Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 How to begin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  11:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, i have been into medation and spiritaulity for quite long, but still didn't made much progress.

So i found out that meditation can be helpfull, and i started practicing it but i haven't made much progress still. I think that is because I am a very dinamic person and when i comes to things that require concentration and focus I very often fail. So when i try to meditate i almost always end up whining and feeling tired.

Few times i have actualy had a good meditiation experience, and now i have kinda quit meditating realizing it doesn't make too much sense.
And now I'm doing sungazing(you can google about it), and trying to eat a more of a raw food, and that kinda works! kinda increases my enery a lil bit.

So I've came here to learn how to meditate, hopefully with your help, as other techniques i have been around for a lot of time didn't work for me; guess they were too demanding for me.
So i need something simple, like starting with few simple mantras a day, like 2 minutes 5 times a day...

And i just don't know where to start, what mantras to use; guess you know best. :)

And i also have been reading a lot about spiritualy and meditation, so i know quite lot about it, eventhought i didn't have such experience.

So please help, and thank you very much!

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  12:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to use the AYP system, you can use this method here: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html.
On the page to your left there are key lessons. They are a nice read, and also the lessons in between which have a lot of good info in them.
Welcome to the forums .
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  1:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP, Sungazer!

The AYP meditation is very simple, but also very effective. It is somewhat the opposite of "requiring concentration and focus," but you will see that when you read the instructions at the link Mykal posted.

If you try it, let us know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  4:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay so, I have started today, I just wonder if I could say "I am" on my language?

I mean it's probally translated from some other language into English (maybe from Sanskrit?) so guess i could(or even should) say it in my language.

Have checked on Croatian AYP site, but there it's also "I am", not on Croatian....
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sungazer, it is the internal "sound" of I Am that you are looking for, not the meaning of the words. Yogani suggests spelling it Ayam if one has trouble with this concept.

So it is best to stick with the English pronunciation. This topic has been discussed before, and you can find more information using the search feature. I have to log off so I do not have time. Good luck.

Edited by - rce on Mar 02 2014 6:47:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  8:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can I do it for less than 20min? I've read (in lessons and in forums) that you can lower the time of meditation if necesary... I just find it too long...

Can I just set the time of meditation as low as I just feel it to be good? Honestly that would be 5-10 min only... But that just for now i mean, probally later on, I would progress and do it for more time.

And also, we don't really have to try so hard to think of mantra. We just repeat it gently, right? So I shouldn't try focusing on it hard, right; even if we have much thoughts? And always when I am repeating it, at the same time I think of something....
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's your trip. That's the essence of self-pacing. Determining the time at your own chosen speed is the name of the game.

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  02:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sungazer,

The feeling of irritation, finding it "too long" is typical reaction of the beginner. Unless you are experiencing symptoms of overload - (headaches during the sitting or burst of anger /irritation/emotional reactions the next day), I would advice you to stick with the 20 mins.
Make a commitment. Stick with it. The results are beyond words.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  03:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sungazer,

quote:
And also, we don't really have to try so hard to think of mantra. We just repeat it gently, right? So I shouldn't try focusing on it hard, right; even if we have much thoughts? And always when I am repeating it, at the same time I think of something....

Yes, we mentally repeat the mantra very gently.It´s OK to have mantra and thoughts at the same time.DM is not about not having thoughts, it´s about easily coming back to the mantra every time your attention wanders off.

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  12:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

@SeySorciere, yes i think i may call it an irritation.... feeling bit sleepy and a little bit of headache...

But i think i will be doing it 20min some time later for sure....
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  8:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice from everyone above.
I just want to add;
Try not to give up too easily. There is a part of your mind that may feel threatened by meditation, and if it learns you will give up easily every time you are a little sleepy, you could get into a habit of cutting it short every time. So maybe you could push yourself just a little farther each time, by recognizing the sleepy symptom, and trying to hang on a minute more.
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  9:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
today i did it for full 20 :D it wasn't hard :)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  05:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done! - see, that wasn't that hard? Keep at it and soon you won't want to miss a single sitting

Happy for you.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  8:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can i do it for more than twice a day, like 4 times?

I think i could do it without iritation so....

Every time after meditation i feel more relaxed and more positive; someties less, sometimes more. And there are some days when i feel awesome!!

