Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Gift of Reiki
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My wife gave me a gift certificate to a place that offers both massage (which I've had, though not here) and reiki therapies (which I've never experienced). I've read up on reiki and what to expect from a 60 minute session, and I am interested to hear from any of you who have undergone reiki, your good and bad xperiences. What kind of questions should I ask a provider? It occurs to me the more talented a practitioner at channeling energies, the more something could "go awry". Is that unfounded? I specifically have some cervical neck issues I wouldn't mind relieving, and have an activated prana thanks to AYP meditation. I am not looking for my first samadhi on the therapist's table! Is that a real possibility? Should I chicken out and just get a regular massage?

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  3:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since posting this thread this morning I did an AYP site search on "reiki" and waded through eight pages of posts ( guess I should have done that first! ) and received quite a reiki education! I have far less apprehension about it and will give it a try, paying close attention to my intuition regarding the practitioner I will be meeting for the first time on the scheduled date. Any advice about sizing him/her up before the "laying of hands"?
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  1:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No advice from here Dogboy but would enjoy any updates if you feel inspired.

I've just started looking into Reiki too for neck alignment.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  8:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bill:

Looks like mid April before I can get an appointment, but will definitely report back!
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy his is an old posting but I wanted to ask if you ever had the reiki treatment? Was it effective?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  1:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello
recently i have been attuned to reiki 1, the healing on myself is effective
the healing on others too cause they are either calming down or falling asleep
i never had someone give me reiki healing but the lovely person that gave me attunement to reiki gave me the following advice:
in case you decide to get a reiki healing from someone, make sure the healer does not have lots of issues.It is better that you protect yourself from getting the possible negative energy of the healer simply by making the intention of not taking the healer energy and only accepting the reiki that is intended for you. Intention is enough as protection.Keeping in mind that not everyone is sensItive enough to pick up the energy of others,so it might not be a concern at all.But it is safer in all cases to make the intention
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  3:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Prem,

Looks like I forgot about this post! I did have the session with 'Olga'. She was a young, soft spoken Eastern European and the room had the candlelit spa vibe going. When I shook her hand in greeting I noticed it was cold and delicate, but once she began moving them above my prone body they were generating a fair amount of warmth. Even though my eyes were closed and she was not physically touching me, I could trace her hand movements because of the warmth. I was seeing a series of vanishing red vapors behind my eyelids, all in all, the experience was mild, and uneventful. The session lasted about forty five minutes, and afterwards she asked me a series of question regarding blockages she claimed to have discovered and possible life 'stressors' that may relate to the blockages. I left in a good mood, and noticed her hand was again cold. I didn't schedule another as I felt, between my mediation practice and my asana practice, I was getting just as much, if not more, "good vibration".

Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  4:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy, I was wondering about your experience which sounds pretty good as not everyone is that perceptive of where the hands are. I'm attuned to level 2 but only have used on family, friends and students with varying effect, with my daughter always getting good results, usually with one of her headaches or cramps. One friend saw the smoke vapour behind his closed eyes as well, when I was 'brushing' the negative energy away. Hi Maheswari, very cool that you are attuned, I enjoyed reading about your experience. As a healer, you need to ground yourself also and protect yourself from the recipients of your healing which can be draining I never think to use reiki on myself but its a great idea. Namaste.

Edited by - Prem on Apr 08 2015 4:44:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  01:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Dogboy: weird ...usually hands should be layed on the body unless there is something contagious
@ Prem yes i am grounding myself and protecting myself when doing healing. I am only doing reiki on my mum and few close friends.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  3:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
@ Dogboy: weird ...usually hands should be layed on the body unless there is something contagious.

Maheswari, so this is correct procedure? That means one of three things:

1. Though licensed, she performed incorrectly
2. Her touch was so light I thought she wasn't touching me
3. She altered her procedure intentionally.

I wonder which it could be?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  04:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy
I am not saying she did something wrong, I am very new to reiki, others might know much more than me
Usually the private parts ( in women heart chakra is located between the breasts so some healers skip this hand position. ...also there is a hand position over pubical bones many healers might skip it)
The healer might put his attention on those points ...no need for hands on
During the session, the hand touch does not have to be heavy....
also the hand positions are not carved in stone, the healer is encouraged to follow his intuition and change some of the procedure
I don't feel your healer performed incorrectly ...she did to the best of her ability. ..we all do:-)
Also it is not the healer that heals, the healer is just a channel, only reiki heals :-)

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 10 2015 04:22:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  3:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I forgot to say that receiving reiki sounds very similar to me like receiving samyama healing. ...if the receiver is not receptive , the healing will not be efficient.Lesson 301 explains this very well . You did have some doubts? :-)

As for not touching you directly , well she might be shy to do it on men....you were hesitant about the " laying of hands" that is maybe why you didn't get any actual laying of hands :-)
she might be psychic ;-)

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 10 2015 3:13:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  3:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  06:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
There is no need to touch with any form of energy healing and in my experience distant healing is often more effective.Intention is the main thing required and in fact the symbols of Reiki were only introduced by Usui because many could not grasp the idea of intent.The first person I received an attunement from about 15yrs ago told me intention was the most important thing required and that advice proved correct and aided me in learning much about Reiki and energy healing in general.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  04:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Dave
Exactly. ..that is why I feel that samyama is like reiki....
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  1:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I treat my hands hover a few inches above - and I do "feel" the blockages - that is just how I was taught but I do not think there is a "right or wrong". Touch is very therapeutic.
Go to Top of Page

Ankacitah

Romania
8 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  04:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ankacitah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You wont enter in samadhi from a reiki practitioner. I mean, very low chases. There are better methods and authentic healing ways (check Tibetans) , but a little harder to reach them.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  4:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Prem,
Unless the law has changed in the USA you need to have masseur qualifications to touch and there has been a lot of controversy in the States over this.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  03:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
reiki doesn't claim to give you samadhi.In fact lots of genuine teachers say it is a distraction on the path to be focused too much on physical and emotional well being. Only sitting practices lead to enlightenment.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
@ Dogboy: weird ...usually hands should be layed on the body unless there is something contagious.

Maheswari, so this is correct procedure? That means one of three things:

1. Though licensed, she performed incorrectly
2. Her touch was so light I thought she wasn't touching me
3. She altered her procedure intentionally.

I wonder which it could be?

Hi Dogboy, I'm Reiki 2 so I guess I can give my 2c here.

1. There is no "correct" way to perform Reiki. I mean there is a baseline order of hand positions, but a Reiki practitioner must always listen to intuition to guide him/her. Sometimes the hand placements can be mixed up, sometimes reversed, who knows, it depends on the receiver and their needs. And every session is different, even the length of time the giver can spend in one position. I've spent 30 minutes in one position at times.

2. Reiki energy is best transmuted when there is physical touch, but you still receive Reiki when there is no touch. These days practitioners are weary of touching people anyway which is why I don't practice commercially, only people I know and trust. Too many lawyers!

3. Thats fine as long as you received the energy in locations where it was needed.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  09:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hello Dave
Exactly. ..that is why I feel that samyama is like reiki....

Maheswari, in Reiki the giver asks the universe to be a vassel of universal healing energy for the receiver who receives it. In other words, the giver does not do any healing, just places hands on receiver and energy flows "through" the giver to the receiver, that is why Reiki practitioners can never say "I will heal you" because they cannot do that, thats just not how it works. But anyway, Reiki is a healing modality that works with the Human Energy System.

Hope that answers some of your concerns.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000