AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Energy blocks and relaxation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  07:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
Some of you know that I've had a lot of problems in dealing with energetic blocks.
I used to think that they came from other people, and it took me many years to find out that they didn't.
My blocks are my own.
Now I see it like this:
My body/mind perceived other people's energy, and thought it would get hurt. That made it go rigid, and tense up. Experience of pain, of being stuck, well - many different experiences came up as a result.
What I found to really help and clear it through is - to relax. To see that it is just a block. People may feel what they feel, but what is hurting me is just my block. Subconscious belief I will get hurt.
That makes my body/mind believe it needs to defend, and makes it rigid - hence the block.
If I let it go, I do not hurt anymore. It helps me when I come to the block with a relaxing intention, and to really own it. If there is still a part of me that believes it comes from another, then I am scared and defensive and it is hard to relax.

Martial arts helped me see this. It is natural to tense up in conflict and forget to relax and to 'drink up' the energy that comes your way. When you relax, everything changes, just like with these blocks .

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by - Mykal K on Jun 03 2014 08:08:39 AM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2014 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My blocks are my own.

yep...it is all inside us!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2014 :  10:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please forgive me for saying this. I know I am new on the path and a lot to learn. But are you familiar with Real Love by Greg Baer?

I loved The Work by Byron Katie. The tough part was accepting what is. I also always judged people in my head. Fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, nice pants or ugly pants. That book Real Love taught me I was judging people because I was looking at what people can do for me. With unconditional love it becomes what can i do for them and the judgements have gotten less is a really short time.

It is also taught me that people are just looking for love. Sometimes, often we use protecting behavior to push people away from our hurts or to make them love us in the way we need love (What Is). For example you stayed out all night. I am now going to yell at you until you start to treat me the way I want to be treated. Real Love isn't that way.

Long story short, the hardest lesson seems to be to love ourselves. The book is helping me learn to really Love unconditionaly for the first time in my life.

My favorite line from the book is:

"If you are mad at someone you are wrong."

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2014 :  04:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jonesboy,
nothing to forgive.
Your post is appreciated.
Thank you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000