Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 International AYP retreat Thailand Jan 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  06:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

We have finally managed to organise an International AYP retreat in South East Asia! It will be taking place on the Island of Koh Tao in Thailand, which is the next island up from Koh Pha-ngan. The dates will be the 18th to 24th Jan 2015. It will be a 5 day (6 night) retreat with arrival on the evening of the 18th and departure on the morning of the 24th. The cost will be 17900 Thai bhat, including meals and accommodation and a boat trip on one of the days.

Devrim, who is a keen AYP practitioner and teacher has offered us the use of his resort for the week. Accommodation will be in huts which look really beautiful on Devrim's website! It will be quite a relaxed retreat with sits in the early morning and early evening, some asana classes, some satsangs, but also plenty of time for snorkelling and swimming etc.

This is the website of the resort where we will be holding the retreat:

www.baantalaykohtao.com

There are only 8 huts at the resort, so spaces will be limited. I will be leading this retreat. Ask here if you have any questions, or contact me directly. For bookings contact Devrim.

The retreat details are on my website here

Christi

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  11:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

We have finally managed to organise an International AYP retreat in South East Asia!

Christi

!! !!

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  4:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

One question that has come up is what is the cost in currencies other than Thai Baht? Using todays exchange rates it works out as : 330 British Pounds, 554 US dollars, 393 Euro or 34,200 Indian rupees. For any exchange rate you can just type in "Thai Baht ----- exchange rate" into google and it will come up.

Another question that came up was how do you get to Koh Tao in Thailand? The directions are on Devrim's website here:

http://www.baantalaykohtao.com/the-...etting-here/

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  07:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I am going to be on the island of Koh Phangan for a week before the retreat on Koh Tao and I am inviting anyone who is coming on the retreat to join me on Koh Phangan for the week before if they want to. I won't be doing any formal teaching on Koh Phangan, it will just be a holiday in the sun before the retreat starts. The ferry from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao takes about 2 hours.

So far everyone coming on the Koh Tao retreat is also planning to come for the week on Koh Phangan. There are still a few huts available for the retreat. The dates of the retreat are the 18th to 24th January so we will be on Koh Phangan from the 12th 17th January.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  07:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

One hut (double) is still available on this retreat in Thailand next month on the island of Koh Tao if anyone fancies joining us for some time in the sun and 5 days of practices together.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  12:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

We had a fantastic retreat in Thailand. We stayed in the most beautiful place on the Southern side of Koh Tao island. We had a wonderful group of people and did a lot of practices, a lot of snorkelling and ate amazing Thai food. The weather was fantastic every day. Couldn't have wished for a better place to hold a retreat!

A big thanks to Devrim for letting us use his place!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  02:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to read retreat was such wonderful experience!

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi guys,

We had a fantastic retreat in Thailand. We stayed in the most beautiful place on the Southern side of Koh Tao island. We had a wonderful group of people and did a lot of practices, a lot of snorkelling and ate amazing Thai food. The weather was fantastic every day. Couldn't have wished for a better place to hold a retreat!

A big thanks to Devrim for letting us use his place!

Christi

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2015 :  08:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000