Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Really bad first time Neti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  3:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I did the Neti pot today, my barin felt like it was going to sxplode. I couldnt move for 20 minutes for feeling like throwing up. The water never did drain out the other side, now I just have a sinus head ache.
My Yoga teacher suggested I do this, and I want to continue, am I doing something wrong? Some stuff came out but not much. I am definatly having the inner urge to continue this and other practicess.
I intend to do a 3 day fast, clense, silent meditation by my self.
I am feeling estatic awakening and am doing automatic Yoga often.
Any feedback?

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 17 2015 02:35:13 AM

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  3:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KarenVic

So I did the Neti pot today, my barin felt like it was going to sxplode. I couldnt move for 20 minutes for feeling like throwing up. The water never did drain out the other side, now I just have a sinus head ache.
My Yoga teacher suggested I do this, and I want to continue, am I doing something wrong? Some stuff came out but not much. I am definatly having the inner urge to continue this and other practicess.
I intend to do a 3 day fast, clense, silent meditation by my self.
I am feeling estatic awakening and am doing automatic Yoga often.
Any feedback?

It's just my opinion, but from experience the best way to learn jala neti is to learn it directly from someone. It sounds like you didn't quite get the basic mechanics down correctly, and yes, if you inadvertently draw water into your sinuses it can hurt badly.

When doing basic jala neti, make sure when bending over to keep the sinuses higher than the nose (I know, it's hard to understand), I had someone teach me basic and advanced jala neti (basic is all that is really needed). Try going on Youtube to help you understand the basic positions. This is all about using gravity and if you are positioned correctly the soution will go through the back of the nose and lower sinus and drain out the other nostril with no effort.

Sorry you had a bad experience :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u7GMqnTEcc
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  4:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with justaguy, and make sure the water is slightly saline (normal saline) else it will burn like heck.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  4:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Just a Guy
You really helped, yes I was too far bent forward. I will try again tomorrow.
Hopefully all this will drain shortly. Someone had talked me through it and I looked at
a you tube video, but it wasnt as clear as your instruction.
Have a great day
in light and love
K
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LittleTurtle

Agree with justaguy, and make sure the water is slightly saline (normal saline) else it will burn like heck.

oh, absolutely, and (personally) I am VERY finicky, I will NOT use tapwater that has chlorine or Fluoride in it, I heat filtered water, and per 8 oz add 1/2 tsp of purified salt (without additives)

Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  6:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Just a guy, thanks for the clarity on that. I will try again tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  09:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advise, much better now.
Keep the faith.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  10:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be gentle love gently
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  1:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are sweet Kumar
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  02:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000