Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 2 and Half Years of AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,

It's been four years of unknowingly receiving shaktipat and two and half years of AYP. I’ve come to a point where I can no longer engage in formal meditation. Even three minutes of breath meditation is too much. I attend Asana class once in a while. I’ve come to a point where I’ve started residing in my body more- facing every emotion that comes up. It’s easier with the witness.

However, I miss the inner silence that I used to have with daily meditation. It was always there, now it is in the background and have to find it. But, life has become a spiritual practice. I’m well aware of not chasing anything especially bliss. No more transcendence, just facing whatever comes up.

I’ve been grounding a lot. I listen to spiritual teachers online and read a lot (hard to let go). I know this is adding to the problem, I’m working on it. Hoping I can go back to my daily sittings soon. Any advice?

Sunyata

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  4:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you could add samyama and later cosmic samyama for more balance in your life off and on the mat.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  11:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata,

Sounds like you are already doing the best thing. Living life fully within Awareness is what it all boils down to after removing the bells and whistles of experiences, kundalini and bliss.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  01:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep self-pacing at the forefront, honor the inner guru, and believe that you can participate fully in the miracle of living, and you will. A little at a time.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  11:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sunyata,

This thread here might be a helpful read if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9995

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  12:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love to you, one parent to another

I am almost a year and a half in AYP with a Kundalini that activates with very little attention. It makes sense for a beginner to stay on course, two sittings twice a day, to 'fertilize the soil', to build the foundation for your temple. I am at the stage where I fall deeply into active stillness with little effort. Yoga (meditation, asana, pranayama, Bhakti, inquiry) has a foothold in my day; it can happen anywhere and everywhere, and has become especially playful.

As a result I have put complete trust in my guru. I no longer schedule my sits, I sit when I want to sit. Often it just presents itself as "now would be a great time for some silence and samyama". While my daughter stalls at bedtime I do asanas in the hallway. While stuck in traffic I might trace my spinal nerve a few rounds. Practicing this way overlays the transparencies to create a fulfilling whole.

I am blessed to have had the foreknowledge from all the AYPers of their issues of overload and self pacing. This has given me perspective on keeping it simple and sustaining for the long haul. I am sorry you need to dial back so drastically, that you feel a sense if loss, but your guru knows, and should be respected. Your yoga is still there and will always be. It just might manifest in another way.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 08 2015 12:17:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata

I really shouldn't be worried about taking a break.

Yes, ideally we should keep it steady, but I find that bhakti does add an element of unpredictability to it - a big one. A few days or weeks to cool off could bring the answer.

Yes, it's hard to let go. Perhaps that is the lesson before you now?

All the best and keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  2:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jusmail- Thanks for the input. Samyama is happening in daily living. However, I’m afraid adding formal samyama may only add to the issue.

SeySorciere- I agree. I’m glad some of those bells and whistles are over. Loved the good part but glad the scary ones are over.

Bodhi Tree- Well said

CarsonZi- Thanks, Carson for the thread. It could have been written by me word for word.

Dogboy- to you as well.Glad you are doing well. I’ve never had the chance to schedule my sits. I started AYP after my first baby was born and now with two, there is no way. I’ve always been an overly caution practitioner. Only practiced max 5 min SB, 15 DM and samyama and mulabandha for few weeks – this is the most I’ve done in the two and half years. Most days just DM and samyama

Now I’m positive that coming in with a lot of energy might have added to the oversentivity. I was not aware that I had energy overload until now. I was looking for extreme energy overload like after the shaktipat. Well-lesson learnt! Even though, I don’t post frequently on the forums-I’m always here reading everyone’s post. I really enjoy your sense of humor. I want to participate frequently but can’t with the responsibilities at the present moment.

BlueRaincoat- Yes that is probably the lesson.

