AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 Longing for my lover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  04:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've written a small poem in arabic on this subject last saturday... Too bad i can't exactly translate it because the melody would be lost... It came as a sudden realization.

I was sitting in the garden with my mom... Remembering my childhood love at the village where we spend the most of our summers... And i told myself, oh! If only i would've remembered and repeated the name of God as much as i remembered and mentioned the name of my lover... I would've became a saint... Suddenly it dawned, a gentle sound within silence... Don't worry, nothing has been in vain... For u were only the branch longing for it's origin... U r the desirer and the desired. Allah

It was grace pure and simple that gave me this understanding. My lover isn't different from anyone... No one is... All is the true beloved. Let go of the mask

All is Brahman. The world is illusion. The world is Brahman

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  3:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please give us melody of your poem
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  8:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, all poems in their original language tend to have a melody or a sense of mystique of their own... And many times this is usually lost in translation... Especially when u translate from arabic into english...
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2015 :  2:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do consider putting it up on utube then even if only temporarily wither your voice is good or not the heart will come through.

I do not speak German nor understand it but when I hear German music the spirit speaks to spirit.

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Dear, all poems in their original language tend to have a melody or a sense of mystique of their own... And many times this is usually lost in translation... Especially when u translate from arabic into english...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000