Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 "live fully with attention "
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  07:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi ,

I started to read few books about self inquiry (the fourth way , tolles books ...) , i practiced some all day self observation , i discovered many illusions and chains , or i thought i discovered them , but somehow i became confused (too much confused ), its like i cant think clearly anymore , everything became blurry , my mind became a mess , i dont know how to go forward nor how to go backward . i started to search topics about self inquiry here , and i found that yogani advice is : to just live fully with attention until we cultivate more witness qualities , i didnt get that :D

i dont know what to do between the sessions of meditation , its too much mess inside :D

thank you
love

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zinon,
between sessions is a good time to get grounded. Then, there's exercise, diet, cultivating bhakti, mindfulness, self-inquiry, service to others, svadhyaya study of scripture (and possibly extended to mean any literature) or really any of the suggestions under restraints and observances yamas and niyamas, reflection, introspection, tantric practices, find or create a satsang, etc. If you want to do more and have the time, you can extend your sitting practices or even add a 3rd session as in retreat mode which in all is guaranteed to require a lot of a day's time. See what you're attracted to most, what comes naturally, and go from there.

It does seem that way, that once you get started or when the interest arises of its own, there's no looking back, and at least it has been true here. If going forward is too much, give it time so the practices can help keep the inquiry relational.
Go to Top of Page

zinon

Morocco
17 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit zinon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank , it was really insightful
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000