Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Formall classes versus Automatic Yoga and blocked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  11:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I would like imput on this. On the mornings I wake and do Yoga at home,
I can either follow a traditional routine, or let go with automatic Yoga. I feel the need to do some things spontaneously regardless.

During classes I am feeling estatic Kundalini, and am a little embarressed about how great it feels. Latley though it seems to be blocked or focused at an old injury in my back. It is not as prevelant as it was, and the jolts I had been feeling have subsided. Is this a good or bad sign? More or less practice?

Self pacing is all good but I get a little confused at what is a good sign.

Eat Pray Yoga
K

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  11:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No need for embarrassment. No one is any the wiser!

Well, KarenVic, it's not good or bad, it just IS. It is there to be noticed, and then let go. When it becomes good or bad, a desire or an aversion, it becomes a derailment. Stay on track by sending the area your loving attention, and observe it change over time, for change also just IS. No need to self pace unless in persistent discomfort, then consult Guru

Edit: regarding automatic yoga, if it occurs just go with it. You are receiving inner guidance, so Ego should not get a vote here.

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 24 2015 11:56:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy, thank you for your note. OK I am getting it I think, touch and release everything like balloons floating in the air. That is great wisdom,
much appreciated
eat pray YOGA
K
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  1:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karenvic,

Your feelings in yoga will change, not a good or a bad sign, just changing, sometimes ecstatic and sometimes not.
I know the feeling of being a little embarrassed in yoga class because of the kundalini, and the jolts but after some time it will be more smooth, softer and normal for you. I have also had the experience of blocking in my back and in the back of my skull, and also that disappeared over time imo that was purification.
I know also the feeling of being afraid of loosing that very nice feelings, but that is not happening if you go on with your practice.
It will be there, but in a different way, and not only in your practices....

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  7:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charlie dog,
thank you for your note. I am just concerned might actually have an orgasm during class, after all the first time I felt the estatic energy I was just writing in my journal, I was out of it for a while. Then again maybe everyone is having orgasms in there, and that makes me happy.

My primary question was though, if I have a choice to stay home and do my own thing with automatic taking over versus going to a formal class with an Instructor and several other participants? Any comments on that?

eat pray Yoga all
K
Go to Top of Page

amuhai

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  8:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Karen,
It all depends on what you want really ...home-alone....or ….group-class.
If you want to let it all out....without any embarrassment,.... home.
If you want structure and restraint....class.

Why can't you partition the time—sometime for home-alone and sometime for group-class?

But it appears you have decided what you want from your opening statement- ”...I can either follow a traditional routine, or let go with automatic Yoga. I feel the need to do some things spontaneously regardless....
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  06:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My comment about it......I can give you my own experience in that. I combined yoga at home and followed classes. What I did during classes at that moments of ecstatic energy, I opened my eyes, bring my attention to my breath and the asana and sometimes I was shaking and vibrating. But I did not let it come to orgasm because I had the feeling then that it was sexual and that was not what I was looking for. ( and embarrassment ) At home sometimes I let it come to orgasm but afterwards I was never happy with that.

I found out that my feelings were tantric and I experimented with that, at home on my own. Staying before the orgasms, practice, practice, practice and later the feelings changed, from sexual to spiritual, like floating on love energy. No need for orgasm, staying in the love energy mode, spreading the love, give it away. You can find all lessons here on AYP. I did not had that lessons then, found it out myself and read it afterwards. I still have feelings of ecstatic energy during yoga classes and also at home but the feeling is love now. Its more like radiating love, stay in the moment, that is the difference.

It IS what it IS in every moment, follow your heart and ask for advise inside you, the only place were YOU can find YOUR answer.

Here on AYP we can share experiences and learn from each other and I am happy to have found you all.

Enjoy KarenVic

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 25 2015 06:28:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  4:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KarenVic,

That's a great question. Looking back when I was where you are at, I did both, and a third. In private sessions with friends from class, I did spontaneous with witnesses. I'm so grateful for those friendships.

Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charlie dog
wow, thatnk you for sharing, I am so looking forward to that and it does give me incentive to stay pre orgasmic ( its a little trick the line). Up until now most of my energy has been sexual with a few actual jolts moving between limbs.

Its an amazing journey, I am so grateful for Yogani and this forum
Sat Nam
K
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  7:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amuha

Its hard to tell what is automatic Yoga that will help me evolve versus my desire to sleep in and or defiance of external authority. I find even staying with my own routine can be challanging from the Monkey mind. The Ego chatter just seems to keep reinventing ways to grab for my attention, and it takes a bit to unravel but its happening.

thank you for your note, all the best
K
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  7:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell
thank you for your note. Tha is a good thrid option. I have just found a Yoga teacher that I really like and a few of us go for morning drinks after class, I will suggest this to them. Its wonderful to have friends to talk about this exciting journey I agree. I am glad we have this forum, otherwise I would think I was possessed instead of waking up.
Sat Nam
K
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  04:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by KarenVic
I am so looking forward to that

Stay in the moment and enjoy EVERY moment, it took time and practice !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000