Enlightenment Milestones
 Milestones 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I like to occasionally just post an update on my experiences along the road. In 2012, I had an experience which left a permanent impact on me. There was an experience where I had the sense of being Awareness. I realized I’d always been this spacious, free, liberated expanse of consciousness. It was the most joyful time of my entire life, and lasted for several months. The peak eventually subsided, but it left a permanent insight that didn’t go away.

N.B. The nature of language is dualistic so when I say “I realized” it can be taken with a pinch of salt ;) It’s just sometimes easier to tie things into a personal narrative.

It’s now 2015, almost three years have passed. I’m still doing my practices every day, meditation and pranayama. AYP has been my bedrock routine, the one I always come back to, although there are times when I get overloaded and don’t seem to be able to do it for a while. One thing I can say is this: if I’m routinely doing my AYP, I’m a happier and better person.

For about the past year (2014), I felt a little bit lost. I had two girls I fell for pretty hard, one early in the year, one late in the year, and for one reason or other, it didn’t quite work out. I also experienced a declining spiritual motivation. I wanted to be more engaged in the world. This was a good thing in many ways, but I had a lot less spiritually joyful times, those which come with a sense of radiant purity and joy, although many great human experiences.

In 2015, I’ve been coming back to the radiance of awareness, and inner silence, and engaging more actively in practices. I feel like the expansive joyful radiance of awareness is starting to come into my emotional body, the weaker and darker sides of my human nature. There’s a small crack and some light is shining in. It’s a good thing.

Those most important insight I'm experiencing on a bodily-level recently is to move towards happiness and joy in the present, not my mind's ideas of what it wants that will bring happiness in the future conditional on it getting them. It seems that I have to learn this lesson over and over again, each time going a little deeper.

Love and best wishes,

J.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Apr 05 2015 3:45:02 PM

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  3:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  6:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
many happy returns for you
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  1:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing J.

quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson
happiness and joy in the present, not my mind's ideas of what it wants that will bring happiness in the future conditional on it getting them.

Well said. Yes, after trying both avenues, I am now convinced that is the only way I can be happy.
And yes, one needs to live in the world, with other people, to fully grow. It's wonderful how you carry the map and the compass inside - you seem to know exactly where you need to go.

All the best on your journey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  4:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for being candid, Josh. Your language always comes across as refreshingly honest.

Here's to happiness and joy in the present. Wishing you an abundance of inner sensuality.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  5:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mr. Anderson for sharing. Looks like we are at a similar point in the path. Good Luck!

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  5:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I think to add to what I was saying above, the basic theme I'm experiencing now is learning to fully engage with my humanity. When I started on the path, I so badly wanted to transcend all the messiness and difficulty of being human. I wanted to constantly be in states of bliss and joy and so forth. I did get that, had a powerful awakening experience which was joyous beyond belief, and revealed so much. We all need some bliss and joy in our lives (frequently is better), but often we don't want to let ourselves feel or experience any of the negative and unpleasant things.

I'm finding I'm opening inside to allow the whole of duality inside me, even the most unpleasant stuff. And to allow myself to experience it without any coping strategies, without calming my mind, or dropping the stories, or having any kind of method for meeting it or controlling it or processing it or whatever. Just to be completely human, as I am, the bad and the good, no desire for anything to be different. Of course the practices and inner stillness allow one's humanity to be engaged from a place of inner sanity, so the storms within don't do any lasting damage, and leave a radiant day behind them when they pass.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Apr 08 2015 5:15:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  5:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just what i needed mr anderson thankyou
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  02:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

also i hope that you will find the right girl for you
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  02:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you mr_anderson for your honesty .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  12:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your faith has made you whole.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  2:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice hearing from you Josh
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  8:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You continue to inspire me, Mr. A.

Very grateful
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  11:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I think to add to what I was saying above, the basic theme I'm experiencing now is learning to fully engage with my humanity. When I started on the path, I so badly wanted to transcend all the messiness and difficulty of being human. I wanted to constantly be in states of bliss and joy and so forth. I did get that, had a powerful awakening experience which was joyous beyond belief, and revealed so much. We all need some bliss and joy in our lives (frequently is better), but often we don't want to let ourselves feel or experience any of the negative and unpleasant things.

I'm finding I'm opening inside to allow the whole of duality inside me, even the most unpleasant stuff. And to allow myself to experience it without any coping strategies, without calming my mind, or dropping the stories, or having any kind of method for meeting it or controlling it or processing it or whatever. Just to be completely human, as I am, the bad and the good, no desire for anything to be different. Of course the practices and inner stillness allow one's humanity to be engaged from a place of inner sanity, so the storms within don't do any lasting damage, and leave a radiant day behind them when they pass.

Dear one, apologies and I might be if time counts years back behind you at 2012 where u were at.... If u did realize what I think you did... Then you know u r not even human... But beyond that false self... Why fall back down from the impersonal which is real... Back to the personal which is false... Acting human is one thing and true imho but being human is false being.... Just my 2 cents. I am at a peaceful place now somewhat but i've been here before and have fallen and come back up and so on... Except this time there is no one to go and come back as u said... Examining or discriminating the nature of things or what is true or false is the way to go forward as Yogani puts it in lesson 333. Be fully engaged as an aware human but watch out for false identities such as thoughts and emotions or ur body for that matter... What is their nature? Who are you?

You already know this stuff and u are far more experienced than i am but aren't u fed up of this false identification with the wave... I know i am bcz of all the suffering i've been through.. U r and i am the same water/consciousness... The fabric of it all... This is not a heartless post... But it's even more human and real then what i read up there... U act as a real compassionate human being by being who u really are.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  09:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Josh :)

Looking forward to catching up sometime soon. Maybe we can talk about Samkhya Philosophy.

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2015 :  4:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  04:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Can so relate to this! Well said, mr. anderson.
Much Love to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000