AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Changing perspective
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  1:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to share a change in perspective that has been occurring in me with increased intensity over the last 2 months. I believe it to be a natural result of the efforts with all the AYP practices, tantra, and self enquiry and I hope it encourages others to continue with their efforts in these areas.

It began when I started experiencing intense love and gratefulness for myself and others at random times during a day. It has been a lot like the feeling of falling in love, except not with someone else and also having an inner joy present while going through life.

After my trip to Teotihuacán which I wrote about in another post, there has been an intensification of the process and a massive letting go that I am a witness to in my being. Every thought I have about how I think my life should be is falling away. The thoughts present themselves in my mind and are met by my awareness which wants to know if they are really true or not. Thoughts I never even knew I had about how I think things should feel or be come up and then I realize that I can't really know if they are true or not and they begin to fall away.

The result of all this is coming to love what is and not wanting life to be any other way because the way it is for me at this moment of time is exactly as it should be and I love it! I don't need anything to make my life better and I am enjoying the journey as it unfolds in front of me. I follow my heart now and not my mind because my thoughts can never truly know.

I realize that I create my own reality by how I react to what occurs in my life. I am free to choose to see the events in my life in a positive or negative way and these choices dictate whether I live in heaven or hell. I choose heaven.

I realize that the most important relationship I have in my life and the one I am truly married to is myself and that this union is sacred. I believe this to be the start of a new journey for me in my life and for this I am grateful.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  3:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew,
Thank you for writing about this. It's strange.. but I have been going through something very similar for the last month.. but did not have the guts to write about it at the forum..

I have been feeling an intense heart connection with everything and everyone... so much so that I think it is on the border line of being dangerous.. I have felt connections to people I would never dream of feeling connected to.. and I think people around have been picking up on this too (not sure if that is possible)... For the last 14 years that I have lived in this country.. generally no one has noticed me, but for a few weeks now.. I have seen people talk to me like they are in love with me... or really care about me.. or really want to be with me.... I even got a few... how do you put it.. forward hints from men I have known for a long time now.. and who I did not think ever really noticed me before.. May be just my imagination
I can also feel so much love from my meditation group, when I meet them outside our meditation time. I don't feel restricted about showing my love to others.. like a small pat on the back or a warm hug can do wonders to a connection between friends.. and I can almost feel a magic bond between people and me when I do this...

One more thing that has been happening.. and this one really scares me.. I find it very important to be myself.. and not hold on to beliefs that I have had for years. I need to be truthful.. and not put up with wrong .. even though it is causing me a lot of trouble and pain in my life.. This one is so hard.. to actually live through pain.. just because I cannot afford to live another day in the wrong... and knowing full well.. it may change my life as I know it forever...But I cannot stop myself..

I knew Yoga changes people.. but I don't think I was expecting or ready for these two changes.. I am really exhausted mentally.. and I think accepting what is happening in my life would be better than to analyze it and question it... but if only it was that simple...

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 26 2006 6:15:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  12:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem and Shanti,

Thank you for sharing about these revolutionary changes that are happening in your lives. I experience changes along similar lines, though maybe not quite as dramatic. Maybe this starts to become a collective phenomenon when more and more are practicing AYP?

What I mostly experience is feeling more connected to everyone and anything I do because the inner silence is taking away a lot of previous concepts and noise going on in thoughts and emotions. The connectedness creates an urge to do what is the right thing, or true, even if it may mean some inconvenience, but that is not perceived very much as such. I just realized today that I will be courageous to just relax the mind and flow with the changes, instead of thinking about apparent contradictions with past concepts. I have agreed with myself that I will take any changes that may come on this path if it leads to God, or God realizing Himself/Herself through me, because that is what I want rather than my previous life and state of mediocrity.

Shanti, I believe that the apparent conflict you experience between a former view of yourself and your emerging true self, will dissipate once you let go and decide wholeheartedly that you will have the courage to be what is true regardless of what it takes. And, it is very inspiring to read about all the love you find in your life! All the best!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Andrew,
One more thing that has been happening.. and this one really scares me.. I find it very important to be myself.. and not hold on to beliefs that I have had for years. I need to be truthful.. and not put up with wrong .. even though it is causing me a lot of trouble and pain in my life.. This one is so hard.. to actually live through pain.. just because I cannot afford to live another day in the wrong... and knowing full well.. it may change my life as I know it forever...But I cannot stop myself..

I knew Yoga changes people.. but I don't think I was expecting or ready for these two changes.. I am really exhausted mentally.. and I think accepting what is happening in my life would be better than to analyze it and question it... but if only it was that simple...

Hi

You know an old maxim in the western mystery tradition's is

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law ,Love under will

This has been severely misinterpreted for many years as do what you like. First you have to know your own true will which is of course the will of god.

Our inner silence puts us in touch with our true selves and our own true will and we must follow it.

Love is the law means that as god is love when you are experiencing it you are experiencing God that is why Love is the most poweful force in the Universe.

This can be so difficult for those of us who are tied to the rules of Culture and religion but we have to remember that the rules of culture and religion are written my men not god and there purpose is control of society. When you have found your own true will these rules and appear silly and pointless almost laughable at times I know, but so hard to break away from without causing pain to those around us.

In the end our own true will comes to the surface through our inner silence and a battle goes on within us between what we have been taught by society and what we know as truth, this can be painful very painful but is all part of the road to enlightenment.

Feel fortunate to have begun to have this knowledge for you are beginning to know your own will and by this know god.

Blessings Richard

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  12:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
quote:
I have been feeling an intense heart connection with everything and everyone... so much so that I think it is on the border line of being dangerous.. I have felt connections to people I would never dream of feeling connected to.. and I think people around have been picking up on this too (not sure if that is possible)...

What's so dangerous about this, sounds like a positive experience to me?
quote:

I have felt this way for a long time too, I make every effort in my life to only speak the truth. That doesn't mean walking up to people and telling them what I really think of them, but when asked a direct question, I speak from the heart to the best of my ability. I think it would ultimately cause a person a lot more trouble to not live their life this way rather than to be this way. It may seem turbulent at first, especially if you are concerned with the way people will react, but their reactions are their own and not your responsibility.
quote:

I believe when we make this commitment to awaken and know our true nature, we align ourselves with what is. Through this process, what is not consistent with our true nature falls away. This can be a scary process at times as you wake up some days no longer "knowing" who you are or how you will react in certain situations, but this is all part of the process of letting go. It smoothes out over time, embrace your fear, be with it and acknowledge it, it simply wants to be heard and this will help to dissipate it. When you welcome your fear, you will come to love the message it is trying to deliver which is always in your best interest.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~~

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I have been feeling an intense heart connection with everything and everyone...

Hello Shanti,
Its good to hear of these experiences... they need to be complimented with the knowledge that goes with the experience.
Shanti, there is only one SELF. Your connection is the expression of this... all this is the SELF. This is science of the SELF - Atma-vidya. This Atman people discuss is from 'ap' to pervade, to reach up. Some say from 'at' - to breathe. As this SELF pervades all and is the life-breath for all... some divide this into 3 areas of atma, prana and akasha - three in one ( called trivrt karana or three fold division)... yet it's the ONE SELF.

I am happy for you...

By the Grace of the SELF I see that most auspicious form .... Isha Upanishad

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Aug 27 2006 8:08:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000