Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Bindu chakra opening? Amrita?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BodhiTreeHugger

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  03:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, Kundalini awakened for me 10 months ago. I have noticed that there is a major numbness and density at the back of the head and have been feeling into it with my awareness. Intuition guides me to keep feeling into this area and relieve the tension and numbness. Research tells me this could be the Bindu chakra wanting to open and needing my help with awareness practice. I want to make sure I do it properly as I have heard there is some great possibility of getting benefit and/or totally messing myself up with this practice. Please advise!

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  07:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello BohdiTreeHugger, welcome!

It would be helpful to outline your current yoga practices and how much time daily you devote to practice, so that forum members can best advise you.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 29 2015 07:38:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

BodhiTreeHugger

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  09:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My practice:

Yoga
Qi Gong
Shamata / Vipassana / Shikantaza - 1hr morning, 1hr evening

Constantly contemplating Anatta / Sunyata / Non-Duality / Dependent Origination.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BodhiTreeHugger

I'm not an expert in Qi Gong or Buddhist meditation, but as far as I understand, Bindu is very close to the crown area. So yes, I'd be very careful about it. In AYP, working through the third eye is considered the safe approach. That way we can stay in control of the opening process.

Best wishes on your path.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  7:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTH: you mentioned "yoga, vipassana" but not deep meditation, so I am assuming you don't have that practice. Delving into Inner Silence compliments activated kundalini, balances each other as the unfolding process occurs. AYP has a safe, time- and experience-tested meditation if you are interested in starting one.

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 03 2015 7:06:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000