effect by pressing the eyes.
Go to Top of Page

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2016 :  5:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Apkallu

Yesterday evening, I tried yoni mudra for the first time.
3 times.
It was like staring at the sun.
But nothing more.
No overloading.

Wonder if it is just a physical effect by pressing the eyes.

I've been doing this one for about a week now. For me, the light continues to stay with me after removing the fingers. Also get a bit of sensation at the third eye that stays for a couple of hours after practices. Definitely a boost in the feel good energy with no overload symptoms . I'll be keeping with this one for a while.

Edited by - lateralus on Sep 22 2016 5:20:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000