New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  04:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  10:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi technoyogi

First of all thanks very much for the detailed summary. It really helps to understand the process very well.

Intersting I am doing the similar thing instead of lucid dream but in the awareness or semi awareness state. I direct the prana to stomach and that helps a lot. Interstingly in the past my hands will go to my stomach area automatically. As my Kundilini is awakened so it makes sense to let the hands to the healing process. Yesterday night i did direct the energy from hands to the stomach area and it definitely helps. I am feeling much better and will continue to do the same thing. I will look into the Lucid dreaming you suggested but i think even in the awareness state it will have the similar effect as well. It is just wonderful to read your story and found so many similarties.

My sleep is ok i don't have any major issues with sleep. I think apart from directing the prana with the addition of directing the energy to the stomach has started getting better.

Any particular diet regimen you used to use it. If you don't mind sharing it that will be helpful.

Again thanks a lot for the detailed summary.
Blessings.

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  1:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PKJ,

That is awesome that you are directing the prana directly. I imagine this to be a much more direct route than trying to have the lucid dream. A lucid dream can heal you overnight, BUT it might take a month or more to have it in the first place and remember to heal yourself in the dream. If you are doing it in DM you know you are getting incremental improvement each day which is great! Really it is all about our level of consciousness and if one can go in a DM to the level of mind that one reaches in a lucid dream then the same results should be also available essentially instantly

As for your questions on diet:

I tried many diet regimens, yet since the real issue was the Hiatal Hernia none of them woreked particularly well.

If your reflux is caused by something other than a hernia, then diet can help. One thing to figure out quickly is whether your reflux is caused by too much acid, or too little. That sounds counterintuitive but here is how it works.

If you have a loose LES (lower esophageal sphincter) and you produce too much acid (maybe because of stress or other issues) then the acid will come up and burn you just because the LES is not working well. In this case you definitely want to avoid the trigger foods (usually things that relax the LES, definitely coffee was the #1 offender for me, but it can also be things like chocolate, garlic, onions, tomatoes, etc.

The other possibility is too little acid then stomach contents don't digest fully and create gases that put a pressure on your LES from below and push it open, which again causes reflux. Here the advice is to *very gradually* add HCl and/or pepsin pills to see if having more stomach acid makes the relux go away. This is one reason why sometimes apple cider vinegar works for people. Yet it has to be very gradual because otherwise you get the opposite effect if you had too much acid. So in this approach you have to monitor closely to see if you get more burning and reflux instead of less. If so you obviously have to stop immediately. If you get less reflux then you can gradually add more of the pills. Look this up online for exact instructions, Chris Kessler is the guy I was following for this I think.

I also tried the low FODMAPS diet, and many other things. One thing I think will help in general is to drink more of your nutrients and the way to do this is to buy a high powered blender. I bought a Vitamix blender which is a hefty investment but one that will pay off over the years. You can make soups, smoothies, chocolates, pretty much anything in a Vitamx or Blendtec or Ninja high powered blender, and it takes a lot of effort off of having to digest food all the time.

Come to think of it, this may be part of what helped me in Yoga, because as we know the digestive process seems to sort of interfere with DM, etc.

For breakfast the last 9 months or so I drink a blended mix of green tea, something local called "Thought Flow Tea", 1 oz grass fed butter, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 oz MCT oil, some cacao adn either some honey or stevia to sweeten it. I may not even drink it until noon so that is "intermittent fasting". This is a low carb solution that still gives you energy, and the low carb is good for both yoga and acid reflux.

Hope some of that helps PKJ, I know acid reflux is NOT fun and wish you the speediest possible recovery!

Edited by - technoyogi on Apr 08 2015 1:25:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  5:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much for the detailed info. One thing which is main reason is the DM and the kundilini. That is why it is not the medicine which will work. It has been improving gradually from the last few months by directing the prana. Also one more thing which is contributing is the Amrita as i get lot of Amrita as well. As i get lot of Amrita after the DM and also during the day. For that reason i need to be careful about eating as i cann't fast as the Kundilini is surging. Best way is to surrender to the mother and she takes care by itself. During the DM I was able to do the healing for others but looks like Guru has given me this so when the time will come Guru will take it away. Surrendering every moment is the best way to move forward.

