Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 What is AYP view on masturbation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cevalus

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  4:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is masturbation detrimental to my practice? I've been practising pranayama and meditation as taught by AYP diligently twice a day for the last year. I'm starting to feel the energy in my spine. Meditation is starting to have very tangible benefits. Yet, despite all of this, I still masturbate quite frequently.

AYP doesn't have much info on this topic at all. I tried to find any info on the web of do's and don'ts of masturbation in its relation to yoga. The info out there is really fuzzy. Should I try to abstain from it to redirect the energy up my spine? I tried to stop for a few days, but it became unbearable.

My thought was that over time, the urges would lessen and I would organically reduce/stop masturbating. Is there any point in going through the torture of abstience while doing AYP? Or should I just allow myself to masturbate while making sure I keep meditating?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  6:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cevalus, welcome to the forum

I think this lesson contains the answer to your question
http://www.aypsite.org/T15.html

You would probably find it useful to read all the Tantra lessons, starting here: http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  6:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  9:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I've been practising pranayama and meditation as taught by AYP diligently twice a day for the last year. I'm starting to feel the energy in my spine. Meditation is starting to have very tangible benefits. Yet, despite all of this, I still masturbate quite frequently.

This answers your question. In spite of masturbating, you are on the cusp of pranic arousal. If 'frequent' could become 'infrequent' and sexual arousal drawn upward, it will progress you along faster.

quote:
Should I try to abstain from it to redirect the energy up my spine?.

It is extremely difficult for a young man to abstain completely. By spilling seed you cast away energy; as Blueraincoat points out, you should aim to conserve as much energy as you are able through tantric techniques, always drawing arousal upward. No wonder it's so hard for you, you've labeled it "torture"! Over time (and as you age) urges should reduce somewhat, and you may discover, as I have, staying preorgasmic can be as fulfilling as the old 'pull & shoot'. In the meantime, I suggest testing the boundaries of your 'torture'; conserve and redirect as often as possible.

Overall, it sounds like things are going well for you
Go to Top of Page

cevalus

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2014 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'll definitely try reading up on tantra. Thanks for your input.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000