Enlightenment Milestones
 unbelievable amazing "coincidence"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  04:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello
i was chatting with a friend about his reiki session.I dont know much about reiki, i never had any interest in knowing much about energy works nor about chakras ( too new age for me )
yoga practices are more than enough, they drive the car , so why bother about how exactly the mechanisms are happening?
then i was talking with another friend , telling her that this reiki is kind of mumbo jumbo for me . She replied saying that she is a reiki master and that she can inititate me

suddenly i felt : oh yes i want to do that (where did the mumbo jumbo thought go? )

she told me to get a specific book, read the first part then she can initiate me

the book was out of stock, the bookstore can get it to me but i have to wait till their next books shipment in few weeks

then i remembered i have a hatha yoga student, Kamel, who is on a short holiday in Dubai. I texted him, and guess what? He had just arrived to his hotel to check his messages with wifi so he saw my texts on the spot.
Then he told me that his next outing was to this bookstore in dubai
amazing coincidence
He did get me the book
and what is more 'weird" is that when Kamel told me few days ago that he is gona miss my hatha yoga class cause he is travelling few days to dubai, i immediately felt that i should ask him to get me something , but i didnt know what.....yesteday i knew

so inner silence does "miracles"

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 13 2015 04:56:35 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  05:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Miracle of life, all is happening at the right time in the right place, and the beauty is in seeing that.

Thanks for sharing this miracle Maheswari!

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  06:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari, nice story!

Don't know if inner silence really does miracles. Maybe it just makes us more open/aware about miracles that happen but we don't see when we are busy with our mind/body.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  10:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I was a teen I took the train to Boston with a girl to go to a particular bookstore in Cambridge, another twenty minute subway ride beyond Boston. As we were traveling I felt the need to tell her that I had never been in a train that had been struck by a rock, just seconds before a stone had bounced off our very window! We sat there dumbfounded and laughing. Obviously I had been sensitive and open enough to the incoming ripples to predict the outcome.

As we exited the train to head to the subway, someone was handing out coupons to the very bookstore we were heading to, a reward perhaps from the Universe?

Another time at a party, I had the image of the Ace of Spades imprinted on my brain. I asked someone for a deck of cards and proceeded to pull the spaded ace from the facedown deck not once but three times in a row! (The odds are 140,608 : 1). On the fourth attempt I pulled the Ace of Diamonds, and quit for the night. What was it that planted the image of the ace in my brain, that gave me the power to choose the correct card? I surrender the answer, and .

The fabric between here and there is so thin, I believe it tears sometimes.

edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 13 2015 10:56:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  10:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! The power of subtle touch...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  11:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I ask, Dogboy, what will be the numbers at tomorrow evening's National Lottery draw?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  12:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...the fabric's kind of thick today...
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I followed a workshop from a Indian teacher, Nada Yoga, it was so wonderful and because he has a respectable age I thought I would like to learn more from him. He lives in the USA and two weeks ago he came back to Holland. I followed again his workshop and again I thought, that I would like to learn more from him. His age is eighty so I send him an email and was already making plans that it would be in India or USA because this is were he gives his teacher trainings.The same day as I send out this mail (2 day's ago), I received an email from my own Yoga teacher training school in the Netherlands that Sri Shyamji Bhatnagar would like to come there to give Masterclasses for teachers in 2016 and 2017......
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  6:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely stories
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  02:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely "coincidence" or as we say in the Jungian tradition, "synchronicity"!

Not to "bash" a system or teaching, but reiki has always struck me as somewhat new-age. Not that I doubt the fundamental principle, that healing energy can be channeled by laying on hands. This is very plausible from the yogic standpoint re: prana, etc. The part that I find dubious is that I've met several self-proclaimed "reiki masters" (which apparently it's not that hard to "become" one) who themselves had serious energy blockages/karmic baggage, and I question whether that negative energy could be inadvertently transmitted along with the healing energy. In theory it's not supposed to, however, in practice I've allowed people to do a "healing" on me (which they were often VERY insistent upon doing, which is another Red Flag for me) and I have felt their own personal disturbed energies mixed in. I was able to filter everything out, but I wonder whether non-yogis would be able to do that and if not, what would be the consequences? In classical yoga we talk a lot about purification. One would think it would be a prerequisite for performing healings, but the literature says reiki is "not dependent on spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone." We know that some advanced yogis can heal with a touch or even at a distance. I guess my concern is with the notion that EVERYONE can and should do this regardless of their personal spiritual evolution, etc.

