Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 New here but not new to AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, introductions.

For many years I have been aware of AYP visiting often today I signed up. Kriya Yoga practitioner mostly. Now AYP devoted. So many similarities yet i am deep meditation turned out to be the missing key, many thanks to you Yogani or should I call you Mr. Wilder?

The Wilder book was what was needed to break my heart and has made AYP make sense.

I am wondering for those of you who have become memebers of the new paid for site has it been worth it? Also I have concerns over privacy as to sign up you are asked for your name.

Do you have to give your address also?

Considering paying to join answers welcome, Thank you all. Namaste

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  9:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All the personal information is kept totally confidential. Nothing to worry about there.

I am certainly enjoying AYP Plus and find it well worth the measly fee. There is much more depth and opportunity to look at practices with a fine-tooth comb.

Also, I resonate with your sentiments regarding The Secrets of Wilder. I found that book at the exact right time in my life, and I haven't looked back since.

Best wishes on your journey.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bodhi Tree it is agreed the fee is very, very little, miniscule in fact. In order to support this site and the ongoing benifit to humanity at large almost all of the books have been purchased. Only now are some of them being read. With New Eyes and appreciation for Yogani.

Concerning The Secrets of Wilder for a long time the book was known to exist but there was a reluctance to purchase it, as there had already been too much influence from other sources and wishing to remain independent of further conditioning and contamination it was avoided.

Then as you say at the exact right time it came that it should be read.

While it is acknowledged to be a work of fiction and could even be seen as a marketing incintive for AYP it turns out that even though it may indeed serve those functions that there were way too many things shared in that book, that only a person knowing them first hand would ever be able to write about in the way they were written.

It is certain to many the book is pure fiction and would have been so to me also except that many of the things reported were identical to what had been known by doing, so validity and credability are now afforded to Yogani.

Mostly though it was getting tapped with i am while reading of it happening to John Wilder.

When the character John Wilder was tapped by the old woman character Christie if memory serves, there was an amazing tap and expansion in this body at the heart as radiant ecstatic conductivity expanded throughout and from that moment it was known that the book was something special and in many ways the true heart and soul of AYP. Then the rest of the book continued to both astound and align with this life and confirmed Yogani as one who has walked the same road.

Somehow I think that if people miss reading this book and only visit this site they may not truly be able to appreciate the entire motion of AYP practices and life lived with / in them.

Speaking for myself AYP seemed to be trying to be too generic and not step on anyones toes and somehow it got reduced "in this mind" to a site where people were having problems with the practices and key phrases were vomited out with dogmatic regularity to solve every case self pacing, ignoring scenery, overloading and in this mind the site participants were overly dogmatic with the AYP system, with allot of people agreeing that they agree.

This was the point of view before reading The Secrets of Wilder. After reading the Secrets of Wilder the Warmth and Humanity of this site is now visible. Will you see you all soon over at the AYP Plus Site, this work deserves to go on. Thank you so very much Yogani and everyone who has kept this work going over the years with Divine Love and Deep Appreciation.

Here is what is now understood:

1."Self Pacing". Meaning take it slow and start with deep Meditation maybe for only 5 minutes at first, maybe only once per day at first find the temperature that is right for you, so you dont over boil.
Add Practices one at a time with minimal duration and pay attention how you are throughout the day, things I was taught in the past were too many, too much and it lead to becoming a jerk and Overloading. Probably still a jerk

1.A. Pranayama without Deep Meditation is a receipe for disaster tilled and cultivated soil filled with weeds horrible, terrible weeds too inumerable to count, still pulling these weeds daily. i am

1.B. Wrong Mantra combined with Pranayama = hitting the gas and the breaks at the same time.

1.C. OM is not a good Mantra to begin with. Many traditions do but they usually have there origin in the traditional living with the Guru and working with the Guru in person in this world few of us ever have or will so "i am' is much better to start with from doing it is known one does not grow from immature state with OM if it is to early for OM practicing OM does not make you grow into it. OM is too internal and renunciate in its effect.

2."Overload" a condition which comes while learning how to Self Pace and or failure to do so as well as pushing to hard too fast or with methods that one has yet to grow into and the purification is too much all at once. Yard by Yard practice is hard inch by inch it is a cinch.

3." Easily Favoring " is a big key it is the key to all practices for example one does not ignore the scenery one just allows the inner or outer scenery to be what it is what ever it may be even the barking dog outside, it is all a part of the whole and letting it be what it is easily favoring the practice. One does this by easily favoring the practice weither it is Spinal Breathing or Deep Meditation.

