New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  4:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Tamasaburo,
Getting back to your original point, which was "it's not about the siddhis themselves, it's about the nature of reality" or "proving the existence of the spiritual realm." I understand your point, but the question for me would be, What do we care about the nature of reality, and why, and to whom, are we trying to prove anything? Is it to convince ourselves or others? It sounds like you have a personal interest in being convinced, which is understandable. But, IMO, siddhis as such would not convince me of the Divine Reality if I didn't already have direct experience of That Itself, through meditation. Having That, nothing else really matters... But yeah, they do exist. My teacher does manifest siddhis in a very low-key, subtle manner that you might not even notice at the moment, only in retrospect, "gosh, how did he do that?" or "how did he know that?!"
Go to Top of Page

vjoshi

India
9 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  11:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can Any one tell me how one can achieve thoughtless state even for a minute... Thoughts come to my mind before I realise they have entered my mind ...
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2018 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those looking for the healing hands, here is what happened for me :

1°) Awaken the "Force" (prana, chi) within, through DM etc.
2°) Then do Zhan Zhuang.

You now can manipulate your Chi externally (onto others if you want).

Beware nevertheless.
You can be very strong this way but, honestly, I don't use it to heal others (anymore).
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  6:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many scientists in quantum physics believe that the religions and the miracles each of them refers to are an approach to explain things which are in fact measurable in modern physics. In my opinion both just use a different language.

In the last ten years scientists experiment with the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen effect for quantum computers. It enables instant information sharing with entangled molecules. Entangled molecules give a hint (not a final prove) how siddhis like telepathy could work. It also explains why y mother often says to me: "I just thought of you" when I call her

Wave#8211;particle duality is another interesting topic in physics. First experiments around 200 years ago showed that very small particles have a molecular form and additionally a wave-form (see double-slit experiment). Recently scientists in Vienna were able to prove that biochemical molecules have a wave based representation as well! These experiments are quite new, from 1999. This is very interesting as can explain a lot of siddhis, the vibrational aspects of the universe and maya.

Bonus: with "relational quantum mechanics" scientists found out that the expectation of the experimenter/observer influences the outcome of the experiment itself. Samyama anyone?

Taking these new experiments and their conclusions into account it appears to me that siddhis are in fact at the very core of our universe and daily life. For practical usage as yogi/yogin I fully agree with Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  11:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As we progress along the path things begin to happen.

With an open heart we can begin to feel energy.

When we open the 5th chakra we begin to feel energy from others and our surroundings. This is where people talk about shields and low or negative energy from others. This can be very tough for some and leads to a lot of bad practices that reinforce the local mind. All negative energy from others is shared issues. If it wasn’t a shared issue the energy would flow through unattaching. Shields are also local mind constructs.

The 6th is where one is able to see and where most people get stuck. They see the astral, begin to believe in how powerful they are and with such seeing it is hard to move or convince one that all such seeing is the local mind translating the light. That seeing is different than being.

The 7th is when begins to have access to the divine.

The 8th is when the chakras have unified and one has become light or in Buddhism has achieved the rainbow body. This is where the inner and the outer have become one and the same. Many things become possible at this point to help others. Not by doing or sending but by ones being that can help others progress by giving space to let go of obstructions. Working with divine beings becomes much more powerful as well as the ability to help others access the divine.

At this point the 8th is just the beginning. The depth of being is never ending. The removal of obstructions while in the body is an ongoing process.

Any thoughts or comments?

Edited by - jonesboy on Mar 25 2018 11:57:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  03:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Certain signs appear to the yogi when Siddhis are forming...forms resembling snow, crystals, smoke, fire, lightning, fireflies the sun, the moon. These are signs that you are on your way to the revelation of Brahman” (Shvetashvatara Upanishad 2:11).
In highest yoga tantra of Buddhism they are are known as 'empty' forms'. The first four signs - smoke, mirage, fireflies and butterlamp, are also the signs we see when dying. Only a non-dual mind can see the empty forms. They are connected to the elements and result in direct cognition of 'emptiness'. It is this, that is the foundation for siddhis.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  11:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aguacute, that science has been disproven.