Personally, just being in witness feels very dry. Witness with the sweetness of inner silence is heavenly-Life is making me let that go as well. I guess I’m exactly where the divine wants me to be- In the body experiencing every emotion both positive and negative-Embracing the duality of life when resting in awareness. Now only if my resistance to some things fell off quickly.

to you My Friends
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Jan 08 2015 2:26:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  09:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Friends,

An update- I'm able to do 5 minutes of breath meditation without overloading. Asana classes have totally changed - what used to feel strenuous postures have become bliss full. 75 minutes class goes away in the blink of an eye.

Also, a realization - The phase that I went through few years ago where I wanted to get “enlightened” yesterday. It’s really the mind that’s trying to get enlightened, trying to have experiences. It’s the only the here now in the daily living where the fun is!

The highs and lows have settled down. In the past when bliss came, I would be soaring so high in it –felt like I was flying in the sky, merged with the creation. And, when the lows hit it was down in the dumps-longing for the bliss phase. Now it’s easier not to get caught up in both the phases.

The joy is when my inner state reflects in my day to day life. This is when I’m one with the creation.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  09:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hello Friends,

An update- I'm able to do 5 minutes of breath meditation without overloading. Asana classes have totally changed - what used to feel strenuous postures have become bliss full. 75 minutes class goes away in the blink of an eye.

Also, a realization - The phase that I went through few years ago where I wanted to get “enlightened” yesterday. It’s really the mind that’s trying to get enlightened, trying to have experiences. It’s the only the here now in the daily living where the fun is!

The highs and lows have settled down. In the past when bliss came, I would be soaring so high in it –felt like I was flying in the sky, merged with the creation. And, when the lows hit it was down in the dumps-longing for the bliss phase. Now it’s easier not to get caught up in both the phases.

The joy is when my inner state reflects in my day to day life. This is when I’m one with the creation.

Sunyata

Hi Sunyata,

All sounds well.

Remember to stay grounded by actively engaging in grounding practices every day. There is a saying that when we are rooted well into the earth, we can rise to the heavens.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  4:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  5:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hello Friends,

Bliss energy has affected my asana practice in exactly the same way. I attend a yin class in which poses are held for an extended time; bliss always gives an assist!

See, I told you yoga would manifest somehow! So happy for your clear skies and calm seas.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  05:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sunyata

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

So wonderful and so exciting! Isn't this the most worthwile journey a human being can possibly take?

All the best on your journey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reminder, Christi Trying to do lots of grounding. Just incase I think I'm too ahead-My two little ones keeps my "ego" and my "spiritual ego" in check. Two gurus running around the house
Bodhi- That's going to be my new mantra
Dogboy- Yes! Yes! you were right
BlueRaincoat- Indeed! Feels like my questions (What's the purpose of this life?, Why was everything created? Who created it?) ever since I was born/can remember has been answered. It's very sweet-I can almost taste it!

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  5:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sunyata

I was going through the Carson's link and it is so true for me as well. So now a days i don't do any formal practice just sit and let things happen. As he said mind is trying to fix something whereas there is nothing to fix and meditation goes on throughout the day. I think for the over sensitive meditators that is a good practice as it has benifitted me as well.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  9:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PKJ,

Yes, for sensitive meditators breath meditation or just sitting seems to work the best. I have to work on purifying this body first through asanas, following yamas/niyamas , service and being friends with my ego before I can progress further. I went through transcendence for months, then came spiritual bypassing.

I have to train my mind and face every emotion that arises. This is what the recent overload revealed needs to be done for a smoother journey.
I have started letting the emotion rise- this makes me go into bliss just communicating with people. I think this is obstructions dissolving. Somedays the body feels like a vacuum and all the emotions pass through it. 5 minutes of breath meditation is just enough time for me to dip into that ocean of stillness and work with my ego. I'm sure I'll be able to do more in the future but right now I'm savoring every moment. Each moment is filled with delight. Good Luck to you as well. I'm sure you know where your obstructions are as the energy usually tells you. Do you know what may be causing the overload or making you sensitive? I would love to hear.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 14 2015 9:34:27 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000