Blessings

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  01:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very wise words PKJ. I also had to surrender to the state. Later I was given a tool to heal it, it all happens in the time it was supposed to happen it seems...
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  01:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Week of 4/13

This week started with a bit of a milestone, I got to meet the first person from these AYP forums, Carson Zi We live about an hour away from each other here in Canada and he was gracious enough to make the drive up to see me. We had lunch and talked for almost 4 hours.

There were points where we were both having energy surges, and some of the things he shared were simply new paradigms for me. At the same time he was super down to earth and even though we were talking about really esoteric things it was just like hanging out with a really cool dude.

Carson gave me some great feedback on my current practice, and gave me the name of an acupuncturist that I plan to visit soon.

4/13
AM - usual 10SBP, 20 DM

Lunch - with Carson

PM - 10 SBP, 20 DM - tried to have a bit more tension in my abdomen during SBP given something Carson said about uddiyana bandha. This seems to have led to more gurlgling than I have heard in a long time.
ALso, did kechari during SBP. Felt the wind on my tongue. My tongue seemed to want to strain further up and I felt some new structures at the top. When I finished my mouth was finished with saliva and it seemed like my taste buds felt more sensitive. It was like my saliva was somehow a bit more pure seeming. Don't know if this could have been somehow related to Amrita, but there was something different about it I felt...

Tuesday
AM 10 SBP, 20 DM

mid day - Wound up chatting with Jeff, who I met because of talking to Carson yesterday. Quite unexpectedly he offers to scan me. Though I had no idea where in the world he was or even what he looks like, I got a strong energetic reaction. He asked me to see if I could reach back to him and I have to admit I pretty much did not know what to do. This was already yet another paradigm shift in 2 days.
Later at dinner I felt pretty energized in my upper chakras. And after dinner my stomach was gurgling like crazy, still is. One gurgle lasted 15 seconds and felt "long", like it was some string connecting from my heart all the way to my root... not sure that makes any sense...

PM 10 SBP 20 DM
Started to do kechari for about 15 seconds and then thought I would make this session really tame, not even siddhasana, given the interactions with Carson and Jeff, felt like I should self pace a bit. Very blissful session and I also had a great idea which may eventually allow me to use my marketing skills to work with Mantak Chia (long story).

Wednesday
AM - 10 SBP, 20 DM - rather late sit but still got it done. Forgot my phone so did not get to check my time midway through (I usually check after SBP to see if I hit 10 minutes on SBP, and try to estimate when to finish on DM). Does seem to be like Yogani says, there is an internal body clock, the whole thing took 35 minutes (I usually rest for 5 minutes by laying down)

---------------------------------------------------
My PM session that follows was almost perfunctory. I got really busy and just could not get it in. This time between the morning and night time mediation was maybe the closest to overload I have come. Not so much in any kind of physical pains but just feeling like I have imbalanced my life a bit recently in this spiritual pursuit. I've been reading tons of material, meeting new people, posting and chatting. But this has taken a bit of toll on my service in the real world. To myself, my wife, and friends and family.

I'm not overly worried, but it does call for a bit of a course correction. I have a really good base of knowledge now to keep me going for awhile, and I will continue my practices. But I am going to cut back a bit on teh amount of time I devote to the learning and discussion parts. And focus on being present with the people in my life, and trying to do a bit more hands on direct help for those in need here in my town.

So just feel that I had my head a bit up in the clouds, and some grounding will be good. I feel at ease with this journey taking however long it takes, and part of the journey is following my intuition.

So maybe I will update in less detail going forward, not sure, but I intend to still be practicing. I've seen people here who practiced for 3 years and only have 8 posts. So I am going to take the advice I've heard recently, a bit more "being" and less "doing" :-)
----------------------------------------------------------

PM - 3 SBP, 5 DM - as I said, kind of perfunctory, but meant to keep up the habit part.

Thursday
AM - 15 DM, skipped SBP for time reasons. Still got immediate ajna activation the moment I sat on the cushion.
PM - did DM while in bed before sleep, so not sure how long it went. Had an amazing OBE experience that night.