Ading more meditation would make more days awesome so why not? I will watch, if its iritating i will bring it back to twice a day again.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  10:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Easy there, cowboy! First you couldn't do 20 minutes and now you want to do four sessions!? Follow the lessons, slowly add to your practice as you progress. Consistency is important. If things are going well, enjoy that for what it is. Don't let your enthusiasm put you into the ditch! partner.After all, if two aspirins take care of a headache, you wouldn't take the whole bottle, would you?
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  10:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for this stupid previous questions... xD

I have some new experiences right now.

I tend to breathe a lot during the meditation.
It goes like this: about first 5 minutes i breathe and think mantra at the same time; then i get little deeper into mantra and for few seconds only think matra and then for few seconds only breathe (but really really deep, sometimes even fast).

When I breathe so intesive i can't concetrate that much on mantra so I don't know is that good. Maybe this means i should start doing Pranayama before mantra meditation so maybe that would satisfy my need for deep breathing during meditation?

Also, sometimes I feel something so extreme when I breath deep and fast enough, I feel massive energy, I don't know how to describe it (on English, sorry), but it's so massive and extreme all over my body!!! I even feel it in my teeth!!
I have also felt that a few times before when sungazing, and then i have also been breathing very intesive.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  01:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sungazer,

Glad to hear you are still at it. Yes, you should start Spinal Breathing Pranayama. It will help stabilize the energy surges (kundalini awakening) you are experiencing by channeling it through the central channel. SBP helps you prepare the way for the energy to flow smoothly or else you will start experiencing unpleasant overload syndromes. Breathing long and deep is normal and nothing to worry about. However, we know what to do, right? Favour the mantra and not the breathing.

Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  10:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, but I still don't meditate with my legs crossed as recomended. I'm just not able to, can't even get them to a proper position, they will heart me if I stay like that for so long. But Yogani says we can skip that if necessary, so I guess I will.

I don't understand this:
"Work your muscles so each breath begins in your belly and fills you up through your chest to the top of your collarbones, and then comes back down slowly."
Should I do it before each inhale/exhale into sushumna or just for few times before I start inhaling/exhaling into sushumna?

Somebody asked me about my sungazing, but now, post is deleted by moderator I guess, I guess because of off-topic. Just to answer quickly (not to get in off-topic to much), still doing it, currently on 8:30.

Edited by - Sungazer on May 21 2014 10:58:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Proper breathing starts with the belly first. Look at how a baby breathes, he/she starts with the belly. That is all Yogani is saying. Breath proper with the belly first and the with the lungs/chest.
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - May 21 2014 :  7:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sungazer!

By all means,don't ditch Sungazing.Back there in Croatia,nicer weather has arrived which means many beautiful sunsets and sunrises.
I started with Sungazing in 2009. and it is best thing that ever happened to me in this life.For me,it is spiritual practice with great potentials and some drawbacks.
But if you do it with faith and open your self to Light/Prana coming from the Sun,it can take you quite far.That doesn't mean you should quit with AYP meditation or Pranayama.It is ok to gaze the Sun and practice other stuff.

I suppose you are doing it as taught by Sri Hira Ratan Manek.
What is your current time in Sungazing?
Svako dobro!(All the best!)

P.S.
Post was deleted because i wrote few words in Croatian without providing translation.Good to know that you are still doing Sungazing.Try to be regular in it as much as possible,don't doubt it,have faith and results should come

Edited by - Sol Invictus on May 21 2014 8:14:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - May 22 2014 :  6:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so, i have to increase my stomach when I breathe in, that is belly breathing? and then, from belly to lungs and then to collard bones?

Sol Invictus i deffinitly agree about SG, i would even call it superior to other yogas, it can even get you to breatharianism! in 9 months only; because sun is the highest energy we have on earth.
sry for offtopic everyone :D

Edited by - Sungazer on May 22 2014 6:59:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

philpinder

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Start daily yoga classes with Yoga Aura vinyasa yoga boca raton this will help to reduce stress and keep you healthy all the time. Yoga also helps to reduce weight and make you fit. My weight was 80 kg when i start yoga aura classes and in just 5 months i reduced 20 kg weight with hot yoga classes and mow i feel more fit then before.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000