New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  09:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
reminds me of the film the usual suspects, whos keyser soze ?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  10:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LMAO. Exactly. You hit the nail right on the head.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  11:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And who is Keyser Soze?

The person you least expect.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi, one of the other students is Rob? One of the stories sounds familiar. Anyway, best of luck with your schooling.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  10:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No Robs in the massage class, but I do have a couple other friends named Rob, and there are certainly some similarities.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  01:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your observations are wonderful I almost sometimes feel I am living your life side by side
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

I almost sometimes feel I am living your life side by side

Excellent! That's my goal, and that's why I like to write anecdotally. Thank you for reading, and I'm glad the realness of the story is coming through. Your feedback is part of my fuel.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Soft now
Quiet inside

The soothing darkness of the night descends upon us
The ancient lull of the crickets purrs continously
Their mantra is married to silence

Nothing I could ever say, or do, would prove to you exactly what I am trying to prove to you
Anything I say, or do, would prove to you exactly what I am trying to prove to you

In my mechanically air-conditioned mind, set to the agreeable temperature, I bypass the wild Florida heat of the exterior
Upon my cushioned foam mattress, I distance my body from the dirt and insects and decaying leaves

To write is my lifeblood. As indispensable as breathing. More vital than money. More precious than valuable stones.
The luxury of being direct, or indirect. The privilege of cloaking myself in malleable meaning.

Where do we come from, and where are we going?

. . .

The water sounds like it's kissing the rocks—a light lapping against the barnacles. No crashing of waves. Just soft, liquid touch.

We have just finished a meditation session and are lying on our backs.

Two cops shine their flashlights on us. They tell us the park is closed. They walk us to our cars. One cop asks me: "Are you a massage therapist? I saw a book in your car." I confirm to him that I am in school. He then says: "Let me ask you...what if you have to massage another guy? You see, my brother was in Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay and couldn't relax when he got assigned to a male therapist." I sigh and chuckle a little bit and talk about intentions and boundaries, and how massage is not just for sensuality, but for athletic stetching and other things. He kind of gets the picture.

The same inquisitive cop shakes my hand, and gives my friend and me hints on how to continue to use the park at night. He says we can park in a different lot and still walk along the beach. I guess he is sympathetic to our cause.

The Blues Brothers once said: "We're on a mission from God." And they also said: "We're getting the band back together."
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Nothing I could ever say, or do, would prove to you exactly what I am trying to prove to you
Anything I say, or do, would prove to you exactly what I am trying to prove to you

In my mechanically air-conditioned mind, set to the agreeable temperature, I bypass the wild Florida heat of the exterior
Upon my cushioned foam mattress, I distance my body from the dirt and insects and decaying leaves

To write is my lifeblood. As indispensable as breathing. More vital than money. More precious than valuable stones.
The luxury of being direct, or indirect. The privilege of cloaking myself in malleable meaning.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  11:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do hope this AYP Sanctuary happens. I could visit in about five yrs.. I want a massage while I'm there!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  5:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I do hope this AYP Sanctuary happens.

Me too. Just gotta stay the course and keep our eyes on the prize.

quote:

I could visit in about five yrs.. I want a massage while I'm there!

You got it!
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  6:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Just soft, liquid touch.

Trickling seamlessly through silence caressing every awakening cell as they dissolve into stillness.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  7:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Soft now
Quiet inside

The soothing darkness of the night descends upon us
The ancient lull of the crickets purrs continously
Their mantra is married to silence

very nice bodhi

quote:

The Blues Brothers once said: "We're on a mission from God." And they also said: "We're getting the band back together."

Yes!

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  10:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhi
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 17 2016 :  11:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I was leading the normal meditation session in my class, and we had a little discussion beforehand. On the chalkboard, our teacher had written a quote from Charlie Chaplin: "You need power only when you want to do something harmful. Otherwise, love is enough to get everything done." So, I asked the class what they thought about the meaning of power, and its relationship to love.

One of the first comments came from a hearty young woman who lives on a farm with her family. She said: "I don't really understand the quote, because to me, love is the same as power." I smiled inwardly, but held my tongue so that the rest of the class could keep stirring the pot of collective inquiry.

There were some very insightful perspectives that came forth, and I kept moderating for a while longer. Finally, I steered the conversation back to the original comment about love being synonymous with power. I said: "I want to share something from AYP—big surprise," to which they laughed, since I'm prone to referencing AYP regularly. One woman joked: "I'm surprised you're not earning commissions." Anyway, I finally said: "All emotion is the power of love." Then I expounded upon that theme, explaining how even anger and hatred are unrefined forms of love.

Another female classmate was taken aback by that premise, because she had recently gotten out of an abusive marriage, and didn't see how her partner's violence could be a form of love. So, I delicately talked about my own experience with abuse in my family, and how that every perpetrator still possesses an inner goodness that is waiting to come through. I also quickly clarified that I wasn't condoning any form of violence, and that tough love is very important when there is a need to draw boundaries and distance oneself from an abusive relationship. I applauded her transformation and movement away from the past dynamic.

The meditation went smoothly, and though the woman was a little shaken up, we comforted her, and by the afternoon, she was in good spirits.

More and more, I come to appreciate the sentiments of "standing on the shoulders of giants." Because I can constantly draw from AYP, it gives me a strong foundation to appear in a public capacity. At the same time, there is a small amount of AYP language and style that I divert from (witness/identity stuff, for instance), so that's where the baseline with modifications approach is useful.

Small steps.
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  1:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the reasons I love reading your thread is that your emotional orientation seems very different from mine... you are outgoing and everything is on the table, full of life and movement - I am more quiet and often serious - so i find your perspective fresh and inspiring. And I just like seeing similar essences expressed so differently yet still carrying the similarity. (not sure that's clear but hope you know what i mean.)