Tom, where did the phrase "local mind maps" come from?

maverick angel, I've had Siddhis happen but none of those signs.

I didn't read all the posts, so I can't figure out what this has to do with awakening.
Go to Top of Page

maverick angel

France
42 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2018 :  12:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit maverick angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Extraordinary states and experiences are par for the course with kundalini but that doesn't mean they are Siddhis in the way the ancient texts mean. The upanishads and tantras are clear on this.

(Yogashikhopnishad chapter 2)
The incessant practice of the atmamantra (Aumkar) is encouraged by the dawning of the most subtle transcendental manifestations as visions. At the entrance to the plane of siddhi (attainment), such manifestations are: a peaked flame (like a candle flame), the moon, lightning, the stars and other such visions that are filled with light, which are seen at all times or every now and then by the yogis. Wealth in the form of siddhis exemplified by anima (the ability to become the size of an atom, and hence invisible), is soon acquired by such yogis.

Nihaardhoomaarkaanilaanalaanaa khadyot vidyut sphatikshashinaam;
Etaani rupaanni purahasaraanni brahmanyabhivyaktikaraanni yoge.
(Shwetaashwatar Upanishad – 2 / 11)

Meaning: When it is time for the yogi, steeped in yoga practice, to witness the Brahma, he knows through visions and touch, fine dewdrops suspended, fog or smoke, sun, breeze, flame, fireflies and the like.

Likewise in the Buddhist Guhysamaja and Kalakackra tantras and the 6 yogas of Naropa, these same signs precede the siddhis, they are the authenticating seal. I don't feel that simply any paranormal experience we might have in relation to kundalini should simply be considered a siddhi.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2018 :  10:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Aguacute, that science has been disproven.

Tom, where did the phrase "local mind maps" come from?

maverick angel, I've had Siddhis happen but none of those signs.

I didn't read all the posts, so I can't figure out what this has to do with awakening.

The first I heard of it was from our mutual friend.

Notice that some traditions have 7 chakras, some 4, others 12 and some traditions don't use chakras at all.

The difference is really the local mind.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2018 :  10:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maverick angel

Extraordinary states and experiences are par for the course with kundalini but that doesn't mean they are Siddhis in the way the ancient texts mean. The upanishads and tantras are clear on this.

(Yogashikhopnishad chapter 2)
The incessant practice of the atmamantra (Aumkar) is encouraged by the dawning of the most subtle transcendental manifestations as visions. At the entrance to the plane of siddhi (attainment), such manifestations are: a peaked flame (like a candle flame), the moon, lightning, the stars and other such visions that are filled with light, which are seen at all times or every now and then by the yogis. Wealth in the form of siddhis exemplified by anima (the ability to become the size of an atom, and hence invisible), is soon acquired by such yogis.

Nihaardhoomaarkaanilaanalaanaa khadyot vidyut sphatikshashinaam;
Etaani rupaanni purahasaraanni brahmanyabhivyaktikaraanni yoge.
(Shwetaashwatar Upanishad – 2 / 11)

Meaning: When it is time for the yogi, steeped in yoga practice, to witness the Brahma, he knows through visions and touch, fine dewdrops suspended, fog or smoke, sun, breeze, flame, fireflies and the like.

Likewise in the Buddhist Guhysamaja and Kalakackra tantras and the 6 yogas of Naropa, these same signs precede the siddhis, they are the authenticating seal. I don't feel that simply any paranormal experience we might have in relation to kundalini should simply be considered a siddhi.

I would say there are degrees or depth.

Changing ones size or teleporting would be that of a realized being like a Buddha, Immortal or One like Siva.

I would also agree with your point on kundalini, feeling it within is not the same as realizing that kundalini is really universal consciousness.

