Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Distracting breathing and background mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawkste

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  1:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello guys

I started meditating 7 days ago after reading yogani's book "Deep Meditation".I do two 10 min sessions a day.
When i started meditating i could favor the mantra easily and i didnt have many distracting thoughts.My breathing was normal and the mantra flowed in my head.

Now when i meditate my mind gets caught up in many thoughts and i can't favor the mantra easily.When i breath in and out i cant favor the mantra and breath at the same time.I kinda stop the mantra and then continue,this causes me to stumble over the mantra or push it to the background so i can breath easily.

What do you guys suggest i do?

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  6:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you want to be a ayper all you can do is keep repeating i am. i didnt like this tm meditation. others say very good things. i m biased to listening to omkar
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  8:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this might help.

Lesson 159 - Q&A – Too many thoughts in meditation?
Go to Top of Page

hawkste

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  02:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply's.Its hard to explain how it feels,the mantra falls away as i breath in and out.In that time it wavers and thoughts come in and i get heavily distracted.But if thoughts are part of the process then all is good, i hope this will pass in time.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  04:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hawkste

Thanks for the reply's.Its hard to explain how it feels,the mantra falls away as i breath in and out.In that time it wavers and thoughts come in and i get heavily distracted.But if thoughts are part of the process then all is good, i hope this will pass in time.

Hi Hawkste
After 5 months of AYP I can report that meditation sessions were very different in terms of concentration vs. distraction, staying with the mantra vs. loosing it, big scenery happening vs. nothing happening, and so on.
In the very beginning I also had trouble accepting the fact that thoughts other than the mantra simply are there and that one should not fight against it. After a couple of months, it became obvious by experience that the AYP lessons are right: do not fight the thought, they dissolve anyway by themselves.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000