Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  1:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Real Life

Feeling a little fuzzy, but that's nothing new. The third eye seems to be getting baked by the heat of consciousness as it sorts through the many layers that make up me. It's not overwhelming, just a little pressurized and intense.

I'm staying at my uncle's house and watching his dogs. He just had a brain tumor removed at Johns Hopkins. He and my aunt will be flying back soon, then I will go to northeast Georgia to be with my grandparents in the mountains. I will also go to Asheville to get a massage from a student at a massage school there. Hopefully, I will also be able to massage a couple students there to help fill my own course requirements.

It's been good to be on break from school. We're more than halfway through. The light at the end of the tunnel is visible, which is good timing, because I'm ready to jump ship from my office job. Ready to work with my hands in a more sensual way. Ready to be my own boss.

Prayer

More smoothness, less friction
Grant us the access to inner space
Let us be truly unbounded in movement
Let us be beyond the barriers of physicality
Let us be exactly who we are wishing to be

Reminders

The crux of enlightenment is achieving the full potential of body and mind. The crux of enlightenment is NOT dis-identification with the body and mind. To realize that one is beyond the personal body and mind does mean that one must deny the body and mind as a part of oneself. Rather, the body and mind are perceived to be extensions of oneself.

We are everything. We are truth, and we are delusion, and as truth, we can discern which parts of ourself are delusion (a diminished form of truth). Can't the pure light distinguish between the different colors it produces? Of course it can. Diversity holds the hand of singularity.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Aug 01 2016 1:46:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  1:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Bodhi! Halfway there.

I'm currently designing my own lazy girl sort of massage mat with an opening that you could lay on and insert different items in. I've got a few ideas, but it's early. I haven't bought materials yet.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  1:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I'm currently designing my own lazy girl sort of massage mat with an opening that you could lay on and insert different items in. I've got a few ideas, but it's early. I haven't bought materials yet.

Nice! I would definitely like to see the finished product. Enjoy the craftsmanship.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  3:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy your well deserved break. I want to go to Asheville someday to meet Ryan Kurczak.
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  3:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Sunyata you are such a kindred spirit! I am just watching Ryan's series on Vedic astrology. He seems to me very genuine.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The crux of enlightenment is achieving the full potential of body and mind. The crux of enlightenment is NOT dis-identification with the body and mind. To realize that one is beyond the personal body and mind does mean that one must deny the body and mind as a part of oneself. Rather, the body and mind are perceived to be extensions of oneself.

So true! The part of ecstatic conductivity I am enjoying most is how the physical sensations direct me to move, breathe, be; how the mind is transitioning from "party banter" into the voice of inner guru. Yoga is transitioning from something I did to something I am.

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 01 2016 4:23:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  4:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Prem

Oh Sunyata you are such a kindred spirit! I am just watching Ryan's series on Vedic astrology. He seems to me very genuine.

. He does. Deeply resonate with what he has to offer. I feel meeting him in person would be a divine experience.

I haven't explored his vedic astrology yet. I find myself agreeing to all he says yoga related.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  5:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou for the fellowship
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  11:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

So true! The part of ecstatic conductivity I am enjoying most is how the physical sensations direct me to move, breathe, be; how the mind is transitioning from "party banter" into the voice of inner guru. Yoga is transitioning from something I did to something I am.

You're in the zone. Becoming a god-man.

@Sunyata and Prem

Maybe I can meet this Ryan K. in the flesh. I will put the desire out there. (Although, to be honest, I would probably want to meet him mainly to impress both of you, since I'm not super-interested in Vedic astrology. Then again, he probably does emit pretty good vibes of ecstatic bliss, so perhaps it is a win-win situation for me to seek an audience with him. This is how my mind works. Such is the logic of a bliss junkie. )

@Kumar

The gratitude is heartily shared, compadre.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  09:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

@Sunyata and Prem

Maybe I can meet this Ryan K. in the flesh. I will put the desire out there. (Although, to be honest, I would probably want to meet him mainly to impress both of you, since I'm not super-interested in Vedic astrology. Then again, he probably does emit pretty good vibes of ecstatic bliss, so perhaps it is a win-win situation for me to seek an audience with him. This is how my mind works. Such is the logic of a bliss junkie. )

Vedic astrology is his profession. He has been meditating for a long time. That would be impressive if you met him. Tell him I said Namaste- if you get the opportunity to meet him.

I consider him younger version of Yogani minus Yogani's sweetness.
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  1:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy your break, Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  2:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoyed all writings on this page
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  01:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Asheville, NC

After receiving my massage, I walked up to the front desk, and the attendant looked at me and said: "Blissed out?" She said it in such a matter-of-fact, casual way, and though her words were phrased like a question, it was clear that she already knew the answer to her question. She could undoubtedly tell I was blissed out. She merely wanted to give me the opportunity to affirm her perception. So, I replied with a smile: "Oh yeah, definitely." She asked me if I wanted to make another appointment, but I told her I was from Florida and only there for a few more days visiting my grandparents.

