Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 anyone ever had a oneness experience?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThoughtBroadcaster

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  11:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
anyone ever had a oneness experience? if so what was it like? if you do not mind sharing.

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  06:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi yes many times more frequently now my practice is stable i could not describe it or exsplain it its just an exsperience but with a lucidity of mind that does not want or need .
Go to Top of Page

margaret1958

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  12:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtBroadcaster

anyone ever had a oneness experience? if so what was it like? if you do not mind sharing.

Yes I have. I was driving down the road and suddenly KNEW oneness and that I was not separate from the source. No doubts. I KNEW it. It was the first time that I ever felt like all my efforts to find the source and connect with the source were rewarded. It was an amazing gift and I knew when it happened that up to that point in my life, it was the most important thing to ever happen to me. I will never forget it.
Go to Top of Page

ThoughtBroadcaster

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  02:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also i get different opinions about oneness. some people say its all me in existence and that there is only god nothing but god and i am basically all alone. can someone give their opinion on this? also i find it scary to think there is no other.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  04:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TBc,

I am sure that everyone and also you has moments of oneness, for instance if you watch fully aware a beautiful sunrise or sunset.
Watching animals in nature, a flower, butterfly or just gazing to no matter what.

Its nothing to be scared of, its a mindset, in fact it is leaving your mind alone for a while... Be who you really are and that is only peace, no fear.

Just awareness....be-ing in the moment.....

Regular yoga and meditation can help you to be more aware
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  09:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

also i get different opinions about oneness. some people say its all me in existence and that there is only god nothing but god and i am basically all alone. can someone give their opinion on this? also i find it scary to think there is no other.

Hi ThoughtBroadcaster,

The only way to know is to experience it first hand rather than worry about what other people say. The thought "I am basically all alone", is just that: a thought and the fear that is associated with that thought is one of the little barriers (distractions) that keep your mind focussed on something other than what is here and now. Rather than worrying about that thought and what it could mean, could you let it go and just be here and now?

Oneness is found in the here and now and the pathway to that is the deepening peace felt by being present in the here and now. It's an intimate sense of connection with all that Is.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  5:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
ThoughtBroadcaster

It was "mind sharing" with the All
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2015 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The way you put your question suggests that, for you, oneness conveys a sense of loneliness. This was also my case, but the funny thing is that, at the same time, I feel in company as I had never felt.

As I see it now, the key concept to explain this paradox is the question of “who am I”. In my case, as the idea of “I” dissolved, this feeling of loneliness, kind of homesickness, appeared. The feeling that we are basically alone, and someday we have to part, leaving our loved ones behind, never to see them again, at least in their current form. I never had this problem before, when I plainly rejected the idea of anything surviving death.

But… my perception now fully agrees with Dogboy’s answer: “It was mindsharing with the All”. As an atheist, I will not give the name “god” to this “All”, but names don’t change anything. Anyway, this naked “I”, stripped out of thoughts, hopes and fears, just being in the here and now, can be perceived much more clearly as part of this All; even as being also this All. The silent mind does not leave much room for worldly company. But now, for the first time, I don’t feel alone inside my head.
Go to Top of Page

ThoughtBroadcaster

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  7:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if oneness is mindsharing with the All than do you have to be careful of who you tell about the experience?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  7:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

if oneness is mindsharing with the All than do you have to be careful of who you tell about the experience?

It's not about "mindsharing" with the all, oneness is intimate experience with the self. Knowing yourself here and in all things. Any thing that anyone says will only at best create a mental picture and a concept for you but the experience of oneness isn't about that, it is found in the absence of all that in the here and now.

The experience of oneness can begin in small ways, true compassion for another or simply really listening and understanding without judgement.
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  04:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
“Mindsharing” started as a word game triggered by your question (…if you don’t mind sharing…), and may be used to explain a bit this sense of oneness, but only up to a certain point. At least in my case, oneness starts where mind stops, so what is being shared?

Definitely, what is not meant with “mindsharing” in this context is anything like “sharing thoughts with God”, as there are no thoughts. You may feel in the presence of God, if you want to conceptualize it this way, but intellect has nothing to do here.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  06:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Juan, the pun was growing legs...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000