A final goodbye and thank you note
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  7:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Bye searchers...

Thank you for your messages, they contributed to me, ending the search hence the suffering

I am mad at myself, and not mad at myself. 'Liberation' was so easy.. It was there all the time

Why was this search necessary? It was so easy. I repeat myself: it was there all along, so so so soooooo easy...

Waaauwww, what an unburdening feeling. Can one be happy while looking for happiness? Can one call himself rich while digging for gold?

Why this paradox? Why this search? I guess, as a mentioned to Yogani: everybody needs to figure it out for him/herself

It was so easy.. It was here all along.. I'm such a stupid man

Peace to you all and thank you, thank you Yogani, thank you all. This quest is over

Me iz an unenlightened but still in a sense an enlighted being... So so easy! Stupid stupid that I am hahahahahahaha

Bye guys! Hope you find what you are looking for.. I found my 'gold'

Cya! Xxxxxxx

Giacomo

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  8:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And something I wanted to add: Yogani always, ALWAYS tells us not to bother about miraculous happenings, about 'little wonders' when we meditate, about speculations concerning siddhi's, about 'spirits' and other 'realms of being' but yet, that is the only thing we seem to be doing here

On the forum I see philosophical discussions and debates, and NOBODY is getting any further or any wiser. It seems that we do not want to discover the 'truth'. It seems that we want to fly and change iron into gold and glass into diamonds

Maybe the people who are searching, would need to prioritize what they really want, cause I'm going to tell you: if you really want the siddhi of flying through the air, better get a ticket and get into an airplane

If you get there on time, you will fly hahahahaha

edit - spelling

Edited by - Giacomo on Feb 11 2014 8:33:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  01:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Giacomo,

Congratulations on your enlightenment!

You might find this lesson helpful:

http://www.aypsite.org/390.html

and this one too:

http://www.aypsite.org/426.html

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  02:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What enlightenment?

And thank you!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  07:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like things are going well Giacomo!

Don't stop practicing things are just getting started!!

Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  08:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Giacomo,
listen to TNT...
and please, do visit us sometimes again... i miss you already...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  09:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Giacomo,

Beyond personal liberation is a very beautiful journey which takes you to outpouring divine love. It is about the dissolution between the boundaries that separate you and the rest of the world, including others around you. When divine love begins to emerge, there is no saying "I've made it, bye everyone" (a trap of the mind). That's simply a particular response of a contracted state of existence.

With the rising of divine love, there is the rise of compassion and service to others. There is also the knowledge that your journey will not be complete whilst there is still suffering in the world. So your journey and the journey of others becomes the same journey.

In terms of practice, nothing changes. As the subtle body is increasingly purified, the crown opens and everything melts down into the heart and radiates out from there as love in action in the world for the benefit of everyone. At the same time, meditation gives rise to stillness, unity and the merging of the observer and that which is observed, the objects of the senses. So meditation also progresses towards the ecstasy of divine love which is another name for unity, or yoga.

So it's a long path, with many stages, and many traps along the way. But it becomes very beautiful and more about letting go of attachment to any sense of personal attainment, then rising ecstatic radiance, giving, divine love and service to others, in that order. In all of this, the personal is outshone.

As TNT says, things are just getting started.

Enjoy.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  10:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi, Ayiram and tonightsthenight

because of you, I'll stay
Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  10:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  11:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Giacomo,

Beyond personal liberation is a very beautiful journey which takes you to outpouring divine love. It is about the dissolution between the boundaries that separate you and the rest of the world, including others around you. When divine love begins to emerge, there is no saying "I've made it, bye everyone" (a trap of the mind). That's simply a particular response of a contracted state of existence.

With the rising of divine love, there is the rise of compassion and service to others. There is also the knowledge that your journey will not be complete whilst there is still suffering in the world. So your journey and the journey of others becomes the same journey.

In terms of practice, nothing changes. As the subtle body is increasingly purified, the crown opens and everything melts down into the heart and radiates out from there as love in action in the world for the benefit of everyone. At the same time, meditation gives rise to stillness, unity and the merging of the observer and that which is observed, the objects of the senses. So meditation also progresses towards the ecstasy of divine love which is another name for unity, or yoga.

So it's a long path, with many stages, and many traps along the way. But it becomes very beautiful and more about letting go of attachment to any sense of personal attainment, then rising ecstatic radiance, giving, divine love and service to others, in that order. In all of this, the personal is outshone.

As TNT says, things are just getting started.

Enjoy.

Christi

Beautiful post, Christi. I can sense the stillness behind the words.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  6:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The original post felt like one of those computer troubleshooting message board threads, where after receiving some advice the person hops back on to say "never mind, I figured out out", without offering up some clues to the resolution for others who may be looking for the same solution ;)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  02:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful post Christi
quote:
There is also the knowledge that your journey will not be complete whilst there is still suffering in the world.

lately i noticed that how much people suffering in Lebanon (poverty, instability...) affects me, how can i be happy if there is so much suffering around?
sometimes i find it hard not to get inflenced by the negative atomsphere
and sometimes i find it very easy to see through the transient events, i know that all is happening as it should, and i see that all is beautiful as it is (even if imperfect, even if there is suffering ) and beneficial action for the community is done easily
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  03:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

The original post felt like one of those computer troubleshooting message board threads, where after receiving some advice the person hops back on to say "never mind, I figured out out", without offering up some clues to the resolution for others who may be looking for the same solution ;)

hahahaha, this was funny
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  10:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Giacomo

quote:
Originally posted by Yogaman

hahahaha, this was funny

:)
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  4:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cleverness will only take you so far. I'm learning this more and more. I can certainly appreciate witty humor and a sharp intellect (I show mine off all the time), but I can't escape the gravitational pull of genuine humility and sincerity.