Also... do you know what lesson it is that talks about all emotion being love??
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  1:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beehive this is a good one.

Lesson 340 - Transforming Emotional Energy for Enlightenment

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/340.html

Edited by - Samadhi on May 18 2016 1:20:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  4:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi,
You are going to have to teach people that have a different point of view. The AYP language is for a very broad range of practitioners.

(I still get the massage, right?)
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  4:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

thank you...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  8:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Beehive

One of the reasons I love reading your thread is that your emotional orientation seems very different from mine... you are outgoing and everything is on the table, full of life and movement - I am more quiet and often serious - so i find your perspective fresh and inspiring. And I just like seeing similar essences expressed so differently yet still carrying the similarity. (not sure that's clear but hope you know what i mean.)

You are crystal clear, Beehive.

Not a day goes by that I don't feel a swell of gratitude for being able to blabber away on this forum about my trivial adventures, and the fact that you might glean some amusement and even inspiration from my meandering narrative makes it doubly satisfying and enjoyable. To me, writing is an art, and art is incomplete without a receptive viewer, listener, reader, and most importantly, co-participant.

I will keep plugging away here until a) I get banned, b) the website gets shut down, or c) I stumble into fame and fortune and me ego swells to magnanimous proportions.

In the event that option c) is my destiny, I will be sure to write about AYP and the forums in my memoir, which will surely make the New York Times Bestseller List.

Kidding! I'll keep firing away here no matter what happens—rich, poor, in sickness or in health, 'til death do us part! Plus, merely knowing that my words get seen by the man behind the curtain—the Wizard of Oz himself—is enough to sustain me all the way until he bows out of the production, guaranteed.

So, thank you for making my writing whole, complete, and ecstatically blissful, Beehive.

quote:

Bodhi,
You are going to have to teach people that have a different point of view. The AYP language is for a very broad range of practitioners.

So true. AYP is very inclusive and easily translatable to multiple traditions and personalities.

quote:

I still get the massage, right?

Absolutely! I'm totally committed to following through. Shall we draft up a contract and sign it in blood—just to make it a little epic and medieval?

quote:
Originally posted by Samadhi

Bingo. That's where the power-of-love quote comes from. Good eye, Samadhi.

And just to top it off, here's some Huey Lewis to affirm that reality via a little musical transmission called The Power of Love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NMph943tsw
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  10:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know about the liquid air? It glistens like ripples of water reflecting light.
Do you know about the watery consciousness that permeates all of space? It flows far beyond the dams of physicality.

The mind is drenched in memory. The heart is soaked with desire.

When the cup is empty, it becomes full of potential.
When the cup is filled with drops of actuality, the reservoir of potential (from which the drops come) retains its limitless scope—holding the drops with perfect equanimity.

There are so many ways to stroke a person's skin, their muscles, their deep and superficial tissue. Effleurage, pétrissage, friction, tapotement, vibration. Tapping, pincement, hacking, cupping, pounding, clapping, diffused pressure. And much more. There are techniques that are yet to be named, and they all have one common denominator, and that is touch.

Oh yes, we were talking about the liquid air, and how it moves through fingers to communicate important messages full of meaning.

You know, the blueprints of the body are hieroglyphics written by God, and the meridians point to routes that traverse cosmic planes. And did the Mapmaker invent Pangaea so it could break into pieces and compel its inhabitants to build bridges across the oceanic gaps that exist in between?

I was once in love with a woman, and I wrote to her: "I explore the geography of your body with knowledge of your soul." I think I was drunk on some Belgian Trappist ale at the time, and I didn't truly know how to explore her body at all, but the words sure felt good flying off my fingers and onto the keyboard. Now, maybe I can bring it full circle and live up to my idealistic proclamation. Or maybe I'm just a romantic prospector who missed his chance at the Gold Rush.

. . .

Earlier today, in class, one of my classmates (the video gamer who dropped out of the Marines) shed some tears during our group feedback session. The Ukrainian man had been a little rough around the edges with his feedback to him, and the poor boy just started to crumble. Some of the women were very motherly to him, and I told him that he was brave for revealing his emotions and opening up. Our teacher asked us all to do a group hug, which we did. He cheered up a little, but he decided to take the rest of the day off, and to think about if he wants to stay in the class.

Four other students also dropped out earlier this week—whittling our class down from 19 to 15. The main reason for the exodus was due to an academic struggle with the ongoing anatomy and physiology tests we take on a weekly basis. I was very sad to see one woman in particular leave. She is very sweet, and has wonderful touch, but the academics were too overbearing for her.

. . .

Tonight, in my office, I heard some bone-chilling screams from a woman in the hall who had just found out that her son had been killed in a motorcycle accident. I've never heard a scream so piercing. It cut right through me. I stepped into the hall when I first heard her shrieking, and looked at her agony. She was surrounded by a few co-workers who were giving her space to process the shock and the tragedy. She would scream, then sob and take heaving breaths, then scream again. That went on for a short while. Eventually, they took her outside and drove her to the scene of the accident.

. . .

These things happen.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  01:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Writing this without sentiment could only be done by the Witness you Cody for who you are and what you do here.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  05:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  05:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Do you know about the liquid air? It glistens like ripples of water reflecting light.
Do you know about the watery consciousness that permeates all of space? It flows far beyond the dams of physicality.

The mind is drenched in memory. The heart is soaked with desire.

When the cup is empty, it becomes full of potential.
When the cup is filled with drops of actuality, the reservoir of potential (from which the drops come) retains its limitless scope—holding the drops with perfect equanimity.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  6:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Writing this without sentiment could only be done by the Witness you Cody for who you are and what you do here.

That's very reassuring, Marjoleine. Thank you. The Witness in me honors the Witness in you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000