Once you have realized that, you are able to share presence with others. That is when good things start to happen.
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 01 2018 :  4:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thread... when I think of practical application of samyama in my daily life it`s mostly:
-1 letting go of objects (thoughts, feelings, intentions)that are considered as an obstruction on the path
-2 release of self inquiries
-3 release of sutras as in the structured practice just outside of practice
and one more which I come to later...
first I have a question concerning the third point: This actually only happens when I talk to patients within the frame of my job as a nurse in a psychiatric clinic. When I talk to a patient then I sometimes release sutras (like "peace" or "love" ...) with the intention to support the moment. Now my question: Shall I always release the sutra within my body (like in practice) to make the resident silence move or is there also any benefit in placing and releasing the sutra in their body? I don't want to do any form of shaktipat.
-4 honestly I rarely release desires or intentions to promote easiness of life (I can remember that I did it twice when I had a hiccup - directly disappeared and once to get a cab - took less than a minute (in that case I told my girlfriend that it would be ok if we just pick one up on the street instead of calling, then .. no cab came and she started to become grumpy - so it was a really serious situation ). I don't do it more in that sense because I somehow don't want to "abuse" this ability, or use it for "trivial" things. I know silence is morally self-regulating, but when someone needs to deputize at work, isn't it unfair to ask for divine support so that it's not me? I would love to use samyama more - also in practical terms cause I think that only good comes out of it (which is obviously a little paradox to what I have written above) - I just would like to have a confirmation that it's ok or even beneficial. If you could be so kind help me to overcome the mental barrier that keeps me from applying samyama more often also for so-called selfish reasons.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  02:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reading this thread Yogani gives all answers yo-gi....

Quote Yogani,

quote:
Hi All:

Of course, the greatest siddhi is the underlying peace and happiness that comes to be there throughout all the ups and downs of life.

Next for me is having the ability to help others by whatever means that come through in the flow of life. There are lots of sub-siddhis that come for that without any specific intention for this or that power, like described in several situations in the Secrets of Wilder novel. True siddhis do not come from personal choice, but from divine flow. It is beyond our doing. This is why samyama is about releasing intentions in stillness, and then come what may. The more abiding inner silence we have cultivated in deep meditation, the better the outcome.

Releasing intentions in stillness becomes a habit in time, and it is very liberating, because we don't have to do anything but touch, release and keep walking. There are many things emanating from stillness that we come to take for granted, like better health, nearly always find a parking space by the door, and almost never getting rained on. Practical stuff.

It is said that yogis and yoginis are able to stay out of the mud and thorns of life. It is really true. Real siddhis are very practical and practically invisible. Life just gets easier. We do nothing but meditate and do samyama to have them occurring continuously as we go about our daily activity.

All of these things are side effects emanating naturally from abiding inner silence, the eternal peace and happiness that comes up underneath it all, which we then merge with as stillness in action in daily living. For entering into that kind of life, practices are the key.

"Seek first the kingdom of heaven, and everything else will be added."

For those who need proof, just meditate daily, develop the habit of samyama via daily structured practice, and see how life changes over time. It will not be found by focusing on developing siddhis for personal reasons.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  04:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Cd

I did read that post as well. But what is still not clear to me concerning this "practical stuff", is if those things (like finding a parking slot) are supposed to happen by itself because silence knows our needs and moves accordingly - and due to the practice a yogini/yogi has a comparatively greater unconscious influence. Or is Yogani walking around, leaving sutras along his way like ..."parking space"..."rain later"..."5 bugs on the floor"...
That was the case when I had hiccups - I released "no hiccup" and it was gone, same with the "cab"-situation. I believe outcome is always in best interest for all of us beyond our understanding of the situation as Yogani said. So sometimes the outcome will not be congruent to what we may had in mind when releasing the desire - so it's ok "to try"?... since what comes out of it is in the best interest for all - no matter if its congruent with the desired outcome or not. And in my hiccup- or cab-case there was a personal interest driving the release. If there wouldn't have come a cab I would have thought "ok, seems that it should be like that" and be fine with it. So how is it? Are you "trying" - should I wholeheartedly "try" more as it is not only promoting easiness but even "overall beneficial" to release trivial desires as mentioned above along the way?

PS: Any thoughts about the placing-and-releasing-a-sutra-in-another-persons-body to make silence help "over there"?

