Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  03:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

since starting my practice i really have tried to steer clear of anything not sattvic ,foods ,films ,situations ,and my life is much happier i am not oblivios nor ignorant of the pitfalls of man but feel that to dwell or have theses impressions reaffirmed is not good for my path ,there are too many wonderful and inspiring things to watch see do that anything that does not lead me to light i keepaway from ,it is just one part of my practice to live a life looking at the clouds and not the television but this is for me and i wouldnt tell anybody else what to do,all impressions on the canvas of our minds stay but some leave a hangover depending on how sensitive you are many blessing to you

Thank you Kumar, same here, it is a choice, that changed my life in positive way

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 23 2015 06:08:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  03:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

@Charliedog
On that note, check out two films by Ron Fricke: Baraka, and Samsara. They are stunning films with no spoken word--only ambient music and beautiful landscapes.

Thanks Bodhi, I will check the films out and I am happy to hear that the violence affects you,

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 23 2015 06:08:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  03:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't sleep. A myriad of thought-streams parade through my mind. The air glistens holographic. My cup runneth over.

I was dancing tonight. I was ecstatic like a spring-loaded, super-charged bumble bee. Buzzing in every single muscle and releasing desires into the akashic field with that rhythmic effortlessness that has come as a result of diligent samyama training. What monsters you are creating, Yogani!

The divine feminine came to me tonight. In the form of a real Earth woman. She clarified and validated the whole purpose of my existence. How? Through her movement. We molded our bodies together and swayed slowly to the percussion of the dance beat. She gave me the gift of her touch, and with joy and reciprocal passion, I used finesse and dexterity to let divine love pour out through my hands, legs, fingers, hips, lips, shoulders, and you understand the wholeness I speak of.

Embracing her in stillness, as she fell back into my arms on the dance floor, I thought: the gods are shining gracefully upon us. And I knew: this will not last, but She will return again.

How masterful and insanely delightful She is! How seductive and perfectly curved She conducts Herself! How many fools have missed the clues and hints and disregard the obviousness of Her power?!

The beauty is devastating. No amount of residual horror could stop me now. There is no more room for doubt of the mission--not that it ever was that complicated. I merely had to stop trying to outsmart it. All I needed to do was play the cards as they were dealt.

I don't take simplicity for granted anymore. I cherish it and hold the principle to its highest value. Many have led the way; many will follow. To fathom the scope of the journey is not necessary, and painfully impossible. To dance with simplicity is easily done, and improved upon with subtle gestures.

Now I will lament the distance between us, and celebrate the distance between us. The gap of the heart space turns out to be merciful. The maestro behind the curtain, flickering his baton and shooting out signals for symphonies...he is calling to Her. And She has heard his call.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divine writing
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  01:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
kumar Charliedog
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2015 :  9:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,
I know you talk of a Holographic nature of reality, sometimes I experience (visually) this phenomem with certain people. Just wondering if you can expand upon this.

I read a scientific theory recently that supports this.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2015 :  10:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure. Some holographic activity was actually happening last night too.

I was once again trying to sleep, but I was flooded with a bunch of images of my ex-wife. She felt closer to my heartspace than she had been in quite some time, and the memories and feeling of her presence were undeniably palpable. So I messaged her this morning, and it turns out she had just flown into New York City after spending a half-year in Israel. I knew she had been over there, but I didn't know when she was returning. So, it made total sense that I was inundated with all those images and feelings, because she was getting closer, both physically and emotionally.

A hologram is a packet of incredibly dense light, in which a single part can branch off and still retain the entirety of its source. Holograms also have the quality of being very malleable, even though they keep the original image in tact. Her holographic image was appearing vividly in my mind's eye--at first as a memory, then more like a real-time extension of her physical body.

Then, earlier this afternoon, I had texted a friend in Michigan (I'm in Florida) with a question, and quite some time had passed without a response. Suddenly, I had a premonition of what his answer would be, and literally 5 seconds later, a text showed up with that exact answer. (My question was: What is the central focus of all your angles? His answer was: Love).

So, there is this collective consciousness uniting our individual minds, and we have access to the Big Hologram, through stillness (and slightly above That in the level of Being is the akashic field). That's why Yogani has written:

"One hundred thousand years to cross our galaxy at the speed of light? We can meet on the other side right now, and be back again in an instant. The universe is our playground when we are reborn in the divine flow resulting from the marriage of abiding inner silence and our ecstatic awakening. We are here, everywhere, and nowhere. Free!" [http://www.aypsite.org/399.html]
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  11:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"One hundred thousand years to cross our galaxy at the speed of light? We can meet on the other side right now, and be back again in an instant. The universe is our playground when we are reborn in the divine flow resulting from the marriage of abiding inner silence and our ecstatic awakening. We are here, everywhere, and nowhere. Free!" [http://www.aypsite.org/399.html]

This explains a lot...
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  12:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Perfect timing to confirm today :)

Bodhi- I just read your post from 6/26/15. You are a spiritual Romeo. And this is a compliment.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  4:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

This explains a lot...