3.A. Easily Favoring the practice in the face of Ecstatic Condutivity and Kundalini Flow is easy to do when one realizes that favoring the bliss the beauty and the ecstasy leads to it stopping The stillness one reaches from favoring the practice is the source find the source by favoring the practice. EASILY FAVORING the practice is seeking the kingdom of God and all things are added unto you including the Ecstatic Conductivity and Stillness.

3B. Easily Favoring the Practice is what makes the Practice dooable and generates the desire to do so every day. Easily Favoring makes 20 Minutes of Deep Meditation fly by. Forcing it makes 5 minutes a drudgery.

3C. Easily Favoring the practice and going too far will cause overload so be sure of the time you have set for Spinal Breathing and Deep Meditation afterward and keep your contract not to go past your alloted time and it will become the thing that makes your desire or Bakti grow. WITH SELF PACING.

There is more but this is what is not only known but felt, experienced and now is more than belief it is fact verified.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  12:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome SoHi,

I too support via AYP Plus, with the wonder of a child on Christmas morning, which gift there to open first? I have just started The Secrets of Wilder; from your recommendation, it appears I've chosen wisely

Your understanding of the tenants of AYP is solid, and you should progress nicely if you adhere to them. I am coming up on two years of DM practice, amazed and humbled by the blessed changes in my life from constructing my spiritual vessal. Love literally spills forth now that I am aware of the balance of kundalini with inner silence and the importance of maintaining that equilibrium to foster our greater good. Every sit becomes a passion play between Self and the Divine. It is an ember that glows in my Solar Center and passes through my heart; all I have to do is pass easy breath over it and witness the flow

New voices and testimonies are always welcome here!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent observations and insights. Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  11:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum, So-Hi! Thank you for sharing your observations - right on the mark.

I agree with Bodhi and Dogboy: AYP Plus is wonderful, it has many new lessons and other resources to support the practice. The fee is minimal, and provides financial means to keep the websites alive. I think it makes sense to put the money where the heart is. You could try it for a while, and decide then if you want to continue to subscribe to Plus.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for a warm welcome and peer review confirmation.

Signed up yesterday for the plus site and have already enjoyed listening to some of the audio files.

If it were offered to pay for an annual membership of $120.00 I would have done so. Maybe something to consider?
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  2:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, So-Hi.

I read your first post and found them interesting.

May I ask you why you decided to join the forum now, "only" after a long time of AYP (or other) practices?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  5:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ecdyonurus for the welcome. In answer to your question after reading the Book the Secrets of Wilder the blasts of love and ecstatic conductivity that were wiping me out while reading and after as I recognized so much of my own life in someone elses narrivtive and Practicing i am or DM Deep Meditation something changed in me and I want to participate if I can in helping others receive as I have.

A close relative that spent an entire day next to me driving, was astonished by my patience in extremly heavy highway and city traffic, so much so that they asked how I was so calm while it was happening. I repleid I had discovered something truly wonderful recently that dwarfed all my other searches, results and teachers I had learned from and the funny thing was I had ignored it since 1996 or 1997.

She told me she felt something wonderful radiating from me and was getting bliss, I explained i am and encouraged her to take up the practice. Unfortunatly she has mistakenly come to believe I am the catalyst even when told you can do for yourself just by doing.

The other forms of practice are as they are, in fact they are not too terribly different from AYP but tend to try to work under the hood while driving, Automatic transmissions work just fine. This AYP process of purification is better suited for this temperment. :)
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  03:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome So-Hi,

I missed your post, thank you for sharing! I am a member of this forum since november. Found AYP shortly before that. My practice is traditional tantra. I did teacher training in that tradition after and during years of very inspiring lessons from my favorite yogateacher. The learning will never stop, yoga became my life. Still there were many questions about experiences. One day I found AYP after asking a question about pranayama on google.
That has to be, no doubt. Yogani has answered so many of my questions.
For me it is good that I found AYP after many years of yoga, because otherwise I know I was running to fast. In me is a very strong Bhakti.

AYP explained and confirmed so many of my explored experiences.
My English is not on the level I can express myself as I would like to but then again that is also a nice practice for me to do.
Yoga changed my life in many ways, I can say that I found my Ishta in Yoga. Hope to meet your here from time to time!

Namasté

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 23 2015 06:07:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  09:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello your friendship is felt and recieved with a welcome and loving heart in return bless you my dear one where these words come from I do not know but there are tears of love in my eyes for you at this moment.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  05:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Hello your friendship is felt and recieved with a welcome and loving heart in return bless you my dear one where these words come from I do not know but there are tears of love in my eyes for you at this moment.

Namaste.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000