After leaving the school, I reflected more on the experience. The demeanor of the attendant had been the cherry on top. I can't fully communicate how enthralled I was by her coolness—her lovely and fierce silence. And when I met her eyes, and looked into the blue windows of her soul, she effortlessly returned my gaze, and it was that kind of perfect stillness that needs no proof or explanation. There is simply an unspoken knowingness. Any words that emanate from such knowingness are simply decorative and secondary to the connection.

The actual therapist had been really fantastic, especially for a student who hadn't even graduated or obtained a license yet. During the session, I was taking mental notes and making sure I could steal as many of her moves as possible. She was very fluid and mixed things up quite a bit. I thought: The training here is definitely superior to what I'm getting. No bother, there will always be more opportunities to learn and apply tricks of the trade. I was not disconcerted in the least. I was eager to absorb the new tactile knowledge.

Later, I went to an upscale tea house nearby. The waitress brought me a menu and a small bell. She told me to ring the bell when I was ready to order. I said: "I feel like I'm in England. This is old school." She giggled. After perusing the options for a few minutes, I rang the bell and she sauntered back over to my table. I asked her for some clarifications and suggestions, and she warned me that the raw, vegan cookie stuffed full of cacao wasn't like a warm, soft brownie from childhood. She emphasized: "It's really raw." I countered: "Well, what do you have that is more like a childhood brownie?" She recommended the Chocolate Truffle Torte. I accepted immediately. I also ordered some bubble tea and responded to some texts from a couple friends. One friend was reporting the relapse of an AA veteran. Another was inviting me to Canada for a fishing and camping trip.

I drove back to Georgia, with my newly bought radar detector turned off. I didn't need to watch out for cops, because I wasn't speeding (much). I let my mind run, with its contemplations, monologues, memories, and forecasts of the future. Perpetually witnessing the scenery, inside and out. Catching some stillness, here and there.

[A couple days ago, my brother and I went to a waterfall, then I climbed it].
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  02:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like the pictures in your journal of today Bodhi, interesting places, it would be nice to do a study in that school, like the Ayurveda for instance. For me Ayurveda is pulling, to get more knowledge of it is valuable, I started with a book.
Enjoy your break, stay in the bliss as long as possible.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 06 2016 03:00:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the world is truly blessed place to be
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  07:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mentioning blissed out reminds me how I felt all day yesterday with this unexplained smile on my face all day. (i know what it was from but other people would think I am crazy). Who knows maybe I am. Lol

I think I found the meditation high again. Lol

Edited by - JR8036 on Aug 06 2016 09:13:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  09:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divine trip~ blissful massage, divine presence, tea house & waterfall. The pictures added to the writing. Thank you for sharing the bliss.

Second kumar's comment~joy to be in this world.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  4:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No better place to ground than moving water in nature
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  7:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

For me Ayurveda is pulling, to get more knowledge of it is valuable, I started with a book.

Same here. I think there's much to be learned from Ayurveda. Keep us posted about what you discover.

Kumar JR Sunyata Dogboy
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shift

I will now continue my journal in the AYP Plus forum only. To me, AYP Plus represents a new level of commitment and devotion to these practices, and to enlightenment. It is a matter of investment. I have already yielded some great results from AYP, and that momentum needs to be sustained and even accelerated (self-pacing applied). This kind of progress requires investment.

It's not just about taking. It's about giving back. Only through reciprocation do we become whole. Only through the flow of back-and-forth exchange do we become complete. Unity is a dance in which all participants must be engaged. AYP Plus and AYP Teacher Training are setting the stage for improved stillness in action. I'm happy to be signed up for both. (And I have set up AYP for Recovery for anyone who wants to make a transition from using drugs and alcohol).

In Plus, I will continue to write in a journalistic fashion that reports visceral details from my personal life. I will also write poetically, philosophically, humorously, and in any other way that the Spirit calls me to do. I deeply appreciate everyone who has played along and contributed their own writing. You have fed my addiction to ecstatic bliss, and I hope I have fed yours in turn.

A writer with no reader is the epitome of misery. A writer with a happy audience is the luckiest man alive.

So, I'll see you in Plus!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  9:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You do what you want. I'll email you.

Edited by - lalow33 on Aug 07 2016 9:33:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  10:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see how it is he's trying to run from me!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  02:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote Bodhi Tree,
quote:
In Plus, I will continue to write in a journalistic fashion that reports visceral details from my personal life. I will also write poetically, philosophically, humorously, and in any other way that the Spirit calls me to do. I deeply appreciate everyone who has played along and contributed their own writing. You have fed my addiction to ecstatic bliss, and I hope I have fed yours in turn.

Bodhi I'll make a bow for you, and as yogi it is a deep bow (uttanasana) give you flowers, a big hug and thank you for your contribution to my bliss
I will follow you like a writers groupie

PS and let's not forget your contribution to my knowledge of English words.

Edited by - Charliedog on Aug 08 2016 04:14:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  06:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  07:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are a gifted writer.Keep writing. Happy to be your audience.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000