AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Directing Prana with Mudras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  3:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey all, I've found, increasingly, that one can direct the flow of prana beyond the breath through mudras. Of course this is not news.

I've noticed that we move the breath through what we could call respiratory mudras: the engagement of the respiratory muscles. Hasta mudras or hand positions are not so different. The breath is only the movement of air with particular muscles, after all.

I wonder what experiences you've had with moving prana through hasta mudras?

Now I have no idea what I'm doing with mudras, kind of like a child playing with the control board at a nuclear reactor I suppose, yet since they are automatic and I've yet to experience overload from them, I figure its okay.

I'm curious if we can only direct our own internal prana or if in fact we can move prana externally. I suspect the latter.

Along with this comes sensations of what I suppose is termed feng shui in Asia, though I know little of this. But feeling the flow of external prana as well as internal. So I suspect that we can move the external prana with mudras as well.

What's been your experience?

Edited by - tonightsthenight on Aug 02 2014 3:16:43 PM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  07:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,

you can move both internal and external prana. the more you can move internal prana, the more you may move it externally.

Ways to move it:
-itention
-attention
-visualization
-feeling
-gestic, hand/finger-movements
-bodily moves in general
-breath

Prana is moving most complexly all the time. When you think, prana moves inside and outside your body, when you talk, it moves, when you smile it mvoes, when your eyes blink, prana moves. The degree you feel and see the movements, you can also influence them more consciously, in your body and outside of it.

E.g. when you do one round of DM, prana moves inside the body and in effect will move prana outside the body which moves life in a specific way. An intense practice session moves prana concentrately in a specific way in your body, causing tons of prana moving outside of the body forming the flow of life totally in exact flow, shape according to how it moves inside the body.

Therefor a good set of practices will transform life into paradise, inside and outside the body.

Everyone is moving prana in great amounts every moment. Mudras would be a little more precise and conscious movement. When it is automatic, then because it supports the lifeflow in a way your other practices has initiated.

So all fine, enjoy the experimentations ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000