I know how to be a clown, but I also know how to be a serious student.

Godspeed on your path.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I deleted my earlier post due to harshness. Doesn't so called "enlightenment" result in gradual detachment from identification and a growing love for others? Yet you sit here boasting about your accomplishments. There is a fine line between sharing and bragging.

quote:
On the forum I see philosophical discussions and debates, and NOBODY is getting any further or any wiser. It seems that we do not want to discover the 'truth'. It seems that we want to fly and change iron into gold and glass into diamonds

I don't know what kind of light this was said in, sounds pretty condescending though.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  8:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The whole world is colored by what is inside ourselves.
So if we see a problem that "everybody" seems to have, it's time to look inside ourselves to see where that comes from.
Not that what others do is our fault, but the way we perceive what they do is our world view which we create.
And the world view we create echoes what is inside us.
Go to Top of Page

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2014 :  03:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

The whole world is colored by what is inside ourselves.
So if we see a problem that "everybody" seems to have, it's time to look inside ourselves to see where that comes from.
Not that what others do is our fault, but the way we perceive what they do is our world view which we create.
And the world view we create echoes what is inside us.

True, ying & yang. Without the word 'good', there wouldn't be the word 'bad'. Humans have a need to evaluate the 'good' against the 'bad'

We need a spectrum of positive and negative numbers. Without positive, there wouldn't be the negative and vice versa.

Male - female, fat - thin, beautiful - ugly, and so on..

Meditation and reflection thaught me this. You'll find everything within yourself, as you said, but you choose according your own inclination.

The reality is: this world will NEVER be completely peaceful. It will never be 'heaven on earth', because when we have only the word peace, we wouldn't need the word 'war'. What would we weigh 'peace' against, to really know 'peace'?

How would we define the word peace and what would be on the other end of the spectrum?

There is no peace without war, there is no reality without fantasy and creativity, there is no thin girl without a measurement of what a fat girl would be.

Meditation is about becoming a realist instead of an idealist

Hope this clarifies some thaughts
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2014 :  06:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah well so much for the termination of philosophical debate and sentiment

End the war inside and there is no more war. end the judgement and nothing can ever be judged. Can that be doubted ?

Who is judging for realism and idealism ? Find that one

The mind is very much alive in the interplay. Like the smoker giving up by sheer effort but continues craving a cigarette has not yet ceased to be a smoker. That is abstention. A trick the mind plays.

Always at the point when you are convinced of mastery does the mind show its hand. Like the lion tamer who believes his infallibility, turns his back and shortly finds himself minus a head.

Just when you accept the world for what it is and how it works and all is good and well, then comes the crash to prove how fragile that abstention really is. The smoker grabs a cigarette and inhales in utter relief followed by a sense of guilt and self defeat. He might pat himself on the back at his long abstention. The Lion tamer goes home without a limb if he is lucky or minus his life if not. A man can only hold his breath for just so long.

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  1:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Always at the point when you are convinced of mastery does the mind show its hand.

Well said Karl. It is a subtle trap because the mind may well be right. Nevertheless we reach the stage where we usually want the mind to remain silent, as opposed to offering up its conclusions.

There will of course be times when the mind acknowledges: This is it, this is what you've been longing for. And at those times it can be very difficult to maintain inner silence. The mind may be correct ... however the conclusion itself is a separation from the experience. Which invalidates the experience the mind is trying to raise up, in order for us to take notice of it ... This is the mind trying to be helpful.

And it is helpful up to a point: Recognition is an important milestone. Yet not the endpoint. There may not be an endpoint. For me it will be when quietly being present is more or less stabilized. The efforting stops. I think that's what Giacomo is saying. He may have realized that the path, for him, is one of effortlessness. In other words - no practices, no striving, not even any longing. The longing is replaced by authentic living. Living a life for which we previously longed.

This is a wonderful place to be.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  2:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Others here have reached the same conclusion: Carson? Anthem?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Missing it, wanting it back?
Or missing it and grateful for that?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  3:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Others here have reached the same conclusion: Carson? Anthem?

Hi Dogboy,

Sorry, a bit late to the party here... just saw this.

I'm not entirely sure what the "conclusion" was that was reached here so I'm unsure if I can concur or not.

What I can say is that there is no longer much "seeking" happening here. The seeking for "enlightenment" is certainly gone. I do notice the mind still having thoughts about striving for things like happiness for my kids etc, but that is just the mind's natural tendency to evaluate how things are going (within an 'in-time perspective') and project whether or not adjustments would improve the state of things. The mind's play is usually immediately noticed for what it is (play) but there are still occasional times where the mind's spinnings go unnoticed for a short while before I "snap out of it." There is always a great lesson to learn in those moments if one is willing to get over themselves and sit in self-honesty.

If the conclusion was that proclaiming a state of "arriving" is an indication of still being lost, I would concur with that.

If I completely missed the conclusion that was drawn, I'm sorry... obviously I'm not enlightened.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  3:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
proclaiming a state of "arriving" is an indication of still being lost

Very well said Carson, I will remember that!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Dec 13 2014 3:55:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  4:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Basically, if you think you're enlightened, you're not.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2014 :  6:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

I had to reread the thread to figure out this "conclusion". I believe at the time you had mentioned discontinuing practices and this is the part of Parvati's post that made me think of you:

quote:
He may have realized that the path, for him, is one of effortlessness. In other words - no practices, no striving, not even any longing. The longing is replaced by authentic living.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000