Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 White Tantric Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chhinnamasta

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  8:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chhinnamasta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would like to try white tantric yoga and I can't seem to find any classes. I see a WTY event here in Florida at the Winter Solstice in Lake Whales. However, it's expensive and seems very crowded.

I read somewhere that WTY cannot or should not be practiced at home. Why is this? I want to do this practice with my yoga teacher but I'm not sure if it must be practiced in a group with your partner, or why. If it has to be in a group setting, why is this?

Does anyone have any insight into this? I am not Sikh, but I have done Kundalini Yoga as my yoga teacher teaches this.

Edited by - Chhinnamasta on Sep 24 2014 8:29:29 PM

Chhinnamasta

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  5:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chhinnamasta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone here just does red? Ha.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  7:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha! Wish I could help!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  7:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The main principle of tantra (as taught by AYP) is to conserve and stimulate sexual energy so it can be directed to a higher ideal. Obviously, a tender and intimate subject. Best I can say is that by following that principle, I feel a deeper connection to the divine feminine. I still have a long way to go.

Best wishes on your path.
Go to Top of Page

Chhinnamasta

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2014 :  4:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chhinnamasta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks for the replies. :) I'm celibate so I'm trying to work with the sexual energy in other ways. Aka white Tantra. I did find http://www.aypsite.org/T9.html which is helpful.

Edited by - Chhinnamasta on Sep 26 2014 5:20:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  3:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I assume by white Tantra you mean right side Tantra which is the celibate side.I practice Kundalini Maha Yoga which is right side Tantra although I am not totally celibate and it is not required by my guru although he is. My teacher is also celibate and some of my fellow students.
I am not familiar with the course you are talking about so I don't know what their teachings consist of.As far as practicing in a group or at home it is an individual practice similar to AYP using the siddha mantra given by an enlightened guru.No matter what system you follow you certainly need guidance and support by an experienced teacher.
I hope this has helped.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  4:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Try playing a musical instrument. Can be very ecstatic. When the energy flows to the hands and feet, you know it's working.
Go to Top of Page

Chhinnamasta

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  5:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chhinnamasta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000