The Thief and I
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  6:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

True Freedom is when one is not bothered by whether the door remains open or not. One can be equally free behind closed doors.

Are you sure about that? The more I hang around the spiritual network, the more I respect and admire the leaders whose character has evolved to become firm in the basic necessities of life: survival, craftsmanship, abiding by the necessary boundaries, and so on. There's even the story of Jesus chasing the money-changers out of the temple because he did not condone a laissez faire, open-door policy in his sanctuary.

I think true freedom can only come once we have instilled proper habits until they are more or less automatic. Spontaneity and improvisation will always have room, but without the basic mechanics in place, such versatility and mobility will be lacking a solid foundation.

Your house and your possessions are extensions of your consciousness. In the same sense, my house and my possessions are extensions of my consciousness, and your's too. Therefore, it is all ours to share, but again, we share using boundary conditions and agreements, right? I'm not trying to be smug about this; I write because I have been navigating similar territory, and I find these points relevant to our dilemma.

In summary, lack of care or concern for possessions does not necessarily equate to true freedom, and I would wish for you to protect your material realm, the same as your interior realm.

Stewardship and care for what is right in front of me is a step I have missed when seeking total transcendence a little too fervently. That was my addiction to drugs and alcohol in a nutshell. The progression of life as a human creature follows these stages: dependence (children), survival (adults), enlightenment (becoming full of divine love).

Sorry for the rant. Wishing you the best in this predicament!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  04:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@BT - You make valid points. Am I sure about the statement above? Nope. I was just sprouting what is said about True Freedom. I have not experienced it. What I am experiencing from years of AYP is - like you point out above - habits that are more or less automatic. And sometimes I also do something, just because I know that it is the right thing to do, despite my first conditioned instincts. I stop to ask "what would love do?"
I think it all depends a lot on where we come from in life with respect to setting boundaries, the issues we have had to deal with along the way. Some do not set boundaries because they lack confidence to do so, then that becomes something they must over-come. But as one gains confidence in setting boundaries, then one may happily reduce or do away with boundaries with no cost to the self (& obviously Self). Others set boundaries (miles away) because they are full of fear. The balance, I think, is when one has the confidence to choose.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  04:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have started the task of emptying my house. Ladies at work are enjoying shoes!

That is an experience and lesson in itself. There are things my hands hover over and move on. Other things are easily bagged for give away.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  06:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Business" always has to deal with inventory at some point!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  3:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000