Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Heel Pain in Asana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  1:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practising asana for over two years. A few weeks ago I developed a searing heel pain right heel only, in downward dog. As a yoga teacher, I can't afford to be 'out'. I will see my gp as a last resort, but I am thinking this is plantar fasciitis. Advice please? Should I be resting or stretching? Namaste and thanks.

Edited by - Prem on May 06 2014 2:00:01 PM

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Short answer is both:)

You need rest but not inactivity to heal properly
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  6:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  6:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully it's not. Mine lasted two years and I tried everything for relief.
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  6:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to report that a combination of rest and gentle stretches seems to have helped, in addition to switching more supportive shoes (Clark's Unstructured. I'm thankful to be relatively pain-free
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  8:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Terrific!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000