Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Why I have stopped Amaroli
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  12:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing amaroli for about a year or so now (8 oz first thing in the morning) so it has not be a casual experiment. For a long time I felt no problem though it was hard to tell the benefits. Then after some months I started to get watering of my eyes. started with the right eye and then eventually involved both. I couldn't find an irritant and a doctor could give me no answer either. I also started feeling that I was slowly feeling a bit "soggy" inside and losing my appetite. Foods that I had always enjoyed didn't really satisfy and I didn't know why. The intense summer heat didn't help much either and drinking water didn't feel like it was helping relieve the discomfort.
Well two days ago I decided to try dicontinuing Amaroli to see if it made any difference. Today I could feel my eyes draining and they have not watered much at all during the whole day. My appetite for food also returned and I feel a sense of well being inside that I had forgotten or had thought I had lost. So I guess at this time Amaroli is not for me.
My interpretation is diet for the most part, or maybe just individual constitution. I was taught years ago that Amaroli should only be practiced by someone eating a low protein vegetarian diet. My diet is not vegetarian and I do eat quite a bit of protein but I had thrown caution to the winds and did it anyway. Well, I am not against Amaroli per se but do feel that I want to include this experience as part of the information on this practice. I may be premature to come to any conclusion yet but the difference in the eyes alone has convinced me that the practice was indeed responsible for these changes.

Edited by - Victor on Aug 17 2006 12:31:12 AM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  02:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this, Victor.

If you ever decide to go back to it, try eating less protein to experiment. I just wrote a decent sized essay on amaroli in the Satsang Cafe section. I hope you check it out, because it does point to answers on why the meat eating higher protein diet wouldn't work.

I also have experienced a diminishing of appetite as a result of changing physiology. Interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, Victor, I thought you have been practicing it for a long time. May be after some months, try it again with a smaller amount??? 8 oz sounds quite a lot.....

Urine does contain a small amount of toxins. If the claimed benefits of amaroli is really due to hormesis, then reducing it to the right amount with enough trigger for our immune system and small enough so as not to overburden our body may be the way.

By the way, I have been slowly building up the amount I take, for a few weeks. But I've stopped at aound 10-20ml since my inner sense tells me that taking more will probably hurt me, causing symptoms like brain fog...... in this case, though, I don't want to try proving it by drinking a lot for many days!

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Aug 17 2006 11:06:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  11:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,
Maybe indeed it isn't for you, but I agree with Alvin that it might be worth trying it on a smaller dose. Alternatively it might be worth just giving it a rest, another form of self-pacing.

Some bodies have definite quirks. If I take mint tea regularly, after a few weeks I start to get symptoms similar to yours. I haven't known or heard of such a thing from anyone else. It only goes away then when I stop it.

Cheers,
-D
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  6:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking that I will abstain from amaroli for a week and if my symptoms subside will then try again at half dosage to see. Yoga is all about HOW you do the practice, not just doing something
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  12:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I have been back up to 4 oz a day and so far so good. No problems
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  9:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I discovered this topic after reading through various threads and also researched many websites. Doctor Armstrong's TB Case, as well as the many people he helped, was particularly interesting. Along with the various Spiritual Teachings that engaged in this practice for thousands of years. And I was REALLY surprised at the numerous health benefits of urine therapy, amaroli. So, I decided to give it a go today and tried it. I'm not sure of the amount, but it was probably close to a couple of tablespoons, but the taste didn't bother me and it was sort of exciting, like exploring uncharted territory, although the aftertaste was: So, I brushed my teeth, gargled, and all is well.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone felt differently physically, spiritually or whatever - after doing this for time?

Strange that I was able to drink my own urine, but couldn't snip my tongue. Heh, go figure: Guess I wasn't ready for Kechari Mudra or, more aptly, it didn't feel right. Who knows.

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Oct 13 2006 9:25:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  10:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL,
You will find more info on amaroli in these threads
Anyone here practicing Amaroli?
amaroli -- dosage and concentration

Cheers...
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  12:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Shanti! I'll check out the threads:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000