Friday
AM - 15 min DM
PM - 10 min DM

Saturday
AM - 5 SBP, 15 DM
-----------------
Plan from mid week is going so far, so good, I have learned from some of my minor hands on service outreaches.

Took a walk and saw a homeless man with one dangling misformed arm, he was digging through the trash for food with his good arm. I followed him for a bit waiting for a good time and when he sat down on a bench I told him he looked like he could use a bit of help and gave him money. He smiled and I felt even more sad for him because he had only one tooth. Yet his smile was genuine, his old blue eyes actually danced. He insisted on telling me jokes because he "owed me". I assured him he did not but realized also he wanted to repay me plus he probably just wanted to talk. At some point in the jokes he told me his name was Tommy and that he had native Indian heritage. I got the sense he does not get to tell many people his name or his heritage.

At no time did he tell me the hardship of his life or ask for more as I find often happens. At least in that moment of us laughing at his jokes he seemed genuinely happy in the midst of his harsh circumstances. It may not have been 24/7/365 enlightenment for either of us, but for that moment it was enough. I felt like I learned more from that than I did from the powerful OBE I had last night or an entire week of sitting practice.
------------------

Edited by - technoyogi on Apr 18 2015 10:46:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  09:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you in Canada?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  11:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really love your enthusiasm and honesty Technoyogi!
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  02:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ak33 - I am in Vancouver, how about you?

Charliedog - Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  09:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ok, I'm in Toronto. Love your journal Btw.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ak33! Well if you are ever in Vancouver do let me know, and vice versa if I go to Toronto. I am just a permanent resident of your beautiful country for now, though looking to get dual citizenship in the next few years if all goes well :-)
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  01:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Week of 4/20

Still on a somewhat abbreviated schedule of practice. Most days its 5 min SBP, 15 DM, or some days just 15 DM. Often times it is 100% plain, not even Siddhasana, so this factor of getting busy forced the "self pacing" which I sort of anticipated might happen.

I thought I had posted in here as an update 2 days ago but also had computer troubles so maybe that's why it didnt take...

Still seems that whenever I sit down on the cushion I get Ajna activity even before I take a breath. It is almost as if there is some kind of conditioned response. Or maybe its that I sometime forget about the activity, I mean it is going on right now.

I thought I had already posted this, but one night I was so tired that I just did DM in bed laying down and drifted off to sleep in the middle of it. Obviously not the recommended way, but I did remember an amazing OBE that night. The key in it was that in many OBEs there had been fear of "going further" at times, yet in this one I was breaking through these membranes and had the distinct feeling I was moving forward and had somehow passed a test of sorts.
-------------------------
Quick summary of the week - not much new, had some days where I only got around to one sitting practice and just did what I could as I was going to bed as the other practice.

Had some literal clicking sound going on in my throat one session, that was new.

Also have had stronger than usual pulse in my temples. Sometimes now when my 3rd eye pulses it extends beyond just my nose and all the way to my temples.

Edited by - technoyogi on Apr 27 2015 2:05:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Week of 4/27

Again, mostly shorter practices with no bells and whistles, but the added balance has been worth it. I have let go of some of the subtle implicit goals that were hiding in my practice early on. I have come to just focus more on the process and less on the goal and it feels a lot more natural to me. One thing that stuck with me from my meetup with Carson a few weeks ago was just to do the sits "like brushing your teeth".

I don't spend a lot of effort expecting special results from brushing my teeth. And now so too with meditation, it is just a habit I know is good for me both physically, mentally, and spiritually. So in summary, right now not a lot of attachment to outcome, and a lot of balance has come from that. The pendulum could always swing back to a more bhakti driven approach again later, for now though this is where I am at.

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  12:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  04:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Peace and Harmony
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Week of 5/4

Nothing major to report this week. The clicking sound in my throat returned along with the strong temple pulse. I still can't figure out how my throat can make that noise or why it wants to happen specifically during meditation....

My calf and foot have been going to sleep during meditation so I feel the pins and needles effect which is a bit of a distraction to meditation, yet I welcome that as really I have a pretty cushy situation in which to meditate in the first place.

Ecstatic conductivity makes itself known at some funny times. For example I was randomly watching the latest Transformers movie on Netflix and getting energy surges and goosebumps whenever Optimus Prime would say something impassioned lol. Rather absurd yet rather cool at the same time.

