Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Garbage in, Garbage out...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  11:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Over time I've noticed something about DM that (for me anyhow) is pretty amusing. My conscious thoughts (those at the surface) are always the first being purified by DM and DM works backwards. It is almost like the mind is a trash can, and all the refuse at top must be "chucked" before the stuff at the bottom can be eliminated (the subconscious junk.)

This is especially apparent if I miss a DM session, then the next session I do is all about this surface crap coming up and out.

Anyone else relate to it this way?

Joseph

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds similar to my DM experience: in the first 5 minutes, thoughts that arise are almost always related to the activities of that days (if I had a fight or a problem in my job, for example). But after 10-15 minutes of DM those same thoughts kind of disappear or become "thinner". Towards the end of DM, if thoughts atise they are more formless, more pure dmotions than thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  12:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way: when enhough time is available for a routine of asanas before sitting practices, I noticed that the mundane garbage is purified much faster, so that deeper stuff arise after maybe 5-10 minutes of DM and not only in the last minutes. But my current life situation is pretty hard, and time for AYP is short so I mostly skip asanas or do the 4 standing asanas of the starter kit (1 minute).
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  12:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely. At times, there seems to be an order of transcendence, though it is occurring without my management of it. It's like God knows we are seeking Him/Her, so by easily favoring, we have to pass through surface to more depth.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  9:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to that too. No wonder it is called deep meditation digging deper all the time.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  11:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I've noticed is that a lot of times I can have practically no recognizable thoughts at all but still my mind is very agitated.

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Mar 05 2015 11:32:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000