Magic Touch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  5:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

I was always smarter (much smarter, as I later came to realize).

Just to challenge you--and myself--a little bit, my dear Anima, let me put before you a contemplative nugget that emotional intelligence is something worth factoring into the equation, especially for fellows like you and me, who are skilled in the craft of language and concepts, but are still learning to play the strings of the heartspace, which requires an intelligent finesse that surpasses our scholarly knowledge.

Love, my brothah!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2014 :  8:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bodhi for the post. I finally got my postnatal massage after reading this post.. Had been putting it off.
Great conversations

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  02:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those seeking spiritual partners of their calibre...

Of what possible use would that be? How would that help you grow?
Better to have a totally non-spiritual one and watch him/her smash our Equanimity to bits and then laugh at ourselves.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  03:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Better to have a totally non-spiritual one and watch him/her smash our Equanimity to bits and then laugh at ourselves.

as long as it doesnt end in a divorce
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  10:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

as long as it doesnt end in a divorce

I've watched more than one person come to know themselves on a deeper and more intimate level through a divorce, so, wouldn't necessarily say that a relationship that ended in divorce is less beneficial than a relationship that didn't. Definitely a difficult road to travel though I imagine.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  4:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I've watched more than one person come to know themselves on a deeper and more intimate level through a divorce, so, wouldn't necessarily say that a relationship that ended in divorce is less beneficial than a relationship that didn't. Definitely a difficult road to travel though I imagine.

Good point. I was married, and the best thing my wife ever did for me was leave me. Woke me right up! A splash of cold water to the face, and then boom!--I shifted gears and started to get my act together. Thankfully, we are still on good terms and can speak, hug, reminisce, etc.

The road is crooked. The path is winding. The spiral melts the boundaries of logic and well-laid plans.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Thanks, Bodhi for the post. I finally got my postnatal massage after reading this post.. Had been putting it off.
Great conversations

Sweet!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  02:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divorce is like any other bump on the road , it is an eye opener if we are willing to see and learn
i was just saying that deep down we all long for an easier road to travel
but it will happen as it is meant to happen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000