Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Why I am an Atheist Who Believes in God
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Fabulous new book by Frank Schaeffer! subtitle, "How to Give Love, Create Beauty and Find Peace."

This book is only tangentially related to AYP but may be of interest to folks here. For one thing, it's just a great read. Also, Frank is coming from the Orthodox apophatic tradition, one of the main points of the book being, "God cannot be defined by doctrines, but only experienced" by means such as the Jesus Prayer, sacraments, etc., which is a very familiar concept for yogis! Here is my lengthy blog post inspired by the book.

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  10:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radharani...your lengthy post was AWESOME!...keep writing...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  10:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

Radharani...your lengthy post was AWESOME!...keep writing...

Thank you so much, dear Machart! If you enjoyed my post you would most likely love Frank's book. He says it better than I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000