Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 the real story - Saving Lives
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  04:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi

i am 23 years old

I had difficulties in my childhood - at home I was a disturbed child who disturbs for his parents and bullied them and it's because of my stress, and I was a quiet kid out and stressed,i had very low social skills, self-confidence is very low and so on.
of the age of 19 I was looking for something that would help increase my skills socialize, confidence etc..
I started practicing the relaxation response of Dr. Benson - ambition .... Exhale ..... simple repetition of a mantra, "one" and so on.
Also, I practiced auto-suggestion to strengthen self-confidence.
Under the age of 22 I practiced meditation and autosuggestion (with substitutions of types at different times - how long it and how long it and how long the other).
From the age of 22 I discovered the- Transcendental Meditation.
I practiced Transcendental Meditation for four months.
I hurt and it helped me. Contribution was cognitively and social - memory, concentration, intelligence,self - confidence, friends. happy. it harm physically.
Examples of injury: abdominal pain, headache,easy detachment Therefore, I decided to stop the practice of MT.
Today I am 88 days in rehab.
Even if I just sit with your eyes closed for a few minutes, I went into a hypnotic state and detached from reality.
Today's negative phenomena still occur with TM, but at a lower level, and in particular easy detachment and abdominal pain and sometimes head and Coughs.
of 29/08/14 I found Auto-suggestion -
My thinking is positive thinking.
I do not know if it might help, but I'll try it. I do not know what to do, who knows how I cope.

Questions:

1 What do you think about Transcendental Meditation? This technique contributes? What is the evidence about me?

2 What do you think of my Autosuggestion "My thinking is positive thinking?" It will help strengthen more my self confidence, my relaxation and Eliminate all tensions and problems in my body - headaches, stomach aches, coughs etc?

3 What do you suggest I do?
What is your suggestion?
It is very important to me.
I can not get treatment in any of the hospital because my parents and their difficult financial situation.
Also, I do not work, but just learning.
What you offer me?
Please suggested which can be done at home.
I will be happy with the steps regarding details.

Please give me answers like this:

1 reply.
2 answer.
3 answer.

Reason: To order and organization and my understanding.
A huge thank you,

thank
the man

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 22 2014 1:38:26 PM

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  2:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi the man, and welcome

What are you in rehab for? Are you considering hospitalization for a condition?
One thing that helps a lot of us is to "self pace." For me, that means less and less practice right now. I don't know about transcendental meditation, but someone here may know more.

love and light
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  10:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree wiht Anima, we'd get a better picture if we knew the reason you are in rehab.
Is there any medical diagnostic you have been given?
And a third question: When you were doing TM, how many times a day and for how long were you meditating?
Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  11:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Anima Deorum and BlueRaincoat,

answers

1. i am in rehab because the reason - TM harmed to me physically -
abdominal pains, headache,easy detachment.
Therefore, I decided to stop the practice of MT.
Today I am 90 days in rehab.
Even if I just sit with your eyes closed for a few minutes, I went into a hypnotic state and detached from reality.
abdominal pains still remain.

2. there isnt any medical diagnostic i have been given.

3. i practised TM twice a day.
in each session i practised so - sometimes 5 min, sometimes 10 min, sometimes 15 min, sometimes 20 min, sometimes Combined - first session 5 min and second session 10 min and etc.
todays i practise only Auto-suggestion - My thinking is positive thinking.

3 quesions about my abdominal pains - 1. will my abdominal pains pass?

2. What technique do you recommend in order to eliminate my abdominal pains ?
please no Relaxation techniques - guided imagery, meditation: mantra and breathing, yoga and so on.
please write Connection technique, And no dissociation technique.

3. What do you think of my Autosuggestion "My thinking is positive thinking?" It will help strengthen more my self confidence, my relaxation and Eliminate all tensions and problems in my body - headaches, stomach aches, coughs etc?

please replay about my 3 questions.

thanks
the man
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  1:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  08:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. The abdominal pains - If the doctors have not found anything physically wrong with you, then it's likely they are to do with purification processes brought about by your previous meditation practice. So the aches and pains will go away.

2. Technique for eliminating my abdominal pains ?
I think what you mean by 'connection' is grounding, i.e. staying connected to the outside world - right? In this case walking, outdoors activities, physical exercise sand social activities are all good things to be doing. Some people do tai chi and chi gung for grounding purposes.

3. Yes, it's good to think positively. Your self-suggestion sentence is OK.
You shouldn't do too much of that either because it's a type of activity that takes your attention inwards - it's the opposite of grounding.

You are covering the medical side of things and it seems there isn't anything wrong with your health, so you have good reason to be positive. The aches and pains will pass. it happen to all of us to ran into some occasional discomfort due to yoga. It is just cleansing. You were unlucky to have a lot of it happening very suddenly, but everything will be fine.
It sounds like you are very sensitive to meditation and yoga in general. If you are ever tempted to take it up again, you will need to do a very small amount of practices and self-pace very carefully.

All the best. I hope you will feel completely recovered very soon.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000