Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Shri Anandi Ma (her Guru was Shri Dhyanyogi)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 26 2015 :  1:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If there are any present (or past) students of Anandi Ma, I would be interested to know your sense of this Guru.
In particular, it is said that Realization is the goal of this path.
But I wonder if the God-Realization and God Consciousness they refer to is the same as the Self-Realization that Advaita/Ramana talk about?
Also, while it might be stated as the goal of the path, I see very little discussion on the subject.
I see a lot about shaktipat, anushtan, mantra, bhajan, holy days, homas, astrology, ayurveda, seva, meditation, Guru blessings, prayers, pilgrimage, samadhis, etc.
But very little about the stated goal of Realization.
I wonder if their definition is the same as Advaita?
And I wonder if this Guru doesn't focus on and talk about it because she is not established in this state?
Any insights, info, background, experience, would be helpful.

Thank-you.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  4:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I am a disciple of DhyanyogiOmdasji and visited his ashram about 8 times out of the last 10 yrs.
I am also aware of Anandi Ma as my teacher was one of her peers from 12yrs old when they were disciples of Dadaguru DhyanyogiMadhusudandasji.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

L. Zavier

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  04:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit L. Zavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello AA,

i'm a student and teacher who received shaktipat from Shri Anandi Ma. here's my take on the whole thing:

i guess the short answer to your question is YES, the realization she's talking about is the same realization you've become familiar with elsewhere. i'm not sure what you were expecting to see on the website, but it looks pretty straightforward to me.

after you receive shaktipat, you are instructed on meditation and given two mantra practices to do at home. you're also given a special cd to "amplify" your meditation practice.

the events at the center are really about bonding with the sangha and about establishing a stronger relationship with Ma and Dileepji. just being in her presence or attending events with lots of other members who have also received shaktipat has a positive impact on your own development. the rituals & celebrations are really just ways to involve more of yourself in the process of spiritual evolution. to participate out of love for the Guru benefits your development. to participate in order to cultivate a love that's not yet there, also benefits your development. to enjoy music in which the names of GOD are being sung and celebrated benefits your development and maybe even inspires you to abandon mainstream music in favor of bhajans, which can turn even a drive to the store into a a spiritually nurturing event. otherwise, you can stay home and just grind out by yourself, spend all of your time meditating, doing japa, and offering sincere prayers of love & gratitude to the Guru. that works, too. i'm not a very social person, but i often enjoy streaming some of the events online.

the more events and activities in your life that turn your mind & heart towards the Guru Marga, the better.

Guru yoga is very simple. there's not a whole lot to it, which is why so many people in the west tend to fail at it. they have a very hard time relaxing into the simplicity and trusting it. the only difficulty in terms of performance is staying consistent and vigilant.

at its core, the essence of Guru Yoga is mostly about faith & surrender. most people don't seem to trust that. they treat shaktipat like it's just an arbitrary energy boost to enhance whatever techniques they decide to play with at any given time. shaktipat is the beginning of what should be a life-long relationship between you and the Guru, and in the end, the realized state of the Guru becomes you.

you should pick up the book, This House Is On Fire, by Shri Anandi Ma. just reading the book itself might awaken your kundalini. it happened to me. but read it and then decide if you wish to become a part of the lineage.

also, Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas wrote a book called Shakti which you might like more because it has a Q & A section in the book.

hope that helps. take care.
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  12:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shiva Om#128156;

My feeling is that ma Ananda mayi had no need for a Guru.

Shanti#128156;
Go to Top of Page

L. Zavier

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  03:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit L. Zavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by thibaud05

Shiva Om#128156;

My feeling is that ma Ananda mayi had no need for a Guru.

Shanti#128156;

i'm not sure we're talking about the same master. there's no "mayi" in Ma's name. Shri Ma Anandamayi is a completely different saint from Shri Anandi Ma. Anandamayi Ma left her body back in 1982; Anandi Ma still lives today.

Dhyanyogiji himself said that he initiated her so that she might receive and transmit his specific lineage, but that she didn't need shaktipat to awaken her Kundalini. Ma herself says that she DID need Dhyanyogiji's love & guidance as he trained her from 14 years of age because of her gift.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  07:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read This House Is on Fire, and found it inspirational. The book is actually written by a number of disciples, but the introduction is written by Anandi Ma, and you can feel the extraordinary state she is in. I would love to meet her.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  3:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I have been to dadaguru's Mahasamadhi many times and when in India we sit and do our Anustan in front of him. The energy is wonderful.I agree 'This House is on Fire' is inspirational and I have been blessed to have had interaction with Dadayogi during meditation.
Sitaram
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000