Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Twitching and jumping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  3:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
during deep meditation I have been having a lot of twitching and jumping the deeper i go the more frequent they appear a bit like an eclectic shock but no pain sometimes enough to lift me slightly anybody else had these ,will they subside or will I eventually see my neighbour from upstairs through the ceiling.thankyou in advance for your advice ect

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  4:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I have never touched the ceiling Kumar it comes and goes here, the places in the body vary. I do not resist against it, let it happen and then it will stop, if it is in the solar area I do notice after this a changing of the breath. I call it the infinite breath the breathless state. Do you recognize this? I see it as energy movements.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 03 2015 4:49:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  4:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
These movements are kriyas caused by the energy moving through blockages. Think of a hosepipe if you stand on it and it wiggles all over the garden. This is very common if Kundalini is awake.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  6:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I automatic yoga! It tells me my surrender is sufficient!

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 03 2015 6:44:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  11:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The general rule of thumb is to back off (reduce meditation time) if the jolts get too overwhelming, especially in regards to their after-effects. If you feel OK and qualitatively better after the session, then carry on. If there is residual friction, tone it down a little.

Also, hand mudras can be helpful in either a) closing the circuit or b) opening the circuit. For me, I have my right hand with palm down, thumb and forefinger touching, and the left hand with palm up (thumb and forefinger sometimes touch, sometimes don't). That way, there is both an open and closed circuit. Some people interlace both hands and fingers, or set one hand on top of the other with both palms up and thumbs touching (cosmic mudra). You could also do both palms down on legs or knees.

Obviously, there are a variety of hand mudras, but I mention them just as options to contemplate for helping smooth out the flow. Not sure if that will be a turning point on the issue, but I figured it was worth mentioning. The inner guru will guide you.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  06:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou i use the siddhasana seating positon one foot under the other resting on the floor not perfect but comfortable i rest hands in the lap interlaced i tried on the knees with a mudra forefinger to thumb turned up or down but was little distracting and kept falling off when the DM got deep i will try another hand mudra for sure bodhi ,its definitely automatic dogboy thankyou,the hosepipe really bring it home thankyou riptiz and charlie yes for sure this state before the movement is possible breathless but i only realize when the jolt happens true blessing to you all this family really is wonderful
Go to Top of Page

Tempest

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  11:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get muscle twitching too. I believe my kundlini is awake and these are kriyas, the shati is moving through blockages
Go to Top of Page

RamSeva

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2015 :  5:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been notoriously twichy in my sleep to my lovers, esp. in the my pot smoking days.
A reike master once explained to me that they are just energetic knots that are being released, as I experienced it in our sessions as well.
Happens to me to this day, along with this weird automatic snake like head movment on the up current of spinal breathing. These days it ussually subsides as I go deeper but there was a long time (which included uncontrollable sleep like black-outs) that these were persistant always.
Also I was recently went on and got off of a medication that made the twitches and jerks very bad. One night in bed I almost punched my dog in the face. Luckily I missed and hit the wall instead because it was hard. Also a few times I fell alseep with a book in my hand and ended up throwing it across the room. Once I got off the medication i went back to my normal amount of twitchiness though, haha.
Powerthrough! I know they can be frustrating but it helped a lot when the reiki master gave me that piece of wisdom b/c now it just feels like a reinforcement of the work that is being done metaphysically.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2016 :  7:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Felt twitching in my left hip for about a week in July. Thankfully, it went away.
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  9:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, love automatic yoga, but I think I have to suggest a mundane explanation as well.

I sometimes have twitching and jumping during DM and pranayama. It nearly always subsides when I put a blanket over my lap! I think I get just a little bit cold, and the twitching is actually shivering.

But Ido have automatic yoga: bending forward in the groins, finding myself in jalandhra bandha, erecting the back, pressing the thighs down harder when sitting in siddhasana, and others. These are usually accompanied by some exctatic energy in my body.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000