Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Seattle Teachers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  1:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've read a number of times "when the student is ready, the teacher appears" so I"m a little reluctant to write this but "WHERE ARE YOU TEACHER???" I'm in Seattle and would like a real live human being to learn from. I've been to a number of different meditation groups and have not found a "fit" - which means like AYP which suites me very very well. I've also heard from the AYP person in the Northwest US that there aren't really very many of us in the Northwest. Please tell me that is not the case and that one of you lovely and generous people can point me in a direction to keep looking....

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  05:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Beehive

quote:
Originally posted by Beehive
I've read a number of times "when the student is ready, the teacher appears" so I'm a little reluctant to write this but "WHERE ARE YOU TEACHER???"

I was in exactly the same position for many years. Then I found AYP. That was the answer and, to me, a completely satisfying answer.

I understand you would like to find a teacher in the flesh. I wish you good luck finding him/her. They are rare. Even many of the advanced ones (assuming that I could travel long distances without time restrictions) wouldn't satisfy me these days. Yogani has set such a high standard.

What I'm trying to say is this: Don't wait. You have a method, outlined in all its details on this website. Do what you can with what you have. Time is precious. You can get support on this forum. You can get even more support on AYP Plus.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  11:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh BlueRaincoat, I can't thank you enough for responding. AYP has been an entirely satisfying answer for me as well and maybe I just needed to hear that. I've landed on this yoga path mostly alone and for the most part done it completely through reading so I guess I just want to physically be in the space of an AYP human And yes, I feel the same way about the high standard I feel from Yogani. I also feel that high standard of wisdom, love, welcoming is reflected in so many people who respond in the forums. So though I have felt a bit like a lurker, not really wanting to share too much on the beginning part of the path when so many are so far along the path, I guess I will just let that evolve too. Because really, the biggest thing I desire is conversation based on the AYP framework - not having to explain the foundation that I'm working from; so of course the forums will do that perfectly. Again, I really appreciate that you responded. By the way, I loved your post about Leonard Cohen,Blue Raincoat and Love itself. It sent me on an internet/Leonard Cohen binge for hours.....
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  1:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I guess I just want to physically be in the space of an AYP human

I think the best bet for you at the moment may be the Vancouver area. Carson Zi and Technoyogi are based there as I recall. There may be others I don't know about. I remember Technoyogi made an attempt to find other AYPers close to him. Perhaps you can ask him?

I spent a good few months lurking around the forum too, before I even registered. I guess it takes a while before one feels one can make a useful contribution to a discussion.

quote:
By the way, I loved your post about Leonard Cohen,Blue Raincoat and Love itself. It sent me on an internet/Leonard Cohen binge for hours.....

L Cohen is also a wise soul. You are in good company there, even though it's not specifically AYP
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Should have mentioned there is Seattle contact listed on this page:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9036

If you scroll down to United States, West, you will see a "Jenn - Bremerton/Seattle area, Washington state, USA - Planning contact for meditation group, training and retreats" There is an email address there as well.

Not sure how recent that info is, but it might be worth a try.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.... I did email that person. That is how I heard that there are few AYP people in our area. Only a matter of time and just this interchange has helped me.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  05:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Yes, there are so few of us practicing AYP.
I mean, considering the entire earth population.

All the people I have tried to put into this "do not have time".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000