Maha, I would be very curious to learn your impression of all this after you have read the book, because I respect your opinion.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  03:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for your replies and sharing your "miracles"
@ Radharani: i have the same opinion you mentioned above i feel that the reiki healer can transmit his / her issues too , that i why i dont feel i will go for a session with any healer

But since the above event happened so fast and with extreme precision, it seems i should explore it...maybe i can heal myself or heal my mum or brother when needed...will explore and let you know dear Radharani
ps. every month i do a traditional thai massage session, i always think that maybe i am getting the issues of the healer?? but till now i think this did not happen...i dont know

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 14 2015 03:56:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  3:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheshwari

Thanks for sharing. i have few to share as well.
Recently one of my friend got sever back pain and was in the hospital.During meditation I was sending energy and got an intution to give her the locket with my Guru's picture on it. I just put the locket in my pocket and went to Costco supermarket. My family did not even knew it. Neither my friend knew it either who was in the hospital. When I entered the Costco I saw my friend's husband right in front of me. We never discussed and they never go to Costco either. Now i gave the locket and he ran away to the hospital. His wife called me and told after putting the locket she started feeling better and was thanking me so much. She was surprised how did we meet her husband as well. That was awesome.

Another incident one of my office friend I was telling her some of the Sidhies about my Guru. Then at night she experienced the same story exactly the same way i told her and also she said she a saint with white dress. Then next day i showed the picture of my Guru and she said yes he was the same person in the dream as well.
Cann't explain how it happened.

So miracles are happening all around us all the time.
Just wanted share ....

PKJ.
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  11:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will the coincidence be a coincidence if we fail to observe it as one ? Can't it still be called a coincidence if it happened few days or few years apart ?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  04:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NoDogma

Will the coincidence be a coincidence if we fail to observe it as one ?

It's only a coincidence if you observe it like that, it's only a miracle if you observe it as a miracle. It's in the mind. Everything is just happening, observed or not.....

But then again,

the more you are aware, the more you can observe the miracles and coincidences.
Awareness gives you the opportunity to see the real beauty of life.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I got the book...my friend told me it was the last copy in the bookstore in Dubai
another coincidence that i am enjoying its observation ;-)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  03:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I finished reading part 1 of the book and I am ready to get the attunement for reiki 1
My friend ( who is not lebanese and lives abroad)asked me yesterday if I work today so she can give me the attunement
And guess what? I don't have work today, it is a public holiday :-D....another coincidence ;-)
So today I am having the attunement
it seems a new phase is about to start, something that I never thought would be part of my path.
it seems I need it to evolve
feeling blessed
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

it seems a new phase is about to start, something that I never thought would be part of my path.
it seems I need it to evolve
feeling blessed

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  12:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Charliedog
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  06:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In 45 min I will be attuned to reiki 2, God willing
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  11:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go girl go!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  02:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it was powerful

Edited by - maheswari on Jun 16 2015 02:06:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  03:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

quote:
Originally posted by NoDogma

Will the coincidence be a coincidence if we fail to observe it as one ?

It's only a coincidence if you observe it like that, it's only a miracle if you observe it as a miracle. It's in the mind. Everything is just happening, observed or not.....

one part art, the other reality. If it were not so we couldn't create anything. The trick is to learn to use creativity when we need it. It is nice to imagine coincidences, divine happenings and all the rest, but then there are the other imaginings that create suffering. Just as in meditation it's all scenery, but there isn't anything to stop us tallying awhile amongst our thoughts, it's perhaps just what the guru ordered
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  10:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2015 :  4:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000