AYP Helpers
 AYP podcast?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  2:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering if there has ever been discussion of the creation of an official AYP podcast? Might be a good way to get the AYP word out.

I've even seen some websites where they just read featured articles from their blog. The same could be done with some of the key lessons.

Some podcasts I am listening to now are little more than an archive, not regularly updated or even updated in a couple years.

I'd love to get something more ongoing current from AYP, but I realize the time involved. Costs are pretty much zero, you can set up a podcast for free with free tools. It might be a bit more tricky without a blog or RSS feed integrated into the AYP site, but there are tools for this as well. Perhaps Yogani could offer a subscription-based podcast level to raise operating funds? I've seen some podcasts do a free version and an extended subscriber version.

At the very least, a free, static content podcast with perhaps the Key Lessons in the sidebar might be something to consider for a starting place.

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  5:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think an AYP podcast is a great idea, Yogaman.

You might be interested in CarsonZi's and trip1's podcast, Seek and Destroy. It's current, high quality, and pretty badass.

Their input might be valuable to you as well.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  08:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogaman:

There is going to be a lot of audio and video in the "AYP Plus" subscription service when it is launched sometime in the next year. It will be a greatly enhanced online interactive multi-media version of the online lessons. That is where the focus is here for new development work.

I would encourage anyone who would like to do podcasts to do them. The one Cosmic mentioned by Carson and Brett/Trip is a trip.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

I think an AYP podcast is a great idea, Yogaman.

You might be interested in CarsonZi's and trip1's podcast, Seek and Destroy. It's current, high quality, and pretty badass.

Their input might be valuable to you as well.

Will check that out. From the webpage, it doesn't seem like an ideal starting point for someone curious in the AYP yoga system! Those guys seem pretty intense :)

I know as a big podcast fan, I will default to a free set of lectures in an old podcast over a book I have to sit down and read. I thought an official set of audio posts might help AYP expand the awareness in yet another avenue.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  11:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Yogaman:

There is going to be a lot of audio and video in the "AYP Plus" subscription service when it is launched sometime in the next year. It will be a greatly enhanced online interactive multi-media version of the online lessons. That is where the focus is here for new development work.

I would encourage anyone who would like to do podcasts to do them. The one Cosmic mentioned by Carson and Brett/Trip is a trip.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Great to hear, looking forward to it. I still think a set of free intro lessons would be a good idea for introducing new people to AYP. There is a LOT of free yoga/meditation podcast content out there, so any paid users would most likely be existing practitioners. Something to bring in new people would have to be free.

Anyways, just a thought. Very curious what is being planner for AYP Plus.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  1:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

I know as a big podcast fan, I will default to a free set of lectures in an old podcast over a book I have to sit down and read. I thought an official set of audio posts might help AYP expand the awareness in yet another avenue.

Hi Yogaman:

We actually do have something like this preserved in several series of audio interviews that were on radio some years ago: http://www.aypsite.org/audio.html

Much of it is also on Youtube, some with specially created accompanying video.

The entire Enlightenment Series (11 books) is available in audiobook format as well.

So, as far as official AYP audio material goes, there is quite a lot of it out there, much of it for free. Maybe not labeled as "podcast," but it is there all the same and easily accessible through a variety of channels.

Maybe it is just a matter of making the existing AYP audio resources more visible to the public. Any help with that will be appreciated.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  2:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fine line to tread when putting a real person in the position of being the face of the lessons on video.

Yogani my guess is you'll take a pass on that.

I would like to see Official "The Guru is in You" T Shirts before an Official AYP Spokesperson.

With that said, there must be inventive ways to grow the love of the content and personal results beyond current methods.

I am sure if we all lightly hold the thought "inventive ways" and let it slip into our inner silence...

We'd come up with a few doozies. :)

Big love

Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

Hi Yogaman:

We actually do have something like this preserved in several series of audio interviews that were on radio some years ago: http://www.aypsite.org/audio.html

Much of it is also on Youtube, some with specially created accompanying video.

The entire Enlightenment Series (11 books) is available in audiobook format as well.

So, as far as official AYP audio material goes, there is quite a lot of it out there, much of it for free. Maybe not labeled as "podcast," but it is there all the same and easily accessible through a variety of channels.

Maybe it is just a matter of making the existing AYP audio resources more visible to the public. Any help with that will be appreciated.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Ah yes, I recall those audio lectures. I think I listened to them on YouTube. I think it would be a small bit of work to get the audio into an RSS feed for podcasting.

My thought was that if I search for "for example in a podcast directory, having AYP show up would be ideal.

My angle was more about making it show up in wherever there is a search box. At present, there is no AYP content showing up when search for yoga/meditation-based podcasts in a podcast directory, but other yoga/meditation podcasts do.

This looks like an ideal method (free and open source), which I have never used but would be glad to give it a go and help out: http://podcastgen.sourceforge.net/home
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  3:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogaman:

Feel free to put the free AYP audios out there in the podcast channels.

Linking back to the AYP website would be good, if possible, so listeners can find us. The website link is mentioned in most of the audios, but not in all of them.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  6:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I look forward to APY's daily Twitter post with its inspiring affirmation:

https://twitter.com/AYPYoga
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  6:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Yogaman:

Feel free to put the free AYP audios out there in the podcast channels.

Linking back to the AYP website would be good, if possible, so listeners can find us. The website link is mentioned in most of the audios, but not in all of them.

Thanks!

Sounds good. Ideally this would be installed on the web host for the AYP site, but I can try things out on mine and see how it goes. I've been wanting to find a solution like this for some other ideas anyways.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000