Next week I am on a 10 day business trip to Las Vegas which will be my first travel since starting AYP. Will be interesting to have to do the sits in a hotel room shared with my wife. Most likely she will be doing her hair or whatever in the morning while I sit there with an eye mask on in Siddhasana... AYP road warrior I will become...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Next week I am on a 10 day business trip to Las Vegas which will be my first travel since starting AYP. Will be interesting to have to do the sits in a hotel room shared with my wife. Most likely she will be doing her hair or whatever in the morning while I sit there with an eye mask on in Siddhasana... AYP road warrior I will become...

Earlier on I would meditate only when I could be undisturbed, but as of late I don't cloak my practice from my family as much; the other week my teenaged daughter was calling out for me while I was in samyama. I remained with the practice and heard her stumble into the room with an "oh!" and leave again. She apologized later (an apology, wow!) and I thanked her for not interrupting me at the time. It was a great moment for both of us, and maybe someday she will ask me more about why I do it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

Ecstatic conductivity makes itself known at some funny times. For example I was randomly watching the latest Transformers movie on Netflix and getting energy surges and goosebumps whenever Optimus Prime would say something impassioned lol. Rather absurd yet rather cool at the same time.

Glad you mentioned that. Goosebumps during movies especially are quite common for me these days, and I feel them all over (lower body and legs included). It's like they're surges of inspiration that flush out residual staleness, doubt, lack of engagement, and so on. A nice symptom of P&O.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  12:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exciting times technoyogi!

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy
maybe someday she will ask me more about why I do it.

I hope she does
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  04:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

Yes, when my yoga became serious, I practiced in hotel rooms, while my husband was in the bathroom.
It took some time (read years :)) but I can practice everywhere nowadays, also my asanas. When not at home like on a vacation, I go up early take my yogamat and go out. I look out for a nice quiet place, but there is no distraction anymore. First there where all kind of feelings if people where staring (at least I thought they did), but not anymore. Getting up early, I feel the fresh air, the silence of the new day, the birds, sun rise.....all included.

When starting yoga practice, everything has to be in order before one can start, later you practice independently of circumstances. That gives so much freedom.

edit:
@ Dogboy,
My husband has his own yoga teacher and practice these days. My son is interested more and more in yoga.....

Edited by - Charliedog on May 12 2015 05:53:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  7:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments everyone :-)

I've been slack on the journal front recently. A long trip out of country was partly to blame, yet there is also the fact that I just got busy in general.

I still have managed to keep up daily practice but especially during the business trip I had to drop down to doing practice just once a day.
The good news as I see it is that I have not missed a day of practice, even if it was under the worst conditions.

Not much in the way of new things to report, pretty much my experiences continue to track what I have reported before and I am in a holding pattern where I am not adding anything new and just trying to settle in to everything
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  8:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Techno, we missed you dearly.

No worries about the one-a-days; guru has had me on that schedule for months and I'm still purifying like the dickens. The quality of the sits has sharpened considerably, samyama is other worldly. (Insert disclaimer: Yogani recommends two sits daily. Consult Guru Inyou)

Settling In = Surrender. Good work
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2015 :  03:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Technoyogi, happy to read you again! In fact, yesterday I was thnking about writing a post in this thread, asking for news about you since you did not update your journal. Keep up the good work, sounds very good.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2015 :  2:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...Holding pattern...
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  7:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have been remiss with this journal...

Well, as a 3 month update, got busy and often only practiced once per day, but felt glad about keeping the habit.

Some interesting little pilgrimages in the last month, attended burning man for the first time, and then had 3 separate days of pilgrimage to SRF sites in California, all unplanned. Infused with a nice vibration as a result of these and today logged a 40 minute meditation which was the longest in weeks.

Also led my first lucid dreaming and dream yoga class about 2 weeks ago, it went well and may do more classes as feedback was very positive. Taught it from both a scientific and spiritual perspective so there was something for everyone in the audience.

So, all is well and progress continues to be made, even if painstakingly :-) Wonderful to touch back in here and know that this resource continues to be available. Namaste!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000