Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Ida and Pingala
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hritpadma

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2015 :  10:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Why are ida and pingala sometimes depicted as crossing sushumna like a caduceus and sometimes going directly from muladhara to ajna without crossing sushumna?

Can it be one way then change to the other?

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  02:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Imho, there are two different approaches to Ida, Pingala and Sushumna.

In the traditions that advocates the need to work on Ida and Pingala before activating sushumna, they're drawn like a caduceus.
In the traditions that work directly on sushumna, they are straight.
Go to Top of Page

hritpadma

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  11:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not clear about the nadi connections in the lower abdomen
(muladhara).

During pranayama, you determine which nadi ida or pingala by closing the associated nostril. Is it possible to determine which nadi by will+visualization only?

Is there a similar "switch" you can use to determine the front body channel (arohan) vs the spinal channel (awarohan = ida + pingala + sushumna))?

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  07:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
During pranayama, you determine which nadi ida or pingala by closing the associated nostril. Is it possible to determine which nadi by will+visualization only?

Yes it is, in the beginning of your practices you need closing of the nostrils, but my experience is, that it happens spontaneously at this moment, just by bringing my attention.

Imo the sushumna opens by grace, like deep meditation, you can not force it. It will happen, when you practice and have a strong desire.

When it is open, the practice feels different, more on a energetic level and less physical, sushumna also has 3 nadi's inside, a left, a right and a central. Kundalini rising is in the central inside sushumna.
That's my view under the hood, like yogani said.
It's all intrepetation and different traditions have sometimes different approaches to the same subject.

Edit....this is not AYP, but ancient tantra tradition....

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 26 2015 07:50:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000