Doesn't it!? That's one of my favorite lessons by far.
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

You are a spiritual Romeo. And this is a compliment.

I accept!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  12:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, Bodhi! I relate to your experience of the world as a hologram.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  8:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the wild Chattooga River in the mountains of Northeast Georgia today. There's a swimming spot near a class 5 rapid called Bull Sluice. I've paddled down it before, both in a group raft and in an individual duckie.

I got there at a good time, because a string of rafts was going down. I swam out to the middle and perched myself on a rock very close to the rapid. I watched four rafts go down--each unique in the way they handled the waves. One of the boats flipped completely and launched the captain high into the air. What a sight to watch close up! He turned out to be fine. The pool at the foot of the rapids is pretty forgiving.

After the rafts went down, a nimble teenager started to jump off a rock directly into the rapid. He was frolicking like a ballerina across what looked like very turbulent and dangerous spots. Naturally, I sought his consultation as to how he was doing it. I followed his lead and was able to jump off the rock in a pretty safe way. What exuberance! Falling into the roaring current and being swept away by water-rocketed propulsion is a feeling of active surrender.

Later there was a radiant Southern woman wearing a Confederate Flag bikini. She was swimming around with her pit bull, and they jumped off the rock together. That dog was fearless, as was she. She carried herself with such strength and poise. She was so fluid and robust as she moved through the river, and her smile was gigantic. I asked her about her dog and complimented them. I left a little later and cursed myself for not talking to her more. Then I did a bunch of samyama for her and that eased my remorse.

There's so much beauty. So much stunning grandeur in the simplest forms of nature. I just want to keep merging. To merge and merge endlessly. To give every shred of my soul, and to be open to receive whatever is worthy and needed. At times the thirst is exasperating, but the practices and release into stillness help modulate the desire. It's a blissful pain.

One more day in Paradise.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  9:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How did you ever top yourself in purest prose, Bodhiboy? I was there too, riding the rafts of your words
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  9:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi~You have an interesting life. Every week is a new adventure. Keep sharing
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  10:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy! Sunyata! We gotta keep this train rollin', gotta keep this blood flowin', gotta let stillness move us.

Thank you for cheering me on. Your words also elevate me.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  02:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi,

Yesterday I read this,

Try you looking and the whole universe seeing. -Rumi

In my eyes, your writings describe so beautiful both views, as well as the switching moments.
One day we will merge and be complete stillness in action. Love all moments of now. As you say, Paradise is Now. Thank you for sharing your moments..

edit; wording.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 08 2015 09:37:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  10:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the Rumi quote, Charliedog. And thank you for reading and sharing your perspective as well...stillness in action.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope that you understood what I was saying, I did not mean that you can use the quote. It came in my mind, while reading. You are very gifted that you can describe your life like this, that is what I mean.
At this moment I am very insecure with my words, it can be read in so many ways.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  8:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're totally perfect, my darling! I read it as you intended. All good.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2015 :  5:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The rice around the sushi...it's sticky to the touch, and to the tongue. A very thin layer of seaweed insulation encapsulates the cold cucumber and cubes of tuna. Everything is marine. Everything is chill.

There's something preferable about the rawness. Something pure. It brings one a little closer to the ocean, a little closer to the ground.

We, with predatory tendencies, harvest the creatures of the primordial water. The soup of life teems with underwater eyes and tough, nutritious skin.

These fragmentary sentences are sputtered out profusely, like a sea lion bleeding happily into the ice, making slush out of the shavings.

Then there is the sleepy euphoria of digestion. Then there is the fog and the price of absorption.

My heartbeat travels to different places. It could be anywhere, at anytime.

How much longer before they notice that I'm almost asleep?

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Jul 14 2015 5:40:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  8:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...granularity...

G limpses of diamonds radiating with sparkling and terrifying brilliance
R are pieces of magical and seductive stones mined from a hidden mountain
A rtistic shimmers in the fabric of spacetime
N ever-ending stories told from the bosom of a goddess
U ndulating waves that pulsate with bits of phosphorescent water
L ayers upon layers of wealth and meaning
A nimals of the forest wearing in-grown clothing
R omeo and Juliet got married and never died
I tsy-bitsy spiderwebs spun from the silk of wisdom
T extures that provoke feeling and spacious contemplation
Y outh and vitality in abundant shreds of grass and greenery
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  02:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
....Life.....

Love
I AM
Full
Existance

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  06:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
E S
L R
E O
V T
A A
T V
O E
R L
S E

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  07:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000