AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Teotihuacán and places of power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  7:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I recently returned home from visiting the pyramids in Teotihuacán, Mexico and thought I would share my experiences.

I had the opportunity to learn some of the Toltec teachings at a 4 day retreat with Miguel Ruiz (author of the Four Agreements). What made the greatest impression on me, besides Miguel's tremendous wisdom and love, was how the Toltec wisdom teaches the same truths that we hear from all the world's great masters. The difference lay mainly in the words used to point to the truth and the tools taught to help us gain freedom from suffering.

In brief, the Toltec's teach us to become aware and hear how we judge and victimize ourselves and how our inner voice and thoughts lead us to suffer. The Toltecs use a variety of tools to help people escape from "the dream of hell" including using intent, truth, love, rituals, and places of power like the pyramids in Teotihuacán to increase our awareness and help us escape from our suffering.

The places of power had the greatest impression on me since I had not been aware that they could influence our inner working to such an extent. In Toltec tradition the entire grounds of Teotihuacán are used to bring particular awareness and help individuals escape from suffering. Each place had been used for centuries by the “Toltec masters” and designed, constructed and imbued with energy and intent to elicit certain "results" and truths in the seekers.

The first step was to go into a part of the ruins known as "hell" and become aware and face the major delusions of our thinking mind. We were then brought to a place known as "Tatitla" where we were given the opportunity to know our truths. Later a ceremony was used as we walked along the "Avenue of the Dead" where we shed our greatest delusions and fears being reborn to our present selves before arriving at the Pyramid of the Moon. The Pyramid of the Moon, represented the female aspect of creation and made my kundalini energy active beyond expectations. Finally, the final leg of the journey after experiencing chambers of profound depth and silence was linking with the male aspect of creation at the Pyramid of the Sun. The male energy here was palpable giving great strength and intent to complete the journey of awakening.

I was quite amazed the energy a sacred place like this could emit and the specific type of inner reactions each place would elicit. The experience having my energy immersed in a place of such profound silence and with the intent of the masters was a boon to my awareness. Apparently the pyramids in Egypt are designed in a similar way. Places like these can be a gift in the process of awakening does anyone know of any others?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  9:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow.. that must have been an awesome experience Andrew...
Thanks for sharing...
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  10:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great post Andrew, how adventurous!

What was it like to have a personal tour from Mr. Ruiz? What an opportunity.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  10:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Mexico, places of power, intent, rituals ... sounded like Don Juan and Castaneda. Magnetic! Do you carry back some of that energy experience or does it dissipate after you get back to the 'world'?

There are a number of such places, aren't there. But people's experience of them differs. The Himalayan belt, and some places there in particular are places of specific energy. There is supposed to be a 'hidden' place there, much disputed naturally, where all the great yogis and sages live. A sort of 'Shangri La' 100 times magnified.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,

It was not a personal one-on-one tour as there were approximately 50 people who participated, however it was a great experience to be around a clear mirror like Miguel Ruiz and to have his tremendous intent working on our behalf to help us see our true nature. He speaks with much silence and his words make a deep impression in the mind. I did have the opportunity to ask him some questions and was grateful that with just a few words he could shatter a delusional thought so effectively.

It was a great opportunity.

Hi Sadhak,

So far I observe that I have carried back the experiences or more specifically the awareness. Will it dissipate? One of the main reasons I share it is to solidify the experiences in my mind and to remember what I never want to forget again. By sharing it with others I clarify it in my mind. Now that I am back in my usual world I see many thoughts and old patterns come along that could easily take me away from myself but so far truth seems to be coming up and meeting each one.

Here's an example of one truth I perceived at "Tatitla":

I saw how the flow of life (energy) moves through us from root on up through our spinal nerve and the energy centers of the body. Emotional debris, grasping, labelling, defining etc. all impede this natural flow. By letting go and accepting what is, we can have this energy of life flow through us and when it does, this is our song (or in my case "Anthem").
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  12:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,
Great experience.
All of the temples I went in while in India had tremendous energies. Places like Nasik,Shirdi, Triambuk and I'm sure many others where saints have been consistently, will have similar energies.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000