Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Questions about raising energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

no.thing

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So after trying for a long time, I've started to experience energy rising up from the root to the crown - through, yes, tantric sexual practices (whew, thank you internet for the anonymity). With a little effort, I get a tingling sensation right at the crown of my head. First off, I've read through the AYP lessons on this topic and it sounds like Yogani takes the view that you should establish the root to ajna (third eye) path so the crown doesn't open prematurely. I'm not really totally sure what I'm doing here, but I'm afraid of opening the crown and causing bad results, so I've started doing spinal breathing pranayama from root to ajna like Yogani suggests.

The first question for those more experienced than me is whether I'm doing the right thing here by adding in SBP and trying to focus on the third eye instead of the crown. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Another funny thing. Once I get the energy up into my head, I can feel it much more on the left than the right. The left side feels alive while the right just feels sort of dull. When I do this, I even get the feeling that my hearing is a little bit less sharp on the right. I've also had a longstanding issue with pain in my right hand. I've looked everywhere for answers with that and haven't found any, but is it possible this is all linked? I always thought it might be a pingala blockage without really knowing what to do about it. I've done a lot of alternate nostril breathing and it doesn't help. I'm gonna throw that out there in the hopes that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction. What can I do to proceed with all this safely? Should I proactively do something to fix what seems to be a weird imbalance between left and right sides once the energy is raised?

Thanks so much for any replies.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  07:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anonymity’s great. You don't want to make the world too envious, or look like you're bragging, right?

quote:
Originally posted by no.thing
The first question for those more experienced than me is whether I'm doing the right thing here by adding in SBP and trying to focus on the third eye instead of the crown.

Yes, you are doing the right thing, that is taking the safe route - the crown will be opened 'be proxi' (I think that's Yogani's expression). So you are not risking a sudden and possibly unpleasant kundalini awakening. It will happen gradually and smoothly.

Regarding the left-right imbalance, Yogani's advice is to keep working along the middle i.e. along the spine. That's in Lesson 207 http://www.aypsite.org/207.html

I used to have a left-right imbalance. I found it was getting better when I joined the palms of my hands. I used to do this while laying in savasana. It could be just joining the tips of the corresponding fingers or completely overlapping the palms. The palms/fingers could be joined above the chest, belly or even above the head - whatever is more comfortable and helps you stay relaxed.

Enjoy your practice. Sounds like you're doing well.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  08:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume you have an established meditation practice, yes? Establishing the root-to-Ajna highway is critical to preventing a premature crown opening. If you don't have one, shelve tantra for now and start here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html.
Go to Top of Page

no.thing

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I missed that lesson but it's definitely addressing the left/right thing, so that's very helpful. Even right now I can feel that I can't hear as well out of my right ear. Well, hopefully this will stabilize if I just go slow and steady and focus on the middle, like Yogani says.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000