Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Merging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  5:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I come from teachers/traditions that discourage talking about practice and the fruits of practice outside of meetings with teachers, so I usually don't say much here, though I read a lot and continue to practice. I do a lot of head nodding along with people's posts. I don't currently, and have not for some time, had a teacher in the flesh, nor do I sit with a meditation group. I had an email conversation with Victor before he died and had been planning on sitting with him and his group. Victor.

I have many years of meditation experience, and about a year and a half of AYP experience. I came to AYP, as have many of us, because I had a "bliss" blowout of kundalini energy, and I had been in search of information to help me deal with it. AYP practices with judicious self pacing have been a true gift to me. Yogani and all posters here.

About a year ago, during Cosmic Samyama, identity began to shift to unbounded awareness. It has been a bumpy year, but practices have continued, and a smoothing out of experiences has occurred over the last couple of months (I added in an hour a day of breathing meditation in addition to one traditional 3 part AYP session per day: SPB, DM, Samyama - more than that has usually caused overload). I am today moved to post a little writing I did this morning trying to describe in words what is currently rising here, not just during practice, but throughout the days and nights. It is beautiful, surprising, and a little bit scary to the mind sometimes:

Direct felt sense of infinite open heart space. Mind consciousness merging with (in) open infinite heart space. Resounding silence, peace, compassion, love. "It" is merging "me": thoughts, feelings, sensations, emotions, desires, perceptions arise and are permeated by utter silence, peace. Sense of dissolving, merging with silent, utter stillness.

In the few months prior to this, there was a clear descending energy that seemed to be mostly "working on" (opening) head and heart space. Then, for the past few weeks, a sense of being drawn inward, inward, inward into the heart space, to the center of inner peace was arising frequently, and then for the past few days through today the sense of being merged with, dissolving, etc. as written above.

In Peace and Gratitude

Edited by - Zanyan on Oct 10 2014 6:23:47 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  01:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.

Wait...one more yes.

And finally...more--please! thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  6:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Bodhi Tree. Your loving affirmation - yes - is much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000