AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation, healings, and the inner body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  09:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've noticed a correlation between how much my mind consciously interfaces with the body and how balanced or actualized I become.

I have a good friend who has been very supportive of me, more than twice my age. We've become good friends. She referred me to an energy healer who told me my biggest problem is carrying tension in my stomach.

I knew that long before, as well as that all my energy was stuck in the upper have of my body. You know the headaches that can cause. She saw this and told me that my aura looked like a light bulb, big on top and thin on the bottom.

I took her advice and begin focusing on my mid section, as well as my feet chakra which she helped me to open up. An interesting swirl, the feet chakras have.

In doing this I became more aware of the dense nerve structures that criss cross in the abdomen, connecting the front/back of legs to the front/back of the upper body.

This new awareness gave me the sensitivity to feel how my posture was affected, allowing me to correct it.

By applying her insight, I believe I experienced a few healings. Emotions came up. My relationships with my older brother took a new turn yesterday, as I was utterly incapable of allowing him to treat me as his 'little' brother who will always have less experience than him, which isn't true at all.

I feel like because I am working on the root chakras, and the connecting nerves into my legs, I am experience an extreme grounding process.

Its been an amazing time of healing for me, these past few months.

I wrote a poem recently, after an encounter with joy, about how people turn joy into hugs, kisses, smiles, and laughter, BUT, can they turn that joy into tears. Can you be so grateful and so appriciative of life, and in awe of our mysterious existence, that you weep joy?

Thank you so much for the oppurtunity to share my experiences.

I'd enjoy any advice people might have on what I might benefit from in practice.

Perhaps yogani can point me to a few specific links in the archive.

Thanks again

Zack

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  11:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Zack - It's always so great when you meet the right person at the right time and they can bring healing where it's needed. If there's any pertinent info you can share about opening/healing the lower chakras, I'd be very interested, as I experience blocks there as well. Also, I'd like to read the poem you wrote, if you're inclined to share it here.

In regard to your request for advice in practices, I found this post by Andrew to be really helpful in correcting my sloppy spinal breathing, and I think the improved technique is doing something for my root chakra. I'm not positive about this, but I feel a dull ache down there during meditation, so I suspect it's starting to wake up. Also feel a very slight sexual arousal during practices, which is new, so definitely check this out:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1329
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  3:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to share the poem with you, but to be honest it isn't fully complete yet. I do have quite a few I've written this past week, during which I experienced many healings in the body.

Thanks for taking an interest.

From what I gather, a milestone for my body's purification was becoming conscious of the point in the midsection where the nerves in the front leg flow into the back and the nerves on the back legs flow into the bellow.

I think this point was so damaged for me because of being hit in two car accidents. That damage, the surgery required afterwards, and the pre existing problem with posture more or less cut me off from my entire body.

I have actually been healing my posture. I have a disability becaue of the spine injury, where I can barely sit upright. The past couple weeks I have been meditating in perfect posture almost all the time.

You can begin to feel deep within, very subtle sensations, which guide you in aligning the spine. Pulling the abdomen inward seems to help me with my particular problem with posture. The next thing I do after straightening my abdomen/hips to align with the nerves inside going up to my chest, I pull my shoulders back and straghten my mid spine to align the nerves in my chest to those in my neck.

Okay, here is some of my latest poetry.

ALL of my poems are designed to heal, so please join me in that deep knowing that miracles are performed effortlessly.

Though each poem is completely effortless in its creation, I still take the art seriously, or have total love for it. My goal is to poor my heart out into poetry over my lifetime, and put whatever I can into a few books during that course. Thanks for any feedback.

-

If I were do die tomorrow
I'd asked not to be cloned
until servants and comedians
are viewed as heroes

-

Heartway

When you can pass someone on the street
and offer a blessing
which you know will result in the most
appropriate miracle
you are making progress

-

An etch in stone

Just as any object may resonate and attract with people
who are at the verge of that natural, always fresh perspective
so can a poem, journal, or article be an etch in stone for people to
happen into

-

Inner children need boundries

You may notice over time
that I rarely write poems
that cause tears

You won't often see me
approach life from the angle
of suffering

I don't mess with that energy

There are some things
you just don't play with

-

In all worlds, a lifeform come to find respect for its peers
by valuing in its own
struggle, failure, and victory
they recognize same in others who have made it this far

And so all we have to do
in order to know the value of any lifeform
is to recognize them as peer
to project the recognition of our own worthiness
onto that which cannot be seperate from us

They have made it this far as individuals
and as a species, millions of years have been spent
holding its fort down
doing what it can to maintain function
so how is their success story any different from our own?

Even enemies, who carry swords to carve flesh
have respect for each other

The element in life which does not respect a lifeform's place
is that which causes its extinction

Is your empty heart hollow?

-

How much does loss weigh?

Those who allow loss
to govern their daily life
have really lost
only one thing

An eternal memory of abundance

Life does not cost anything

You are "free" now!
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  7:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful. thank you. I'm deeply humbled.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  07:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the link, Meg.

I really appriciated that. It means a great deal to have a place like this where one can network with like minds. Sharing experiences is almost a process of navigation, we mean so much to each other's own progress.

Have you continued to made headway on the spinal breathing.

I seem to fluxuate between a more laxed mental visualization of the breath in the spine vs a intensely focused experience of every nerve I am able. Both seem to be calling to me at time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000