Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Anushthan Sadhana Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sadhak77

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear AYP Community,

I have a specific question which I know few will have an answer.
But I will ask anyways.
I am drawn to do a 40-day Anushthan sadhana in India.
It has many guidelines and requires a qualified Guru to offer diksha/initiation and guidance in this.
Second to this is finding a sacred place that is conducive to this sadhana.
I am drawn to Gayatri, Mahamrityunjaya, and other mantras/deities.
But I am also open to the Guru suggesting based on our meeting.
I'm not interested in commercial Gurus who charge a lot of money.
If anyone can offer any suggestions of authentic Gurus who offer this diksha/guidance, I would be very grateful.
And if not specific Gurus, perhaps sacred places to seek out a suitable Guru (for example Rishikesh, Vrindavan, Varanasi, etc)

With Love

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  1:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadhak77 retreats, satsangs and church services are great but around here-(AYP) Yogani affirms lovingly that:

THE GURU IS IN YOU!
Go to Top of Page

sadhak77

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BillinL.A.:
The Guru is both outer and inner. There is no separation. The outer guides us gently inward and the inner pulls us into the Heart.
There are false outer Gurus and genuine ones. If people feel drawn to seek and engage with an outer Guru, they should do so with an open heart and also discrimination. Very few can rely only on the inner Guru, and it is very easy to mistake for the ego. When there is a sincere heart-felt desire to find a Guru, and a genuine connection is made, one could say that Self seeks out Self in order to rediscover Self. It may sound paradoxical or illogical, but it can be a beautiful dance. If this dance happens to be bypassed and awakening occurs without any outer Guru, than wonderful. But it is quite rare, and it is easy to fool ourselves and get stuck when obstacles arise - which they continue to do after awakening. There is no one way. But the Guru/shisya relationship should not be discarded outright - especially when it comes from a place of cynicism, heartbreak, fear of vulnerability, pride, etc.

Edited by - sadhak77 on Apr 09 2015 6:32:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read somewhere that there is no such a thing as a false guru. If the Devotee is true, all (any) Guru will be genuine.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  2:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I read somewhere that there is no such a thing as a false guru. If the Devotee is true, all (any) Guru will be genuine.

Sey

Sweet SeySorciere!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  06:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
There are conmen/women who claim to be gurus but we do not name them here as we are not looking for negative energies.Sadhak77 my guru is a genuine guru of the Kundalini maha yoga lineage who can gives shaktipat.When I go to the ashram we do a 10 day anustan after shaktipat. The energies on the ashram are wonderful, it is like being in another world.The fee is by donation to reside on the ashram and shaktipat.Lovely sattvic food.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

sadhak77

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
riptiz:
Thanks it sounds interesting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000