Edited by - yo_gi on May 02 2018 05:31:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that through practice we get deeper and deeper access to the silence, and we start to naturally act from that place. The silence flows in life, taking forms that support us - it supports itself, as all are only forms of one thing. We are more at ease with what it is, and appreciate it as it is, with deep gratitude and reverence. The interest shifts from focusing on the little "me" to focusing on the world. We are everything there is, and it is only natural to care for the world, to be there for it, to help and do our part in the world. If the silence wants to perform miracle in doing this, so be it. It is the silence that is the origin of siddhis, not the little "me."

As about placing-and-releasing-sutras-in-another-person's-body, you could inquire in silence: How could I be of help? What to do about patients?Is samyama helpful? etc. Just be open to what comes. Do what seems right in each situation. Your care and willing to be there for your patients make a big difference, as you know already.
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  08:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
It`s good to hear those words more often and in all their variations. Yes naturally acting from silence that's what it's about...the uncertainty regarding "how to?" is just part of the how it is now for me, but I'm on my way... falling in silence more and more... less questions, less uncertainty more flow more natural acting. I trust in silence.. it will all fall in place. Yes - why not letting the "how to?" go in silence. Silence is there...I just need to be with it, in it, be it, talk to it, live it, let go in it - that's all.
Thank you again
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  08:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So how is it? Are you "trying" - should I wholeheartedly "try" more as it is not only promoting easiness but even "overall beneficial" to release trivial desires as mentioned above along the way?

A few weeks ago I was a day at a wellnesscomplex with hubby. We do like sauna, hubby and I took place in the meditation sauna cabine, to listen to a recorded guided meditation as the start of the day. We were enjoying the first 5 minutes in the large sauna cabine and then there was a breakdown of all electricity in the whole complex...

After some minutes an employee came in, told us what happened and that he did not know how long it would take, it could be minutes to several hours.

The cabines (large spaces) are hot for a long time, even without electricity, so customers could easily stay there, the lights went down but there are windows. Nothing to worry about as a customer, so was my thinking. Hubby however started to share his negative expectations on the situation, I said relax don't worry etc.

We went out to take a swim, came back etc. almost an hour passed and again back in the (still hot) cabine hubby was in his again negative spiral of expectations.

Then I said, in stead of all this negative vibes, you can send out some positive ones. I spread my arms and said with a big smile 'positive vibes' and yes (this is truth) the lights went on at the very moment, I spread my arms. It was not my intention, there was no thinking in front, it just happened in the moment.

Be there for the other person wholeheartedly is what we can do....
Personally I am caretaker for my parents who are in there eighties. Daily life is getting more difficult if the body is aging and weaker. What I personally 'do' is light a candle, 'do my daily practice' and sometimes after practice I imagine them happy, blissful. No use of words, just a blissful face.

Edited by - Charliedog on May 02 2018 10:46:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  08:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had an image of you while reading... switching the lights on with a smile

I also have my parents integrated in my practice - their names are the last sutras of my samyama-list

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  10:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Then I said, in stead of all this negative vibes, you can send out some positive ones. I spread my arms and said with a big smile 'positive vibes' and yes (this is truth) the lights went on at the very moment, I spread my arms. It was not my intention, there was no thinking in front, it just happened in the moment.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 04 2018 :  9:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Charliedog
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 05 2018 :  01:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Yogi

I can relate to your confusion of whether you should “try” more with samayama - it’s a phase we go through once we get a taste of the effectiveness of samyama. But it’s never a trying /a doing - it is a letting go. The whole thing evolves into continuous letting go into the moment with no strings of sutras - just a barely registered, spontaneous intention for a friend to feel better, a relative to find peace, perpetrators to be forgiven (examples)
So don’t worry about it. Just keep doing what you can with a tender touch and a kind word.
Wishing you the best

Sey
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 05 2018 :  02:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sey

Thank you for your response. Helps me to trust in the simplicity - from gross to subtle.

Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - May 05 2018 :  05:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Letting go before the intention crystallizes in the mind - before the mind shapes it towards the "little-me-interests".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000