New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  3:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As some of you are already aware, Brett (aka trip1 from the AYP forums here) and myself have been putting together a podcast called 'Seek and Destroy' over the past 6 months or so. Well, after much laughter, a few tears and even a few virtual arm wrestling matches we are finally live.

The podcast is an in-depth, no-holds barred look at Brett and my spiritual paths. No topic is off-limits, no experience goes unquestioned, no one gets out alive.

You can download the podcast for free (new episodes released every week) from iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/se.../id792528292 or you can check out our website and forums at seekanddestroypodcast.com.

But enough of the shameless self promotion... hopefully the podcast will speak for itself.

Much love,
Carson (and Brett)

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  6:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Look forward to listening to it.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  8:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  02:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice
Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  04:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, definitely cool !

your hair and outfit is awesome and both of you have very pleasant voices - they match perfectly.

wish you lots of inspiration and listeners!

Edited by - Ayiram on Jan 08 2014 04:43:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  08:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff, guys.

You could team up with Russell Brand, who is also speaking out from stillness on spiritual matters in no uncertain terms.
http://youtu.be/AfZWz7kOsKU

It is time for this generation to lead the world out of the dark. So do it!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  09:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mischievously inspirational.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  09:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

You could team up with Russell Brand, who is also speaking out from stillness on spiritual matters in no uncertain terms.

Jesus! Just watched that video, and that guy is like a spiritual ballistic missile. I thought I was intense. Talk about bhakti. Russell Brand = Whirling-dervish-high-speed-tornado man.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  09:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

How do you and Brett decide on topics for the podcasts? Any insight into any of your future ones?

Regards,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  10:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement and the downloads everyone!

quote:

It is time for this generation to lead the world out of the dark. So do it!

I've seen several Russell Brand videos lately but not the one above. It was very good. I like that he is not scared to talk like a real person despite obviously being aware of "the divine nature." This is something that I have found to be missing in a lot of spiritual circles and is one of the reasons Brett and I decided to do a podcast. It seems that it can be easy to fall into what I sometimes jokingly call "the namaste trap" once some personal experience with "the beyond" happens. I personally fell into this trap *hard* for a time. I started to dress differently, spoke in a softer voice, changed my vocabulary, hung mala beads from my rearview mirror and slapped a 'Namaste' sticker on my bumper. In hindsight this was not only unnecessary but it also indicated a lack of authenticity and that I was very insecure in my path. So I like that Russell Brand isn't scared to put it all out there, with no regard for "spiritual correctness." Anyone who can drop 3 F-Bombs in the same sentence while talking about the connectedness of everything is a kindred spirit for sure.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  10:31:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

How do you and Brett decide on topics for the podcasts? Any insight into any of your future ones?

For the first 10 or so we recorded (not all will be released) we mostly just talked about the struggles and triumphs we had had that week, pushing each other to look closer at our reactions and tendencies, but we have plans in the future for some more directed topics. We plan to record a podcast in the near future that is a movie review and discussion of the movie "Kumare" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXUzG6YKuvo and we plan to have guests as well as discuss topics that are suggested by listeners on the Seek and Destroy forums.

The future (some are already recorded) podcasts include topics like:
-emotional energy "suckerfish" and the Micheal Brown's "ICU" process designed to combat them.
-Louis CK's video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c and using stand up comedy as a spiritual practice
-Earthing/grounding
-Awakening "patterns"
-Discussion of important current events and their relevance to the spiritual path
-Siddhis
-The effect of the digital age on spiritual awakening
-Psychedelics and their usefulness (or lack of) on the path
-Enlightenment, gradual or unfolding
-The dynamics of healing

Hope this gives you some indication as to where the podcast is headed.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  4:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff!!
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  8:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!

quote:

Carson sent me a Russell Brand video a few months back and it really took me by surprise. The ultimate podcast guest, for sure. May all awakened beings be blessed with his gift of gab.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  11:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love Russell Brand ever since I saw St. Trinians (British comedy about a school for bad girls).

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9R1KTfUESE

Sorry to stray- good stuff Carson!
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful video by Russell Brand
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  2:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A new episode was released today through our website and iTunes. You can find both links in the top post.

Thanks for listening!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  11:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been listening. Love the part about the Namaste sticker. Hilarious!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  10:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like episode 4. Thank you I needed that :)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  10:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback Jonesboy, lalow33.

When Brett and I first started recording podcasts it took us a little while to really get into our groove. We trashed several recorded podcasts that came prior to 001, and we've trashed a few after 004 as well, but starting with 005 we really feel as though we have hit our stride. So, if you could manage to swallow 001-004 then I think the next several weeks of releases should be enjoyable listens. Hopefully.

Thanks again to all for sharing your time and hearts with us.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  1:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Im looking forward to checking it out. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  10:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We just hit #9 in the "Religion and Spirituality" section on Canadian iTunes! Thanks to everyone here who has been downloading the podcast! New episode "005 That Just Happened" comes out tomorrow.

Love!
Carson

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  01:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
episode 4 was a very good....a blend of serious analysis conveyed from daily life events and lots of humour
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  5:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Carson and Brett:

Excellent Podcast(s)! Two thumbs up!

All:

Per mention of Russell Brand ... all I can say is:

Dude has some interesting friends .... hopefully Russell's spirituality and peaceful nature will rub off on that other guy .......

Russell Brand and Friend

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  10:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really want to thank everyone for listening and for the feedback. Today on Canadian iTunes we are ranked #1 in the Religion and Spirituality, Spirituality and the Other podcast sections. Brett and I are very humbled and grateful and want to express our thanks to all of you here who have been listening. Cheers!!

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000