Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 qusetions - medation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  12:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi

For four months I have been practicing TM and I got a positive effectS, as increasing confidence, calm, social skills and joy and happiness, and negative effects, such as headaches, abdominal pains and easy Disconnect I stopped practicing TM and as of today it has been 92 days without TM.

Yesterday I started to practice the following technique:
I sit quietly, once or twice a day for five minutes or 10 or more (up to me).
I'm sitting with open eyes and look in different directions.
I listen to the inside - I give all the feelings, emotions, fantasies and thoughts to be - let them pass and pass.
I listened to all that was going through my body.
I let everything go effortlessly.
This technique generally effortless.
This kind of awareness of the body and myself.
I do not judge anything, and I give it all to not expect anything.
In the end I think it will help me in all aspects of life.
This method is like TM, but the difference between them is - tm has been done with eyes closed and used the mantra.
I have been practicing the technique for two days (two days now).
Indeed, I felt calm, but I felt the following: a sense of mild headaches, fatigue, a kind of detachment is easy and I feel kind of empty and empty thoughts.
I feel a kind of a particular dream (easy detachment).
Can be Htrnsndtalit I've practiced meditation for four months (now I'm 92 days in rehab) affects so.

Three questions:

1 This Mindfulness meditation?
What did you think about the system?
Is it beneficial to strengthening the confidence, calm and Elimination tensions and pains (stomach, head) of practising TM in the past?

2 Are adverse effects - mild headaches, fatigue, and easy disconnection and sort kind of dream (easy detachmentare) are danger?
What they stand for, what they show? What is it? is it release tension and stress on my body?
What they indicate? Negative, positive, dangerous?
Also, how long will negative consequences?

Would love to have all the answers as follows:
1 reply.
2 answer.

Thank you,

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 24 2014 4:16:27 PM

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  3:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi the man,

Question 1: It is and yes. Your technique reminds me of The Practice of the Neutral Witness found HERE

Questions 2: The effects could just be a sign that you are doing to much to quick. Try just 5 minutes and see how that works. It is a powerful technique. It can take week to months to know if it is time to increase ones practice.

Detachment could be a really good sign.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  4:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000